opinion on PWI these days

naturaleffects
naturaleffects Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Im wanting to make a comeback from about a 2 year hibernation, key word - want. After cruising the forums for about 10 min ive noticed that about 70% of threads are all negative towards the game. Should i even bother to come back or is there still fun in the factions and even certain pugs, events, endgame, etc? trolls - you can kiss my ***, dont really care what you have to say, just looking for a few vets and their opinions on what the game has become.
Post edited by naturaleffects on

Comments

• gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Just play the game and c if u like it. There is no need to read 2nd hand emotions.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    the gaming community is **** because of all the high level noobs focused on e-peen more than actually learning how to play.

All the bugs are still here, we just have more new content with more new bugs that aren't getting fixed.

There's a few good factions out there, but they are hard to find and can be fleeting.
    Endgame contest is non existent unless you have super uber gear and like ganking people in PvP.

I've been playing for 3 years now and the game has declined horribly. It's not the ability to level super fast that killing it, it's the quality of games playing the game now. Once they made it so you can buy your levels and gear for e-peen everything went downhill. Their utter lack of ability to fix any of the original bugs, (or many introduced since), hampers it even more.

P.S. I am not a troll, this is a serious opinion. The only reason I still play is because of my friends online, and because it would be a real waste of the money I did spend on the game to this point. If it weren't for that, I'd be gone.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I have fun playing the game. The problem is that everyone is so worked up over the difference between decently geared people and the average joe. However I simply believe it's an excuse for being lazy. Of course I can't say this game isn't slowly killing itself. Over the past 2 years leveling and gearing ourselves has become a lot easier. Most of the old end game items can now be obtained through packs so we hardly ever do those summer projects of working on making a cube necklace or warsong belt, now it's a summer project of grinding coin for big items. Recently it's been just BH100 for a chance at something nice, Nirvana for money and gears, or Frost Covered City for some power leveling.
  • iamminitroll
    iamminitroll Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    me too.. me started played this game 2 momnths ago and i got to level 50. but i wouldn't do that again simply cause the game is dead. it used to be good 2 months ago but not now b:sad
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im wanting to make a comeback from about a 2 year hibernation, key word - want. After cruising the forums for about 10 min ive noticed that about 70% of threads are all negative towards the game.

You have to understand the amount of peer pressure on the PvP servers.

Be a level 30, and doing your culti. You get totally slammed over and over till you FC/Power Level to say 90.

- During this time, you spend most of your time trying to lvl, or paying for FC heads, that most of your game time is trying to find squads.

- Questing and farming is out of the picture, because you NEED to level. So where are you getting the funds? Well, Cash Shopping of course.

- So you do get to 90, then find you can't get into squads TO farm better because you need not just good gear but AMAZING gear - or most turn up their noses at you. Again, Cash Shopping.

- Till now, Cash Shopping to Level > to get Equips > to get Rares > is what is driving you hard to Cash Shop. And you continually plan your end game gear, painfully pinch pennies to get it done.

- Except, just when you get there the bar is raised. Refine sale that got snagged back hard, R8 price got lowered, now R8 upgrades. There seems to be a no-win to this.

Here is the thing - don't listen, don't let the people that belittle you, put you down, insult you and your gear - get to you. Farm, and quest and have fun - find groups and guilds that do same. The ones that want to take their time getting to end game.

Avoid PK zones if possible, and if someone Pks you, simply ignore. If they come back and continue, log out for a bit and consider how totally void their life must be to camp a low level.

If you see people that have rares, and cool stuff, don't get angry - just think about how it's cool they got something they want, but consider how useless alot of it is and help this to reinforce how you spend your coin and farm.

Reward yourself now and then, but make it matter. People set bars, and many follow these and it appears that EVERYONE that is ANYONE does what they do. It's not so. Be true to who you are, have fun in the game, find people that feel the same as you. Don't fall for the peer pressure -- and just have fun.

