New Race for(maybe) Next Expansion!

Options
Blazeica - Dreamweaver
Blazeica - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
So, I have a really good idea for a new race! I'm still thinking of a name, but the background of the race could be: The (race's name) were created from the ancient lore of scrolls made by the Humans. They have 2 mystical forms, their neutral form, and their majestic dragon form. The (race's name)'s neutral form is 1 of the most beautiful in all of Perfect World, while their dragon form is 1 of the mightiest. The (race's name)'s 2 classes are the shifters, and the (still thinking of 1). The shifters have the ability to change forms into a form more suited for melee, and a form more suited for spell casting. They have 2 dragon forms: 1 for flying(around level 40 i guess?), and 1 for running(any level).

That's all I have for right now! So if you have a suggestion, then please post!b:victory

P.S. The female and male dragon forms will have to be different (ex: different in colors). And maybe the ground form could be like a eastern dragon(no wings), and the flying form could be like a western dragon(wings), but whatever the GMs say!b:cool
Post edited by Blazeica - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DarkMonsTerZ - Heavens Tear
    DarkMonsTerZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So, I have a really good idea for a new race! I'm still thinking of a name, but the background of the race could be: The (race's name) were created from the ancient lore of scrolls made by the Humans. They have 2 mystical forms, their neutral form, and their majestic dragon form. The (race's name)'s neutral form is 1 of the most beautiful in all of Perfect World, while their dragon form is 1 of the mightiest. The (race's name)'s 2 classes are the shifters, and the (still thinking of 1). The shifters have the ability to change forms into a form more suited for melee, and a form more suited for spell casting. They have 2 dragon forms: 1 for flying(around level 40 i guess?), and 1 for running(any level).

That's all I have for right now! So if you have a suggestion, then please post!b:victory

P.S. The female and male dragon forms will have to be different (ex: different in colors). And maybe the ground form could be like a eastern dragon(no wings), and the flying form could be like a western dragon(wings), but whatever the GMs say!b:cool

Well as cool as that would be tbh i think it would be a slightly over powered class i mean...well BMs for example usually have Low magic defense and high Physical defense
    And wizards are the Opposite With high Mag def and low Phys def don't get me wrong being able to go dragon would be epicly awesome but i just think it would be slightly over powered like i mean in PVP your getting atacked by a BM you shift to normal form to avoid taking serious damage and if you are getting attacked by a wizard you could switch to a form where you avoid serious magic damage. like i said don't get me wrong Greatt idea i admire your imagination of coming up with an idea such as dragon from (would be awesome though) but i honestly think that they wouldn't really have any weaknesses which would unbalance the PVP like atm Seekers are owning pvp or so ive herd because they can do similar things to what your suggesting
    Good idea though :)
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO SEE THIS ON GAME. But there are too many races already. Reaplace the tideborn :D Bring them back to the sea. **** the damn earthguard this ones should have been implemented instead. +1 to the idea. But plz no more races
  • Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide
    Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    turg14 wrote: »
    Reaplace the tideborn :D Bring them back to the sea. **** the damn earthguard this ones should have been implemented instead. +1 to the idea. But plz no more races

why would you want to remove races when you can have a new one that can *as you may say Crush the crusher* Defeat the sins seekers and barb easy but get dominated by the others that would be a cool feacher. would't that balance it out
  • kelvinshark
    kelvinshark Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    umm y not make a tauroc race?
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    umm y not make a tauroc race?

NO Dragons FTW! b:bye
  • Kinjareta - Archosaur
    Kinjareta - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To be honest I would love to see something like this eventually, However they may need to rethink it a little bit, As another user above stated, this would be a highly over powered class, so the developers would need to think of some fault, they'd also need to choose what element the race should be based around :3

But all in all, I simply love this idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok this is a LOT more posts than I had expected! I seriously expected this not to get any replies at all! Thanks for all the support!b:thanks
    Yeah, I just noticed that I kind of over powered it. I guess I do that sometimes.b:chuckle I pretty much have no idea if the shifters will be mostly melee, magic, or something completely different.

And again, thank you a million for all of this support!b:laugh
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this is already in a game

How in the WORLD is this already in a game?
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    New Race for(maybe) Next Expansion!
    You DO know that development the next expansion was finished probably many months ago, right?
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You DO know that development the next expansion was finished probably many months ago, right?

I'm never notified of this kind of stuff so no, I don't know.

And if you can read the title of this thread, it clearly states, "New Race for(maybe) Next Expansion!". See that maybe there? I wasn't saying exactly for the next expansion, but somewhere P.W.E. hasn't made plans for an expansion. With what I said, all this could happen years in the future. Or not happen at all. It all counts on what the GMs decide to do with this.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We were all notified from this thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1230201

Technically. :3
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We were all notified from this thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1230201

Technically. :3

I barely play P.W.I, so I pretty much never look at new posts. So "technically" I was one of the people that didn't read, or ever knew about, the thread. So it's not "We were all" it's "Almost all of us".
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    C'mon people don't let this die.
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Don't let this die.
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Come on people! Your letting this die!!b:sad
  • Reix - Dreamweaver
    Reix - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'll humor you some, the dragon idea is certainly interesting and I'd like to see how it would be implemented, but isn't what you're describing just a venomancer? Or to extend beyond our game, a Druid.

