PWI Holiday Traditions

2»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's getting close to December and usually it's a month of traditions, and PWI will, hopefully, be no exception.

Snowmen and the corresponding Christmas event, as well as the Valentine's event were broken by later content updates and have been removed. It's not likely that we'll ever see anything like that. Did they even do the Easter Egg event this year? I don't remember...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    all that content would work if PWCN would just give it to us. (and the PWE higher-ups would "allow" it to.)

The christmas even worked, in full last year, but was "not meant to" we had word that only the snowmen were supposed to be active, not the entire event. but the ENTIRE event worked fine till the GMs shut it down, and why would they do that?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i remember asstards KSing my one shot snowman! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Last year the christmas card event came unplanned, and the GMs later said it wasn't suppose to happen and removed it as mentioned before.

At best, we get snowmen, just snowmen, you know....icy balls of snow stacked to create a "man" made of snow.

b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Snowmen and the corresponding Christmas event, as well as the Valentine's event were broken by later content updates and have been removed. It's not likely that we'll ever see anything like that. Did they even do the Easter Egg event this year? I don't remember...

I remember the Valentine's Day event was a major flop, and I'm talking about the whole "cram as many players into a small field of 2-d roses as you can". I actually pulled up some old screen shots of that and I just remember all the lag that was involved. I, for one, am glad we don't have that anymore. As for the Easter event, I'm not sure because I was on hiatus at the time.

As for the snowmen, I just considered it a tradition because we had it every year. I know PWI has a nice habit of not holding certain events anymore, but this is one of the only events that's still around, despite all the changes bad and ugly made to the game. It would be nice to have the snowmen back, even for a day *shrug*

Also, with double drops still going on, it would be nice to get a lot of chi stones from the snowmen. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I remember the Valentine's Day event was a major flop, and I'm talking about the whole "cram as many players into a small field of 2-d roses as you can". I actually pulled up some old screen shots of that and I just remember all the lag that was involved. I, for one, am glad we don't have that anymore. As for the Easter event, I'm not sure because I was on hiatus at the time.
    i thought valentines was awesome. b:laugh

jewel is a joke now so they need to put (at least) harpy by the roses now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i thought valentines was awesome. b:laugh

jewel is a joke now so they need to put (at least) harpy by the roses now

lol i remember when ppl pulled jewelscalen to the roses area b:laugh

I still have a Valentine pigment as a gift :) from a friend .

About Snowmen ? Yes pls bring them back b:victory

i remember asstards KSing my one shot snowman! b:angry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1ZOFNBL68 b:laugh

About the cards event, you had to collect Xmas Cards. With 1-8 you could get a book, with 8-16 you could get another book type, and with 16-21 you could get another book.You could exchange a book at SANTA, a npc placed under Bountyhunter platform . I think one of the gifts from Santa for books was gold bars or something like that.A rare chance btw but i won gold bar item..and the gold bars was just to npc it for some cash . The 21th card was very rare and expensive to buy it from other players.Ppl were trading cards .. 1 for 3 or 7 for 4 .. I don;t remember all the rewards (random) from Santa for exchanging books or the books requirements.
    Cards were droped by snowmen in Archosaur , i dont remember if it was from mobs too.
    There was another "Yeti" event where you had to kill some giant yeti mobs outside of starter cities (Etherblade), high lvl but easy to kill, i don't remember what lvl required or which was the rewards for this event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Kinjareta - Archosaur
    Kinjareta - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I would kill to have the snowmen dropping the fireworks whihc we could sell for DQ points again >.< I'm always struggling for random pigments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shyndrana - Heavens Tear
    Shyndrana - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    They should bring back the fireworks that gave DQ points b:dirty
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The reason for the Christmas event of 2008 not being run since is a difference in events coded in. From what I gather talking to frankie last year, the full event doesn't work correctly anymore on the new server...

I could be wrong, but that's what I thought he was saying...

But a big +1 on the snowmen!b:victory

can't they just fix it somehow? D:
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    can't they just fix it somehow? D:
    there's nothing wrong with it
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    snowmen.... ahh that brings back memories lol
    i hope they do them again D=
  • RuneTree - Raging Tide
    RuneTree - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yes........ Bring back the snowmen I have Genies to feed and its the only revenge i get on this season called winter.
    ~Gamers don't have A life... they have several.~