Rank9 + 12 Tanking PKers

Dsholder - Dreamweaver
Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Barbarian
Here's a vid of a barb tanking a few rank 9 sins and some aps blademasters.

Tank Time

barbs make pretty good tanks and distractions, near the ending: notice how the archer was able to snipe the sins

This is what it's like to have a barbarian + 12 gears
[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
Post edited by Dsholder - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    That video doesn't even prove anything, when you have a video of a Barb tanking all of that without spam heals and purify then MAYBE it would be post-worthy. Figures someone like you would consider tanking people with spam heals meaningful.

I mean seriously.. obviously the Barb can tank people with heals, that's what they're meant for. Next time you decide to post a video to boost Barb morale make sure it's actually a good one. This and the OVS grinding one are pretty pointless.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yeah i gotta admit that was pretty sad.
    Wasnt expecting the spam heals. A barb with +12 gear should be able to tank that without full buffs and without a cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Yeah i gotta admit that was pretty sad.
    Wasnt expecting the spam heals. A barb with +12 gear should be able to tank that without full buffs and without a cleric

Show me the math behind that statement and I'll take your word.

• _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Math i cant do but im pretty sure if you used beastial rage, invoke, spark, sunder and surf impact that would clear most of them. Then if you really need to you could use ToP, solid shield, ad, apoth untill beastial rage goes out of cooldown and you can repeat the first combo again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lame b:sad
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    cmon havent you guys seen his other post its always bragging but so many flaws good he can uses turtle and solid shield any 59+ barb can do that ....
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2011

The problem with this vid, isn't only that you get healed. It's the low IQ from the ppl attacking you aswell. They allow you to use your skills, rage/invoke/whatever. You would think they would be able to keep you under perma-stun, but no.

With those attackers, same setup, even a 15k+ hp barb would be able to tank that.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    The problem with this vid, isn't only that you get healed. It's the low IQ from the ppl attacking you aswell. They allow you to use your skills, rage/invoke/whatever. You would think they would be able to keep you under perma-stun, but no.

With those attackers, same setup, even a 15k+ hp barb would be able to tank that.

The sins have + 12 rank 9 daggers. A 15k hp barb couldn't survive that, the hp poll is simply too small despite how much a cleric can heal; it's been tested. Even with around 30 defence levels at 19k a barb can die fast after the invokes and solid shields with BB. Also, the barbarian is sage. Sunder + Surf impact wouldn't kill most of the sins, some where up to 13k hp and they where getting healed also.

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    cmon havent you guys seen his other post its always bragging but so many flaws good he can uses turtle and solid shield any 59+ barb can do that ....

My sin can kill some lv. 100 barbs through turtle.

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The sins have + 12 rank 9 daggers. A 15k hp barb couldn't survive that, the hp poll is simply too small despite how much a cleric can heal; it's been tested. Even with around 30 defence levels at 19k a barb can die fast after the invokes and solid shields with BB. Also, the barbarian is sage. Sunder + Surf impact wouldn't kill most of the sins, some where up to 13k hp and they where getting healed also.
    [/COLOR]

he has +12 clerics spamming him non-stop. The video stops there.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    My sin can kill some lv. 100 barbs through turtle.

Killing fail barbs isn't something to brag about.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    How do you feel after spending 5 k on your barb and suck anyway???
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011

That first video is hilarious. Thanks b:chuckle
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wow i know some of the people in the video i guess i should have Hit Fc before they fixed it

nah i would not have anyway

LVLing is too fun

Good day to you all :-)
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2011

this dan bm... where is his purge pole?
    I wouldnt spam fists or axes until you were unbuffed :|

was his objective to just charm **** u...
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    he is a aps noob bm nothing new this game is full off themb:bye.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The two casters are full r9 with +12 weapons. He probably though they'd take me down fast without him purging me if he time HF with their spark or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    this dan bm... where is his purge pole?
    I wouldnt spam fists or axes until you were unbuffed :|

was his objective to just charm **** u...

First purge pole use is around 6:15 minutes, then again at 8:07, then purges at 9:35, dead barb at 9:37 lol. Surprised it tooke him that long but I bet he assumed +12 SDs would end the fight faster than a 15%? chance to purge. Second video, in group pk he does it in about 2.5 minutes of pk without purging.

And possible goal was charm ****. Sanctuary has pkers that camp west, all know each other, and pk gets old fast so making it entertaining/trying new things becomes more popular than just trying to kill.
    he is a aps noob bm nothing new this game is full off themb:bye.

Lol, welcome to PWI. TheDan is one of the oldest BMs in PWI. He is almost 100% free-to-play, has farmed billions in coin, and is leader of one of the most powerful factions in sanctuary. Posting keeps making you look bad.

Nice video, Roid. Second video has some awesome Leg+Regi vs Vindi pk. Pro demon aps barb pk ftw b:victory And people say aps barbs are squishy =0
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    he has +12 clerics spamming him non-stop. The video stops there.

Im sure you believe tanking is done without heals, ever since clerics have came out. Do cata barbs get no heals in TW too?

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011

Pretty good kiting against them, I like.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Im sure you believe tanking is done without heals, ever since clerics have came out. Do cata barbs get no heals in TW too?

The difference is, in TW you can target and kill the Clerics, while in the video the Clerics simply healed the barb from safe zone... which kinda means they can't die. In TW a good barb will stand up to pretty much anything you can throw at him short of a one shot, do you know how they kill the barbs? It tends to involve taking out the Clerics/Mystics healing them.

Don't try to compare two totally different situations when trying to validate yourself, because you still end up looking like a complete tool.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    The difference is, in TW you can target and kill the Clerics, while in the video the Clerics simply healed the barb from safe zone... which kinda means they can't die. In TW a good barb will stand up to pretty much anything you can throw at him short of a one shot, do you know how they kill the barbs? It tends to involve taking out the Clerics/Mystics healing them.

Don't try to compare two totally different situations when trying to validate yourself, because you still end up looking like a complete tool.

And in SP archers can 1 shot the sins getting healed while the barb TANKS. Tanks take the hits and distract mobs so others can kill.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011

And in SP archers can 1 shot the sins getting healed while the barb TANKS. Tanks take the hits and distract mobs so others can kill.

Obviously, that's what this thread is bragging about.. but you chose to use TW as a way of validating the barb tanking because barbs get heals in TW, but the difference is in a TW the Clerics can be targetted and killed, unlike in SP if they hide in the safe area. You can't compare the two because in one scenario the tank has infinite healing while in the other they don't.