Most people complain because they do feel helpless to the buy-buy-buy mentality, but each of us knows we go through this over the holidays and what do we do? We make peace with the fact that even though we'd LIKE to buy-buy-buy, we just cannot. We accept that and ... breath.... then be happy for just giving someone something we crafted or still put alot of caring into getting... and we hang around people that share our same focus and beliefs.

True the game has issues with bugs and such but that is par for MMOrpgs. I think they do a good job but as all games the Marketing and Merchandizing is high. Does not mean you need to buy to succeed.

You know in the end - Time is the great equalizer.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's nice to think you can play the game for what it was 3 years ago, but that's not really true anymore. :/ There's very few lowbies in the starter cities/broken bow anymore that you are basically gonna be questing by yourself. When time comes for fbs, you get to WC for your squad, and when it comes time for bosses, you gotta WC again.
    My advice, find a VERY helpful guild. Not only do you need help, but you should be willing to give help too, whether it be questing with a person your level or helping someone with a rather difficult mob quest, until you're able to solo some low bosses for newbies. Other than that... have fun being lonely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I still find it fun and recently on my psychic i've noticed more lowbies. I even met a genuinely new player the other day that was so excited to see our gear, that me and this sin gave him free stuff and told him how to get fashion. The sin even gave him a free level 1 tome for his cleric. He took screenshots with us and everything. It was so cute and fun. :) I like helping lowbies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It's nice to think you can play the game for what it was 3 years ago, but that's not really true anymore. :/ There's very few lowbies in the starter cities/broken bow anymore that you are basically gonna be questing by yourself. When time comes for fbs, you get to WC for your squad, and when it comes time for bosses, you gotta WC again.

My advice, find a VERY helpful guild. Not only do you need help, but you should be willing to give help too, whether it be questing with a person your level or helping someone with a rather difficult mob quest, until you're able to solo some low bosses for newbies. Other than that... have fun being lonely.

This is all true...

I do quest my tiny ones and do not use my higher alts to help them. Most times, I can get help w/o begging for it, and the interesting thing is, most of the ones that do help my small ones tend to be bored high lvls looking for something to do - and they are very kind.
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im wanting to make a comeback from about a 2 year hibernation, key word - want. After cruising the forums for about 10 min ive noticed that about 70% of threads are all negative towards the game. Should i even bother to come back or is there still fun in the factions and even certain pugs, events, endgame, etc? trolls - you can kiss my ***, dont really care what you have to say, just looking for a few vets and their opinions on what the game has become.

If you want to come back, come back. The game is still fun in my opinion. Yes I have been playing since CB [not that my avatar shows it] and yes the game has declined since the tideborn were released, too many people just play sins and slash away at a boss/mob and don't really know how to play the game like the good old days, too many power level their characters and again have no idea how to play them, too many people think they are correct in situations when they are clearly wrong.

If you can over look all that then yeah come back, find a nice helpful faction and have a good time :D

And I can't stress enough please learn what ever class you play! It does feel nice when you get whispers or just general talk in party chat talking about how pro you are at the class, I know that for a fact since I get it on my Mystic all the time and even got it on my seeker in my first FF on her.
  • CJ7 - Sanctuary
    CJ7 - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Was gone about two years and have been back for two weeks now. It's like a whole new game now and I'm enjoying it, tons more to do so I recommend checking it out.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    gyroki wrote: »
    Just play the game and c if u like it. There is no need to read 2nd hand emotions.
    i think this sums it well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    the gaming community is **** because of all the high level noobs focused on e-peen more than actually learning how to play.

All the bugs are still here, we just have more new content with more new bugs that aren't getting fixed.

There's a few good factions out there, but they are hard to find and can be fleeting.
    Endgame contest is non existent unless you have super uber gear and like ganking people in PvP.

I've been playing for 3 years now and the game has declined horribly. It's not the ability to level super fast that killing it, it's the quality of games playing the game now. Once they made it so you can buy your levels and gear for e-peen everything went downhill. Their utter lack of ability to fix any of the original bugs, (or many introduced since), hampers it even more.

