Receiving odd e-mails

quridz
quridz Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Support Desk
Hello,

Today I've received 4 e-mails from pwe1@mailmw.custhelp.com with as subject "account suspension" and 3 e-mails with "password change verification" I was confused, since it was send by "pwe1". It was regarding a ticket made on December 1, which I haven't made. I did, however make a ticket a few weeks ago. Inside the e-mail was a message and a ticket form you usually get when you make a ticket "We have not heard from you concerning your request for support in the 48 hours since we sent you a response. Consequently, we have changed the status of your question to SOLVED.
"

The last time I made a ticket it was indeed because of my account being suspended (It was compromised, apparently someone from a banned region logged in) Did anyone else receive anything like this before?
Post edited by quridz on

Comments

• irizu
    irizu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, i got the same email.. ( 4 of em ) concerning an old ticket.
    "pwe1@mailmw.custhelp.com"

What's this about?
  • lordofnytemares
    lordofnytemares Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    same here, I know when I 1st started, I couldn't login and sent a ticket but that was months ago. I just getting. They are sending regarding registration help which would be a ticket that was solved ages ago. Maybe someone rolled back the system or something. But they are spamming me, I gotten 4x saying that, and 4x saying 12+ hours later and still no replay as the title
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's someone trying to phish your account info. Somewhere in a PWI-related discussion, your e-mail address has been visible.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • irizu
    irizu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    With other words, don't reply to the emails.. just delete em b:chuckle
  • merchantofserbia
    merchantofserbia Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I recived those as well 6 of them in total, all had legit info from past tickets, oh ye and one more thing, i cant log my main accounts neather my wife it say we are banned !!!
  • XKillerNoSX - Heavens Tear
    XKillerNoSX - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    yes i got 8 emails i opened them then was on the forums and seen this i changed the password right after i read this hopefully i do not get banned
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    its PWI itself, there is no logical way "they" would be targeting PWI players.

one thing to consider is Facebook connect but i think more to the point its

some one close to the PWE operation ,
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    grimli wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know, this is NOT a scam email so you don't have to worry. You can safely disregard and delete these emails. We apologize if you got spammed with these email notifications. This was unintended.

The support portal is currently being revamped behind the scenes and all the old tickets are being migrated over into a new system.

/Thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    We are auditing our system in preparation for a support system update. Please follow up with any urgent or relevant tickets. For all others, you can ignore those notices.

If you have any problems with your tickets over the next couple of weeks, you can reply to them, and/or contact us by our regular email.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    We are auditing our system in preparation for a support system update. Please follow up with any urgent or relevant tickets. For all others, you can ignore those notices.

If you have any problems with your tickets over the next couple of weeks, you can reply to them, and/or contact us by our regular email.

I suppose that's why none of my tickets are being worked on again.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • wingedfalcie
    wingedfalcie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I also got this mail and i can't send any notifications to customer service.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    what to do when regular e-mail isn't working and the support system is broken so that I can't login?

I send to customerservice@perfectworldinc.com and get an undeliverable error.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith