pvp go to your own servers

Myth_mkb - Heavens Tear
Myth_mkb - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
why cant pvp'rs stick with pvp servers

this is the reason i quit my last game cause PVP= annoying although i have more graphic words for it
Post edited by Myth_mkb - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Better doing this in the PVP section, hell right now I'm wondering why you chose Cleric class of all places to put it XD

Edit: sry now I'm wondering wtf I was doing in the PVP section lmao, alcohol ftw
    PWI b:bye
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    On every PvP server once you reach lvl 30 you will be fored into PvP where as on PvE servers it is optional.The main reason so many people PvP on PvE servers is because they have a interest in PvP but dont want to come into a situation where your a low lvl questing away and out of the blue comes a lvl100+ player who pk's you. So if they join a PvE server they can choose when to pk and not always be on alert.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why do people on PvE servers care if people PvP on them? It's not like they are affected when they are blue named. SP FFA PK was removed, World Map PK doesn't need to be because it's optional. And I can answer for myself that I started my server with rl friends that did't like PvP, but I did. Not everyone on PvE servers started there because of personal choice.

The PK isn't that bad on PvP servers at low levels either. I have leveled an 8x BM on LC without being PKed a single time compared to actually being PKed twice on Sanc when I leveled my barb in PK mode.

LC top guilds usually have rules about RPK whereas PvE servers it's just FFA for anyone that's white named.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Some people do not like to pk or getting pked all the time. That's why they choose to play on a PVE server so that they can pk whenever they feel like it. No pvp = no mmorpg experience.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why do people on PvE servers care if people PvP on them? It's not like they are affected when they are blue named.QUOTE]

There are a lot of instance based events that are strictly pvp based, which means pve players lose out on a pve server because its aimed at pvp players (pretty much anybody with a sin, especially that ridiculously onesided underwater one). If there was no pvp at all on a pve server then these events could be an all class pve farming event, unlike now where its a case of step outside the instance safezone and get pwned by anybody with a credit card or a hell of a lot of time on their hands. Waste of game content on a pve server, a rather large proportion of the people who play perfect wolrd do not pvp at all.

So yes OP does have a point. If pvp was properly implemented by lvl groups on pvp servers this sort of thing wouldn't even exist.

As far as TW goes, yes it should only be a pvp server based feature. The pve servers atm stand as nothing other than a place cowards gather to kill poor people or grinders gather to 'safely' prepare for TW (which isn't even properly implemented either). 1 attack per week, if that constitutes serious pvp then I'm a monkeys aunty.

As far as no pvp = no mmorpg thats just rubbish, I see nowhere in the term mmorpg where it says players need to kill each other. There are mmorpg games out there that have no pvp element whatsoever. Mmorpg means nothing more than being what you want to be whilst playing with other people. Infact pvp is detrimental to an rpg as it dilutes the role playing part, effectively forcing people to play a certain way or class, which is why most current online games are nothing more than pvp grind fests. People aim to be powerful vs other players instead of skillful or knowledgable, they try to negate as much of the game as possible to be effective in pvp as fast as possible (hypernoobing to endgame).
    PWI b:bye
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Shaddap Op!
  • Cdabeast - Heavens Tear
    Cdabeast - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Remove PvP and watch just how many people rush out of this game at the same time. b:victory

Way too important to just remove for one or two whining players. It gives a sense of competition. I mean, does anyone really think that a "farming race" or a "monster killing spree" will hold interest for all that long? If I needed to kill an AI all day and brag about it, I'd play a regular RPG.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    if u kill pvp then u kill the game. maybe someone's butthurt for thinking white name is cool lol, especially on a pve server. b:chuckle
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i do not see it as a bad thing really.

player made a choice to enter a said server with the name pve or pvp.

one expect pvp on a pvp server can one say the same thing in a pve server.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    why cant pvp'rs stick with pvp servers

this is the reason i quit my last game cause PVP= annoying although i have more graphic words for it

Doesn't PvE servers have a PvP off/on switch where you can opt to not participate in PvP?
    The PK isn't that bad on PvP servers at low levels either. I have leveled an 8x BM on LC without being PKed a single time compared to actually being PKed twice on Sanc when I leveled my barb in PK mode.

My Cleric is now 100 and she was pked once - by accident on a PvP Server (caught in someones Aoe when she was buffing someone else). But my cleric goes around buffing, healing (anyone-everyone), does not trash talk, stays out of people's way and basically I guess I've been fairly lucky.

Most of the PvP on our server is in PvP zones (Silver Pool, Hidden Orchard, West) and sure you have the campers outside of FC/TT Entrance. Then you have PKers that buzz around the Oracle spots, Swamp and known grinding zones for DQ. I avoid these and since most of the maps area empty, you really can get some fairly decent grinding done.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Why do people on PvE servers care if people PvP on them? It's not like they are affected when they are blue named. SP FFA PK was removed, World Map PK doesn't need to be because it's optional. And I can answer for myself that I started my server with rl friends that did't like PvP, but I did. Not everyone on PvE servers started there because of personal choice.

LC top guilds usually have rules about RPK whereas PvE servers it's just FFA for anyone that's white named.

My bm out level'd yours mr.lazy x/x
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase