Striking Dragon or Regicide in PvP

stealthxbomber
stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Blademaster
Currently I have +7 2 sock Deicides and a few raps saved up, so before I choose too quickly, I'd like to know what would be better from a PvP standpoint, Striking Dragon or Regicide. Let's assume both are +10 and 2 sock garnet gem'd and take money out of the equation because it isnt that much of a problem other than refining beyond +10. Does soul infect/vit outdo the extra crit/dmg? Are Striking Dragons something I'll want to be keeping as endgame? Overall opinion on both is appreciated. b:thanks
Post edited by stealthxbomber on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Honestly, I'd say regicide, the damage at +10 is pretty much exactly the same except strike dragons just have +4% more crit. If you're going to bind them then it's up to you but in my opinion I'd get regicide because I can trade it for 2x -.05 when I can find/afford them. b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Regicides. Heck, Deicides.

I'd put +10 Regicides and +10 SD's on equal ground in PvE. Even though the base damage of Regicides is higher the 4% crit and the +max damage give SDs about a 1% dps advantage in spark spam. However you, can't quantify Soul Infect when 10% of a bosses hp can disappear in an instant, or 17 vitality when you already have plenty of hp and pdef to tank so overall they'd be about equal.

But in PvP its a different story; Crits are invaluable in pk so the 4% crit is nice, but the Regicides have a better unsparked damage output. You rarely spark so the + max attack won't play as much as a factor in damage output because its not being multiplied by a 500% spark. The 17 vitality becomes important for defensive purposes providing both hp and more defense multipliers. The soul infect proc is a long lasting debuff that can be view as a 11% amp because once its on you are attacking 90% of their hp and each hit respresents 11% more of their current hp. This is important when trying to jump a charm, because 45% is easier to bypass than 50% and its like a charm tick only heals them to 90%.

Also, if you go further past +10, Regicides refine better. If you go G15, Regicides only require 150 raps instead of 230.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Im not sure if this is anything like your gear but dont worry to much its just general so you can compare the two weapons
    Regicide http://pwcalc.com/41e63edbe043fa2d
    and
    Striking Dragon http://pwcalc.com/428f074d3b768ddf
    regicide has 6147-6961 and striking dragon has 6152-6989 this is +10 with two garnet gems on each weapon if you +12 them the attack is ,for regicide, 7246-8240 and ,for striking dragon, 7250-8088 all of these are with demon fist mastery and the same rings. When refined to +10 striking dragon gives a very small amount of extra physical attack but when refined to +12 regicide takes the lead in the damage area. You also have to consider for pvp vit is far more beneficial than crit and soul infect is invaluable when fighting really tough opponents.
    Like Sakubatou said its also costs less raps to g15 regicide compared to striking dragon
    My last argument for regicide over striking dragon. Regicide looks so god dam good looking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    TT100 is the way to go, on paper you naturally assume regicide are better, but I will never regret going from +10 deicide to Striking dragon.

Look at it like this, for archer's / sins, critting is a big deal because they have a high crit chance, and every extra point makes an impact. Whereas with BM's crits are commonly overlooked due to the fact we naturally have less crit.

But take a skill such as diamond sutra (no reason not to use in PvP) my 26% crit becomes 36%, similar to many Archers/Sins. Don't have a narrow mind (not saying you do) but TT100 has it's pros over G13 nirvana, such as

1) No exp reduction in FF from soul infecting boss (I have no idea how much the exp reduction is so this might not even be a pro)
    2) Your weapon doesn't enter nirvana with a useless addon.

Thirdly, even though you want to have a PvP weapon, if you're going to spend a fortune on a weapon, keep PvE in mind.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I regret not sticking to my original 2 socket Deicide claws at +10 and bringing em up to +12 Regicides. Sure on paper at +10 they have about the same damage range, but +12 is what counts end-game.

For PvP I would take G13 2 socket Regicides over my TT100s any day. TT100 is what it is... a second rate PvE weapon.