A first form for casting that shapeshifts to a second form for melee.
    Human --> Fox

And the flight and running sound like a rip from Druids on WoW.
    Cat --> Damage
    Bear --> Tanking
    Bird --> Flight and Speed flight, since there are two of them
    Cheetah --> Ground speed

Sorry, but the way you have them is just like our venos mated with Druids on WoW. I like your idea aesthetically, but the mechanics of it in the game just won't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goldslave123
    goldslave123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    eh im just gonna say that a good new expansion will bring new players. and more the better :P im a sin lvl 94 xD i want som ppl to killl, but tbh. making a whole new race takes more then a couple weeks, next expansion is quite literaly impossible :P. maybe next year in like march tho xD. they developed the tideborn race for a lil over a year i think xD
    but the creativity is cool. caster>melee is a all around bad idea in my opinion sounds extremly op. u can kill a sin if ur smart tbh. but melee+mag is overkill :P cuz veno are evened out a bit. thats how they get away with it.

(sin haters saying we are op, yes we are.. to stupid ppl, there is plenty ways to kill a sin xD)
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'll humor you some, the dragon idea is certainly interesting and I'd like to see how it would be implemented, but isn't what you're describing just a venomancer? Or to extend beyond our game, a Druid.

A first form for casting that shapeshifts to a second form for melee.
    Human --> Fox

And the flight and running sound like a rip from Druids on WoW.
    Cat --> Damage
    Bear --> Tanking
    Bird --> Flight and Speed flight, since there are two of them
    Cheetah --> Ground speed

Sorry, but the way you have them is just like our venos mated with Druids on WoW. I like your idea aesthetically, but the mechanics of it in the game just won't happen.
    Excuse me, but what is WoW? And this wasn't supposed to be anything like venos! Also, I don't know what it means to "humor" someone. I've never heard of a Druid either, but it sounds pretty awesome!

I also said to make suggestions, right? I said that encase I mess up on something.
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh and by the way everyone, I am a kid so please be nice when replying. But don't talk to me like I'm stupid. I don't know everything, but that doesn't mean I am stupid.
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a new race has already been confirmed.
  • ExoticMyst - Lost City
    ExoticMyst - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    To answer your question the term -removed- I played it and have several characters there however it is a pay per month game. b:cool
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Pretty cool, but i think it doesn`t have to be limited to only dragon shifts, maybe the dragon can be the meele form, and... maybe a dryad like thing as the caster form.
    And maybe there can be supporter and tank forms, the support form can be a fairy and the tank can be an orc like.
    Oh! and maybe the armor and weapons can change according the form it has, like the weapon can be a sphere base and it becomes an axe in tank form, and a wand in the caster one (yh they will have their own set of weps, like tideborns).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:embarrass Oh no, no more new races...I was really looking forward to this expansion before I heard more new races were confirmed...

But I do like reading about people's ideas for new races. They're usually better than anything PWE's devs can come up with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Briarheart - Raging Tide
    Briarheart - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    New races? ._.
    I think PWI ought to give the old classes some love (besides new skills, which seem to be rather useless for a lot of classes *poor clerics...*) before they consider adding new races..
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    a new race has already been confirmed.

It has??? o.o
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Pretty cool, but i think it doesn`t have to be limited to only dragon shifts, maybe the dragon can be the meele form, and... maybe a dryad like thing as the caster form.
    And maybe there can be supporter and tank forms, the support form can be a fairy and the tank can be an orc like.
    Oh! and maybe the armor and weapons can change according the form it has, like the weapon can be a sphere base and it becomes an axe in tank form, and a wand in the caster one (yh they will have their own set of weps, like tideborns).

Good idea! I just wish that people would stop putting me down!!! I haven't played the game for a while, okay??? Is it MY fault I had no clue about a new race already being confirmed?!?
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Good idea! I just wish that people would stop putting me down!!! I haven't played the game for a while, okay??? Is it MY fault I had no clue about a new race already being confirmed?!?

Not YOUR fault, i havent heard of it neither
    And i dont think thats true ._.
    Pwi would have announced it everywhere, like when tideborns came out, we had images from them like half year before they were released
    ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sorry OP but this suggestion is very ignorant. Instead of adding more classes that will further break the game, i think right now they need to focus on fixing it, which with a bit of luck, we are all hoping the next expansion will do to some extent.
  • Blazeica - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Will you people PLEASE stop calling me stupid??? b:sad
    I'm only a kid, you know. I'm still young, so PLEASE take it easy on me!! Just PLEASE stop calling me and an idiot, ignorant, stupid, and other names that you adults would call me!!! I can't take it anymore!! b:cry