Level=coins earned

Options
bloshking28
bloshking28 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hey everyone. Im alittle new to PW but im saving up coins to buy a horse :). I know what your going to say.. Why not just buy gold. But i am young and dont have a credit card and my parents wont by me anything related to online games. So im saving up coins for a horse or atleast some Type of ridable creature, and so far its been taking awile. Im only lvl 7 almost lvl 8 and havnt even made 2000 coins yet. A horse is like 260 000 000 :(. So anyway my main question is at level 20 and up how much coins will i make just by killing monsters. And is there a way for me to make coins faster than grinding besides actuly paying money. Thanks so much for your help :D btw( i make about 20-30 coins per monster right now)
Post edited by bloshking28 on

Comments

• Voidbreaker - Lost City
    Voidbreaker - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    no. if your looking to make 260 mil before level 101 without a 5aps sin or bm without charging cash, your insane. if your honestly going to try and farm 260 mil by grinding, gl my friend, it will take months upon months of 24/h a day grinding
    You can't kill me, I was born dead.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    At your level, questing. You'll make more money doing quests than anything else in the game. Best ting you can do once you hit 20 is do a mixture of questing and picking up drops and selling them. Don't sell crafting materials to an NPC, sell them to players

However, know this...the horses are not worth it...Why? Well, I don't know about your server (Archosaur) but I know that on my server you can get a Hell Hound, Blazing Tempest, Nien Beast, Scarlet Ninetails, and probably more for around 5,000,000 to 7,000,000 coins. But one more thing..In levels like yours, getting that much money is not easy...it would take a long long long time, so the best I can say is join a helpful faction, have them help you level up, and start grinding for coins at a higher level. Around 50 or so you can make 100,000 in a half an hour as a Blademaster...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well, you get more coins per mob as you level up

selling the occational Dragon Quest items to NPCs is the actual coin grinding
    they too, increase value as you lvl up

on my first chars i didnt have riding mounts at all... well since you can fly after lvl30 anyways lol

so the best solution might be continue questing (they give xp and a little coin)
    and lvlup

and run lol

edit: deem u ninjas
    i like potato
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    um excuse me a second but wth? the NEW flyers from packs dont' even cost 260 mil, what the hell u looking at?

And since you can't charge a dime..... stick with the free flyer you get at lvl 30 from the quest till u can afford a 3.0 later on. And u can get a mount with the fastest speed for like 3-4 mil now..... one of the common ones anyway but still there's alot of cheap ones to choose from.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    um excuse me a second but wth? the NEW flyers from packs dont' even cost 260 mil, what the hell u looking at?

And since you can't charge a dime..... stick with the free flyer you get at lvl 30 from the quest till u can afford a 3.0 later on. And u can get a mount with the fastest speed for like 3-4 mil now..... one of the common ones anyway but still there's alot of cheap ones to choose from.

Yep, but you'll spend 700mil earning the flyer because of the chances it gives you b:shutup
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • bloshking28
    bloshking28 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sorry i typed wrong. The mount i saw was actuly 2 600 000 but i never knew about the whole flying thing! That sounds great cuz pretty much i just want a faster way of travel. Thanks for the replys btw :)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Low levels - Grind to make money. Sell DQ (Dragon Quest) Items to NPCs like blacksmith for a nice amount of money.

When you get to higher levels, you'll have a lot of money - Try merchanting when you become experienced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if you sell dragon quest items to any sellable NPC u can obtain points out of game

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards

one of your quests will also give you a free flying mount. The quest is from the elder of archosaur (forgot which level it was tho)

the game is pretty much the same since when u started

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if you sell dragon quest items to any sellable NPC u can obtain points out of game

one of your quests will also give you a free flying mount. The quest is from the elder of archosaur (forgot which level it was tho)

the game is pretty much the same since when u started

Elves can fly from level 1*, but at level 30, all classes get the opportunity to get an aerogear of some sort with which to fly.b:victory

*The biggest issue with archers flying is the lack of mana regeneration, since the first Elven wings require mana to work. This can be fixed by getting the wings at 30, buying boutique wings from other players/the boutique, or by getting a piece or two of mana regen gear to use while flying.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think he meant the horse is 2.6M not 2.6B.

Anyway once you get free flying ability your desire for a mount will diminish.