Forget about your personal damage, and think about your overall squad damage in PvP. The 10% HP debuff is gonna help a lot more for your caster/range DD in squad on beefed up +12 R9 enemy than another on average 4 crits after a cycle of 100 hits.

TT100s refine for less than any of the other weapons at +12 and are out-shined by G15 claws in PvE by far.

I personally have 2 sets of fists, TT100 +11 and G15 +12, but if you don't have money to waste and want to be ideal to stick with 1 weapon, I would still take the G13 Regicides because at +12 they quite the noticeable better damage range and better refine rate than TT100s.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No fists/claws are worth to +12 anymore. My TT100 are +10 and will remain that way. PvE wise, you might as well just roll a Sin for more damage. PvP wise, fists are no longer end game. The ones you can kill with fists, you can 2-3 shot with R9 axes. The R9s with full jades, you are going to need your 60 extra attack levels and GoF to kill. Even if you can put out enough damage to kill them with fists, interval gears leave you vulnerable against R9s. I've tried tanking with full R9 -> stun -> switch 234373 pieces of armor->punch, but it takes too long to switch.

The only time fists are useful in PvP now are for mid-endgame ranged HA. The ones that you just can't quite kill with axes but come close (you aren't going to be able to kill fully endgame HA with +12 fists unless they are completely ****).
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Fists are viable for 1v1s that are expected to be a long fight, especially HA because you need to maintain chi. Usually against those that have insane gear or survivability requires a triple spark spark stun lock with fists to kill unfortunately.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It is tough to compare TT100/G15 with rank 9. Only G16 weapons are on the equal footing. At the current state there is no endgame for fist BM because rank 9 claw does not exist yet.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It is tough to compare TT100/G15 with rank 9. Only G16 weapons are on the equal footing. At the current state there is no endgame for fist BM because rank 9 claw does not exist yet.

Fists of the King: Eon b:avoid
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2011
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2011

WHERE THE **** ARE MY OTHER WEAPONS PWI HUH? HUH? HUH? b:angry
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure if this is anything like your gear but dont worry to much its just general so you can compare the two weapons
    Regicide http://pwcalc.com/41e63edbe043fa2d
    and
    Striking Dragon http://pwcalc.com/428f074d3b768ddf
    regicide has 6147-6961 and striking dragon has 6152-6989 this is +10 with two garnet gems on each weapon if you +12 them the attack is ,for regicide, 7246-8240 and ,for striking dragon, 7250-8088 all of these are with demon fist mastery and the same rings. When refined to +10 striking dragon gives a very small amount of extra physical attack but when refined to +12 regicide takes the lead in the damage area. You also have to consider for pvp vit is far more beneficial than crit and soul infect is invaluable when fighting really tough opponents.
    Like Sakubatou said its also costs less raps to g15 regicide compared to striking dragon
    My last argument for regicide over striking dragon. Regicide looks so god dam good looking

Ur calcul are false since my +11 tt100 fists have more damage 7.4k/8.2k. And they have more damage than regicide with 4% crit /+130 phys att and 2 sockets guaranteed. And way cheaper to get them. Best choice to farm/pk
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Your 7.4k only happens with barb buff? or is that unbuffed damage? I did the least amount of points in dex, while maxing str and couldn't reach 7.4 without barb buff, unless you post your build.

Regicide = 100 raps = 100m~150m
    Striking dragon = 150m+soul relic (1m~5m)

I don't know which is cheaper but both are equally expensive b:pleased
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    jabbl1 wrote: »
    Your 7.4k only happens with barb buff? or is that unbuffed damage? I did the least amount of points in dex, while maxing str and couldn't reach 7.4 without barb buff, unless you post your build.

Regicide = 100 raps = 100m~150m
    Striking dragon = 150m+soul relic (1m~5m)

I don't know which is cheaper but both are equally expensive b:pleased

Of course that's unbuffed lol my build 403 str/ 200 dex / no add points on vit/magic.
    And i've imbued 2 garnet gems.
    With barb buffs i have around 9k attack

U forget on regicide's claws to add 40m deicides so it's around 160m raps + 40m claws =200m minimum.
    U can use this xtra 40m for refine or buy gems.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Of course that's unbuffed lol my build 403 str/ 200 dex / no add points on vit/magic.
    And i've imbued 2 garnet gems.
    With barb buffs i have around 9k attack

U forget on regicide's claws to add 40m deicides so it's around 160m raps + 40m claws =200m minimum.
    U can use this xtra 40m for refine or buy gems.