P.S. I am not a troll, this is a serious opinion. The only reason I still play is because of my friends online, and because it would be a real waste of the money I did spend on the game to this point. If it weren't for that, I'd be gone.

+1 except I don't really play anymore.

However, since PWE has taken on the burden of actually trying to increase the lifespan of the game, it's worth paying attention to what may actually happen in 2012. There is the slightest sliver of hope they can pull things back together, but I won't hold my breath.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • naturaleffects
    naturaleffects Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    thanks alot everyone for your input....lots of valid points that i didnt consider especially from Aizza, i really appreciate your thoughts :)
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I for one am having real fun in this game. Yes, I am a Cser, but I have set limits on how far I will CS, and I stay within them. Granted, it will be a long time before I get to r8 (or r9 *drools*) but I shall enjoy the journey there.

To any and all newcomers to the game, I welcome you, on behalf of the Untamed Nation lol

One good thing I have seen done is PWI making pk in Secret Passage no longer able. A lot of low level quests take place there, and I remember many times trying to go in, and it would be the same /a/holes one shotting me over and over again. (one of them even decided to teleport to the Temple to have "fun" taunting all the low level people she killed.)

I wonder how many lower level players just up and quit because of that issue?

Well, I do admit that the game does have its issues, but name an MMO out there that doesn't. All in all, I still enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of whether the game has changed for the better, have they improved RB Delta much? I quit almost a year ago when Sage BM suddenly became awful due to the cash shop and aps. Doing full Deltas for Culti to switch to Demon was simply months of headache. Kinda regret missing that exp glitch and not netting another BM.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Keep in mind that the forums contain the opinions of only a small handful of players, and a good amount of them have been inactive for quite some time.

Personally, I think the game is still worth playing, but as others have said, it is up to you to try the game yourself and see if it still suits you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Katozuma - Raging Tide
    Katozuma - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Almost like you I was on a hibernation but it was one year and not two.
    I came back was quite surprise.

-Rank armor was more common(thx to rep badges and etc)
    -Selling of FC run/heads
    -Price Fc gold & Lunar has drop vastly. Used to find fc gold about 50mil while Lunar use to be about 70mil
    -Some low level events
    -Some more high level events
    -Faction Bases
    -Event boutique

Faction still seem to be the same. Before I left , Vertu was just in the earlier process and Vicious didn't even existed. Looking at both factions now, I have to say they have came a long way.

Sadly I notice more and more people are willing to power-level and not learn a thing about their classes, which is somewhat sad and end up resulting in fail squads. I do admit I gave into the whole power-level concept was able to hit 90 within a few weeks. But I actually came on forum to research what my class was all about numerous times. One night I started at the lasted page and read every topic in the Seeker's section.

I finally quit after reaching 95 this week, gave all my stuff away. It was starting to feel like same old process I went through with Katozuma and didn't like it one bit. Deleted all my accounts this time and uninstall. Whats funny someone claimed they knew me and asked me for my account.....did I give it to them?.......maybe.....kidding I didnt give it to them.

If you do comeback be ready to be hit with a lot of changes especially seeing as you left a year before me. It will not be the same world you left two years ago. If you're going to a PvP server be ready to farm hard or P2W just to survive. If you're going to a PvE server there probably will be less stress than going to a PvP server.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Game is worth playing, not paying.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you care at all about the competitive side of the game you are wasting your time. If you want to play the game pve style, I wouldn't recommend it but it's doable.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Go on a Forum of any random Mmorpg and you will read the very same QQ.

You can't judge a Game by its Forum Content because this is a place where Trolls, Jerks and frustrated bitter vets are moaning about good old times (including myself here).

The only way to try it out is to download the client and play it. If you have to start from the scratch again pwi is incredibly hard because nobody is here to help you with quests or boss kills.

If you can get past that .... well check it out by yourself b:laugh
    I hate Room 38