Problem logging into West servers

drlovejoy
drlovejoy Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Support Desk
Why am I having problems logging into my server? First it shows all west servers are down, then 3000ms, and so on. When it looks like it's up, I try to log in and it doesn't show my toons. It's not my internet connection because obviously I'm online threading this. At some points I can finally log in and play for about 1hr, then disconnect. When I look at the servers, again, it shows it's down. It's only happening on the west server. Also, when I first click on the pw icon to enter the game it doesn't show the the pictures that tell you whats goin on thats new on pwi. Can someone tell me if it's just me, cuz my girlfriends laptop was doing it too. But we both live together, so I wasnt sure if it was me or several people.
Post edited by drlovejoy on

Comments

• Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    drlovejoy wrote: »
    Why am I having problems logging into my server? First it shows all east servers are down, then 3000ms, and so on. When it looks like it's up, I try to log in and it doesn't show my toons. It's not my internet connection because obviously I'm online threading this. At some points I can finally log in and play for about 1hr, then disconnect. When I look at the servers, again, it shows it's down. It's only happening on the east server. Also, when I first click on the pw icon to enter the game it doesn't show the the pictures that tell you whats goin on thats new on pwi. Can someone tell me if it's just me, cuz my girlfriends laptop was doing it too. But we both live together, so I wasnt sure if it was me or several people.

same happens to me for west coast servers
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • drlovejoy
    drlovejoy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i edited my post it was west server
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Moved to the Technical Support Zone.
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My sibling had something similar happening this night. After having the internet drop after a half fcc and still standing in big room, got the infamous big room glitch. That is not the important part, once back online, got DCed next to me outside. Internet was fine, others servers were fine, but Sanctuary refused to allow log in at 1st, then simply decided to not show the characters list.
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    SoIotude - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Same. Vana got interesting this way. Unable to log back on. All servers showing 3000ms, Sanctuary not online.
    Restarted client a couple of times, Servers look ok, log on, DC again. The screen freezes and unable to log off.

Now reinstalling PWI, but doubt if that was the problem.

Any suggestions?
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Same. Vana got interesting this way. Unable to log back on. All servers showing 3000ms, Sanctuary not online.
    Restarted client a couple of times, Servers look ok, log on, DC again. The screen freezes and unable to log off.

Now reinstalling PWI, but doubt if that was the problem.

Any suggestions?

Reinstalling did not fix the problem. Im sending in a ticket.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Kippie, Vio has same problems, she even did verification again, it might be your region perhaps? I`m only having some serious lag spikes from time to time.
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    hey toet, aye verification did not work for me either. maybe it is region related. curious where the rest of the ppl are that are experiencing the same problem. The Netherlands here.

BTW: submitting a ticket would be WAY easier if that wasnt glitched too. Request Support button is broken 8|
  • Viorith - Sanctuary
    Viorith - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im having this 'problem' since yesterday. It took me 2 hrs to log into PWI.
    Think today i was able to be online for 1 minuteand and then i got the problem again.
    Also from the Netherlands.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    hey toet, aye verification did not work for me either. maybe it is region related. curious where the rest of the ppl are that are experiencing the same problem. The Netherlands here.

BTW: submitting a ticket would be WAY easier if that wasnt glitched too. Request Support button is broken 8|

same netherlands looks like tis a dutch thing ...
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    No, we do not want to go to the European servers. NO.

Just kidding of course. But really. NO.

It would be nice to hear if above problem is being adressed by some sort of tech support :) Ty.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    i think if they would force us to play EU servers they should give us char transfers but that will never happen. I want rewards for missing TW last night b:angry cuz kill count matters
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Compensation for missed vana during 2x... *dreams on*
  • dream2die
    dream2die Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Same here, Dutch also.

Hijack this log: Clean
    Malwartebytes: Clean
    Panda: Clean

Firewall deactivated-no solution
    No ports blocked
    PWI issue only (towards West Coast Servers, EU servers give no issue)
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers...

The more information you give, the easier it is to figure out your problem. I don't see why this concept is such a problem for you people to grasp.

From what you've given me, here's a quick list right off the top of my head of probable causes...
    1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue.
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is. Just remember, 98% of the time it is not the servers.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Darcwolf - Lost City
    Darcwolf - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2011

The more information you give, the easier it is to figure out your problem. I don't see why this concept is such a problem for you people to grasp.

From what you've given me, here's a quick list right off the top of my head of probable causes...
    1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo.)
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of weeks ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is. Just remember, 98% of the time it is not the servers.

This problem is hard to grasp because its ONLY people on the west coast, clearly ruling out EVERY problem you just listed.

I havent logged onto PWI in about a week and just wanted to see what the map looks like and cant connect to the server, but I can log into other MMOs just fine.
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011

Thank you for your most helpfull reply and the nice remark about "us" people. Very enlightening b:victory
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your most helpfull reply and the nice remark about "us" people. Very enlightening b:victory

I dare you to show me a post where anyone that posted today complaining about this in the 5 or so threads that are out there actually gave any helpful information to troubleshoot it.

Go onb:chuckle have fun b:victory

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • ChaosRip - Archosaur
    ChaosRip - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ths happens to me all the time. How the heck are we supposed to use our main server when the cant even frikan keep it online.

Users will try to say its not the servers or PWEs fault or anything but the thing is. It is.
    How can it not be there fault when like 50 people have the same problem, your going to tell me we all have internet problems... yea I dont think so.

I used to play the West servers for like 2 years without ever changing servers and now since there last 2-4 updates I havent been able to play west servers for more than an hour.

This is just bs, I mean PWE probably knows of the problem or they are having issues with people trying to **** there servers and there trying to get them fixed A.S.A.P.

I think personally not to be a jerk but I mean PWE they host MANY big games as it is why not let some other big company host it like Ijiji or Gamersfirst or something like that, just to help PWE.

When you cant even maintain one frikan server side how is this affecting the game itself.....

++

DONT GO TELLING US THAT IS IS OUR FAULTS. Because how the hell would it be our fault when we can play the same server for years and years and now all of a sudden its crashing randomly, no matter how up to date your game is or how fresh your folder is IT STILL CRASHES.

I personally think PWE is keeping something from is and there haivng problems and wont tell us I mean have they EVER posted on the forums describing ANY issues or have the company themself EVER told us what has been updates with the patches... No so what makes it u think its either fault.

I'm sick of people accusing of these problems being our fault, ITS CLEAR AS DAY THATS ITS NOT.

What you people would try to say is that 100+ people that have this issue, have computer,internet or folder problems, cause if that is the case than when u have it happen to you and find out its not ur internet we will be waiting for your apology, untill then

This is Demon_Race from Dream because ARCH DOESNT WORK
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    You guys realize that there's like a whole bunch of connections that the signal passes through between you and the server right?

This weekend it looks like there's been some issues with routers in the middle US that are dropping packets. This can make it hard for you to connect if your signal happens to go through them.

This is not on your end. and it's not the servers or anything to do with PWI.

A couple of weeks ago there was an issue with a trunk line coming across the Atlantic. Again, nothing to do with PWI or you, but you can't connect to the servers.

Couple of months ago there was a router in New York that was near the PWI ISP that was having an issue. 90% of the population could not access the East Coast servers. Servers were up and running, PWE's ISP was working just fine. There was nothing that they could do about it because the router that was having an issue was not one controlled by PWE.

This happens regularly, all over the world. It interrupts your connection. You can't connect to the server. No matter how pro your system/connection is, or how pro the server is, you can't connect because something in between fell over.

I don't see why it's such a hard concept for everyone to understand.

And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • ChaosRip - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Its not the facts that its hard to understand because I'm sure many of us understand that.

Its really just the facts of why is it all of a sudden happening now.
    Why all of a sudden after so many years of working with no problems why is it that now it chooses to stop working.

It just doesnt add up.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Its not the facts that its hard to understand because I'm sure many of us understand that.

Its really just the facts of why is it all of a sudden happening now.
    Why all of a sudden after so many years of working with no problems why is it that now it chooses to stop working.

It just doesnt add up.
    It does if you actually read her explanation...
    ...This weekend it looks like there's been some issues with routers in the middle US that are dropping packets. This can make it hard for you to connect if your signal happens to go through them.

I ran several traceroutes when I got DC'ed or had an issue logging in. In every case it was either a hub system in Colorado dropping packets, or once routed around that, it was a group of hubs in Euless Texas, (4 routers in one location!), that was causing an issue.

It happens all of a sudden, because those routers suddenly had a problem. Colorado fell over, it got re-routed through Texas, and that network got overloaded with all the traffic. It then takes a few minutes for everything to load-balance properly and then it's smooth running again. Colorado gets back online properly, it returns to the original route, rinse and repeat.

None of those have anything even remotely to to with the PWE servers, and it all adds up just fine. At least, it does if you aren't so close-minded that you believe in some "magical" connection that links you directly to the servers without having to cross the rest of the planet in between.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • khyndra
    khyndra Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im also having the same problem but I'm in Asia..
  • ChaosRip - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    What you guys try to tell us the problem is. U treat us like were all frikan morons and dont know **** about computer or how to internet works and you know I'm sick of that because many many people DO understand comptuers and there internet and how everything works.

They might just be posting to let PWE know of these problems to help fix them them or update them.
    Because again, This server ran at max capacity PERFECT for MANY MANY years Since I'll actually say, since the Genesis Update theres been NOTHING but issues with this server.

Plus why is it that This one SUDDENLY has all these problems but the rest are better than ever,
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What you guys try to tell us the problem is. U treat us like were all frikan morons and dont know **** about computer or how to internet works and you know I'm sick of that because many many people DO understand comptuers and there internet and how everything works.

They might just be posting to let PWE know of these problems to help fix them them or update them.
    Because again, This server ran at max capacity PERFECT for MANY MANY years Since I'll actually say, since the Genesis Update theres been NOTHING but issues with this server.

Plus why is it that This one SUDDENLY has all these problems but the rest are better than ever,

ok, I read the whole thread. You claim to be computer-savvy, yet fail to understand the absolute most basic fact that Allisandre ad Mor_Toran pointed out.....

It's not the server that is having an issue.

I'd like to know how you think it is that PWE is going to fix a router in another state/country that they don't even own.

~~~~~
    The issue since the Genesis update is that there's a lot more graphics, a lot more people, and the client was written in 2004 and hasn't been updated yet. It isn't even designed for multi-core platforms.
    Any issues you have there, is on your end, within the client.
    Any issues you have DC'ing is most likely either on your end, or in-between you and the servers.

It's like you can't even comprehend that there is more than one connection between your computer and the server, much less the fact that there are several. Each connection is a point of failure. Only one is managed by PEW and it's running fine.

here, take a look at this.... (Since no one has bothered to post a traceroute.)

Tracing route to pwigc2.perfectworld.com [64.74.134.48]
    over a maximum of 16 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
    dsldevice.att.net [192.168.1.254]
    2 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 76-250-208-2.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net [76.250.208.2]
    3 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms 75.26.64.114
    4 13 ms 10 ms 16 ms 75.26.64.78
    5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 12.83.32.129
    6 19 ms 18 ms 18 ms ppp-151-164-55-178.eulstx.swbell.net [151.164.55.178]
    7 19 ms 18 ms 19 ms as2914-ntt.eqchil.sbcglobal.net [151.164.251.114]
    8 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms ae-7.r21.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.201]
    9 75 ms 71 ms 69 ms ae-5.r20.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.107]
    10 72 ms 71 ms 70 ms ae-1.r06.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.13]
    11 69 ms 74 ms 69 ms xe-0-0-0-4.r06.snjsca04.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [128.241.219.130]
    12 72 ms 72 ms 70 ms border2.t7-1-bbnet1.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.20]
    13 * * * Request timed out.

Green - My system/house
    Yellow - My ISP
    Red - A connection that neither myself, nor PWE, have any control over. Each is a potential cause for packet loss, which results in you getting disconnected.
    Blue - PWI's ISP. It's going to time out here because they have ping response disabled to prevent DDoS attacks.

Right now I have an in-game ping of 114ms and I don't DC. If I do start to DC, I can usually run a trace and see that Hop 5 is overloaded and dropping packets.

If you fail to understand it put like that, give up. Quit playing MMO's, and take a course in networking.
  • ChaosRip - Archosaur
    edited December 2011
    Well I mean I just dont give a **** anymore. I dont like people bascially telling me that im an idiot and u know what, go **** yourselves.

I dont give a **** WHAT the problem is, the bottom line is that IT NEVER USE TO DO THIS since the maybe 2-5 updates ago. Since than I've had NOTHING but problems with West servers.

I really truely dont give a crao what the problem or cause is, the bottom line here is that again ITS NEVER EVER DONE THIS BEFORE and I dont give a **** what you say the problem is no matter if u say its me because I KNOW ITS NOT ME because it used to work 100% perfectly untill 2-5 updates ago
  • Thoragor - Sanctuary
    Thoragor - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Well I mean I just dont give a **** anymore. I dont like people bascially telling me that im an idiot and u know what, go **** yourselves.

I dont give a **** WHAT the problem is, the bottom line is that IT NEVER USE TO DO THIS since the maybe 2-5 updates ago. Since than I've had NOTHING but problems with West servers.

I really truely dont give a crao what the problem or cause is, the bottom line here is that again ITS NEVER EVER DONE THIS BEFORE and I dont give a **** what you say the problem is no matter if u say its me because I KNOW ITS NOT ME because it used to work 100% perfectly untill 2-5 updates ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh god you're so funny.
    You've been proven wrong with imepccable information and you still can't admit that you're wrong.

"I dont give a **** what you say the problem is no matter if u say its me because I KNOW ITS NOT ME "
    ROFL!! It's been shown with a large amount of evdence that IT'S NOT LIKELY YOU and that it's not likely the servers, but you still can't get over yourself.b:laugh

"ITS NEVER EVER DONE THIS BEFORE and I dont give a **** what you say "
    God, I'm really rolling now. IT HAS DONE THIS BEFORE, LOADS OF TIMES. But maybe you just weren't trying to play when it happened, or weren't on the wrong side of a hub that went bad.
    You obviously don't give a **** when someone goes out and proves how blantantly wrong you are. That... might... mean... they... were... right... and... you... weren't. ZOMG! It's the end of the workd!!!! YOU WERE WRONG!!!b:chuckle

Sorry dude, i was just out trolling and you left yourself wide open. I mean really, are you like 5 or something? You remind me of my little nephew throwing a tantrum.
    The reason you probably feel that people are treating you like an idiot is because you are acting like one.
    "... magical" connection that links you directly to the servers without having to cross the rest of the planet in between.

Where can I get on of these?b:chuckle
  • SgtZappOn - Dreamweaver
    SgtZappOn - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Pff please just tell me how to fix it instead of arguing with eachother...

I've got the same thing since the 2nd o/ December and it's not about my connection because it's still able to use chrome, firefox and whatever, and go online on my ps3...

Just please help me b:surrender