Ah, so the difference is that your ingame build has 64 more strength than his pwcalc build, yet you're comparing them like they were equal. You can't compare two different builds and say that SDs have better damage because you have 403 strength vs the build he's showing with 339 strength, lol.

Since Regicides has a higher base damage at higher refines (+10 and up) strength actually favors Regicides because of the greater base damage multipliers and makes the damage difference even more in favor of Regicides. Regicides start out DDing Striking Dragons at +9.

And you are right that Regicides could cost around 180 mil and SDs would only cost about 154 mil, but if you plan on G15ing and getting to endgame claws the SDs require 80 raptures more, making them more expensive in the long run. And it doesn't make much of a difference since you can sell Deicides to pay for SD's, but you'll prolly have to buy them to farm your SDs anyways then sell them so its a cost attributed to both claws.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Ur calcul are false since my +11 tt100 fists have more damage 7.4k/8.2k. And they have more damage than regicide with 4% crit /+130 phys att and 2 sockets guaranteed. And way cheaper to get them. Best choice to farm/pk

How can my calc be false.
    Anyway i stated it was just general so the OP could compare both weapons.
    Post a link showing your gear, check your attack, switch your striking dragons with equally refined and sharded regicides and post that link so we can see how you have more attack with striking dragon over regicide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011

The duel weapons are so big they go thru each each other. Psh
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Ah, so the difference is that your ingame build has 64 more strength than his pwcalc build, yet you're comparing them like they were equal. You can't compare two different builds and say that SDs have better damage because you have 403 strength vs the build he's showing with 339 strength, lol.

Since Regicides has a higher base damage at higher refines (+10 and up) strength actually favors Regicides because of the greater base damage multipliers and makes the damage difference even more in favor of Regicides. Regicides start out DDing Striking Dragons at +9.

And you are right that Regicides could cost around 180 mil and SDs would only cost about 154 mil, but if you plan on G15ing and getting to endgame claws the SDs require 80 raptures more, making them more expensive in the long run. And it doesn't make much of a difference since you can sell Deicides to pay for SD's, but you'll prolly have to buy them to farm your SDs anyways then sell them so its a cost attributed to both claws.

Lol i never be out dd by any regicide claws im 31% crit bm with maxed str so if u think they are better u really think wrong. And u forget to add +142 maxed attack...and 2socks guaranteed.
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    How can my calc be false.
    Anyway i stated it was just general so the OP could compare both weapons.
    Post a link showing your gear, check your attack, switch your striking dragons with equally refined and sharded regicides and post that link so we can see how you have more attack with striking dragon over regicide.

Pwcalcul it's false since i tried to checked attack with my build gear and i didn't found same stats. b:chuckle
    And in my mind tt100 will stay better than g13 regicide by far since i love the adds of my striking
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why people arguing against it.

Regicide>Striking dragons
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Pwcalcul it's false since i tried to checked attack with my build gear and i didn't found same stats. b:chuckle
    And in my mind tt100 will stay better than g13 regicide by far since i love the adds of my striking

Or in your mind your hurt because you got striking dragon before regicides came out and cant come to realise they are the better weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Lol nope it's just don't work to waste much more coins for weapon with bad adds and 1socket. So don't QQ b:chuckle and use ur brain before said something b:bye and everyone made there own choice. Some ppl prefer look and don't care on adds ;)
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Lol nope it's just don't work to waste much more coins for weapon with bad adds and 1socket. So don't QQ b:chuckle and use ur brain before said something b:bye and everyone made there own choice. Some ppl prefer look and don't care on adds ;)

Okay sure Dinya
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I said we could leave cost out of it, its either 2 sock Regicides or 2 sock SD's. Ty for everyones input btw. b:thanks