Gear help

Options
Eolos - Raging Tide
Eolos - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Archer
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions and i would like to know whats your opinion on the subject,

1) What would u choose for a endgame helmet? nirvana or warsoul...

Warsoul everyone knows about it and the helm nirvana i'm talking about is this one:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25708

2) Is broadland a good choice once we reach 85? in my sever is currently been sold at 10 mil coins, i think its worth the price since its lvl12 and a good stats bow, but what about re-sell? is it an easy sell item or not at all? does any other weapon is as good and cheaper?

Thank you all for you help.
Post edited by Eolos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Thunderbow - Momaganon
    Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i would say no to Broadland Because if you wait 10 lvls more you can use Heavens Shatterer and that bow is much much better and that could be ur endgame bow and till lvl 95 you can use CrimsonHorn Soulsmasher the TT80 Gold bow and about the helm i have no idea yet myself what helm i should use
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The difference in the helms is really small tbh. The crit and health are almost the same at every refine level. I'd personally would get the warsoul and keep it until you can get the 2nd cast nirvana because it's not that amazing until then. Also the bonus in str would help you equip fist without gimping your dex too hard.

I think broadlands is a good bow that'll take you up to either 95 for Heavens Shatterer and it can be resold. I however went with the crimson horn: soulsmasher simply because I had a bunch of interval items from my bm (bloodmoon bracers, TM69 cape, R8 worth of rank) and a few coins to throw away.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Broad Land is great. While people might save skip it and save up for a HS, you could just save for R8 anyway (way better than Lunar unless you really want the purge). For 10mil the BL would practically be a steal.

Helm wise an Aqua Viciousness isn't bad until you can save up for a Warsoul. The 2nd stage Nirvana hat is for the most part worse than a Warsoul. While it does win out at rather high refines, it's easily 3-4 times the cost, and gives less HP at refines below +10. The only real advantage of the Nirvana helm is the Dex bonus, bit of extra def and more HP and +11 and above. Also the +5 attack level if you get the pants or some other piece of 2nd stage TT Nirvana.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    BL for 10 mil isn't bad, but I'd still say stick with green FC till 95 and then buy a neato HS for the purge. I suppose it really depends on what you do with your archer. You could buy the BL, use that till 100, and invest in r8. If you have the coins, use BL, then HS, then r8. We're not really sure of your budget or how much you are willing to spend.

As far as re-sell value is concerned, that depends on what is already on the bow when you buy it. I'd say you could probably sell it for what you paid for it, but I haven't played in ages and gold FC weapons are things I never priced much anyway.

If you want a comparison of DPS for various bows, there's a sticky that links to the relevant topic. That way you can adequately judge what the best DPS for the money you're willing to spend would be.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Thunderbow - Momaganon
    Thunderbow - Momaganon Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    what i did was TT80 Gold bow Till 95 then Heavens Shatterer since i am no cashsopper farm with Heavens Shatterer R8 adn then y question is r8 bow or HS is teh Damage Really thatgreat or just liek 500 more damage per hit?
  • Eolos - Raging Tide
    Eolos - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thanks for all the replys,

I'm trying to get r8 and i'm well on my way cause i already have 78k rep and i'm only lvl48, the reason i'm thinking of getting broadland is because i think its a good bow to have from lvl85 to 100, and since it can be resold, tt80 gold bow can have good stats but it binds once you use it so its kinda of a waste of coins or time farming/buying the mats in my opinion, and since lv95 bow is also expensive i was thinking of skiping that bow...

..is it a good idea or not realy?

one other thing is there like a min lvl when having fists or claws pays up? or should i wait untill 100 and then get fist/claws for nirvana?

Thank you all once more
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You can use Broadland all the way through 100.

Do not bother with Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher.

Lunar bow is nice, but not really worth it if you already have plans to get R8. Unless you PvP or something silly like that.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'd use one of the green x-bows until lvl 100 if you're getting 200k rep. X-bows have good spike damage. Cost effective. Shouldn't really spend extra coins on anything fancy until you are working on your endgame gear.

To be honest the whole fists thing is not worth it. Get an account stash stone. Work on another 200k rep for a sin. And then pew pew with your archer...
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    what i did was TT80 Gold bow Till 95 then Heavens Shatterer since i am no cashsopper farm with Heavens Shatterer R8 adn then y question is r8 bow or HS is teh Damage Really thatgreat or just liek 500 more damage per hit?

Besides getting the R8 top and Ring (which is better than most tops and rings) it has 4% crit instead of purge, and has at least 700 more WEAPON damage (averages around 20-40% more DPH depending on refine and shards). Heck, the Broad Land can easily give the HS a run for it's money if your thinking pure DPH (Much Higher spike damage at the cost of attack speed).

While the HS might be 1/2th-1/3rd the cost of R8, you get 4 good pieces of gear for said price.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why waste any money on anything before endgame? It didn't make sense even when endgame took 4 months.