One thing you can do to make money is sell the crafting mats you get from drops. When you kill a mob much lower than you the computer alters the drops and you hardly get anything. So if a high level wants something like Grease to level up his crafting ability he usually it from a lowbie through the auction or with a catshop as middle man.

Grinding mobs your same level gives you the most drops. You can sometimes sell low level Dragon Quest items in the auction or to a catshop.

If you don't want fashion or mounts or flyers you can easily pay your own way through grinding. But if your heart is set on a mount then save up the money or get 50,000 DQ points and get one that way. At your level that would prolly mean NPCing 5K DQ items. Knock yourself out.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    NEVER by a horse from the pet manager..why? because u can get those from a previous dummy who did and they will let them go at 1-1.5 mill just to get rid of it.b:laughi remember my first mount the panther i saved up 800k(back in 2008 when gold was 100k each)and got my panther.Though i have had plenty of beefed up petmanager horses i have only bought one from a previous owner.

If you dont or cant buy gold,then make the farm/pick axe your best weapon by farming mats and herbs and selling to highest catshops for coin or afk catshop for a lil more coin...if this is your first time here you gonna have to adapt fast to the pwi enviroment due to hefty HEFTY coin reliability.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    ....once you get free flying ability your desire for a mount will diminish.

Very true. I do love horses, but - being able to fly is soooo much cooler and you can get over/around mountains faster.
    If you dont or cant buy gold,then make the farm/pick axe your best weapon by farming mats and herbs and selling to highest catshops for coin or afk catshop for a lil more coin.

I do this too on my alts, and I resell them to people buying (vice vending myself).
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ....At lvl 5 my character had literally over 30k in coins....how the hell at lvl 7 do you not have 2k??

Tips:

- DO ALL QUESTS

- NPC EVERYTHING BUT GEAR (gear drops saves you coin on having to buy NPC gear)

- IF YOU GET A 2* OR BETTER, PUT IT IN THE AUCTION HOUSE AND TRY TO SELL IT. (3*'s normally get 100k just because people use them as place holders for alts until they can get the cash for something better)

- MERCHANT (DQ Drops, upon reaching lvl 20 and going to Arch (basically the most populated city), you can sell them in a catshop (Press E, in the middle of that menu there is two bag icons, click the second one in on it's row and that will set-up a catshop) and get better than NPC price for them.)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There is also a free mount you can grind out in the dq points system, there is a yellow horse that you can buy with dragon points directly OR you can get a demon/sage event card and use event gold to get a flyer/mount. Personally, you're probably better off with option two but if you really want that golden steed it's an option. I personally think it's ugly, but whatever. Whenever you quest, sell the dragon quest items you get to an npc. The points start racking up as soon you hit level 30 and start getting level 30 dq items. You can check how many points you have and all of the prizes available here:

You can get both a flyer and a mount if you're willing to put in the elbow grease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i would suggest holding on till you get your 'flying pancake" (as my family calls the Untamed airmount, which looks like a tiedyed manta). you will most likely find that you will use an air mount more than a ground mount, because while you are on the ground, mobs can still hit you and knock you off...and while you are trying to get back on, they keep hitting you, preventing you from remounting. so you have to kill the mobs if you want to get back on your horse/etc. its much easier to get back on your air mount, and fly over them (though there are air mobs who can hit you too, but they dont knock you out of the sky.

i've had both kinds of mounts since i started in the game, and in all this time, i have found that the airmount is what i find most useful. the ground mount (an orange tiger for this character) is what i ride if i have to be on the ground, but i started out with the black or onyx panther originally.

so i would suggest saving up for the Spotted Skymanta- the next step up from the free Wave Pacer, and try to get it off the Auction House, where people would be unloading them for better air gear.. its a good one, though not as fast as others. but when you are having to hunt air mobs, its great...not too fast, just a good platform to fight from, but faster than the Pacer. and you can speed it up, if you want, with things called 'widgets', at a big pot or 'forge', in Thousand Streams. there are many aerogear listed there that can be sped up with the use of widgets.

you say your parents wont let you buy/or buy for you, things for a game. i can understand that, i have 4 kids of my own, 3 of which play here or other PW games. and when they want something off the gold shop, we tell them they can have it if they earn it- doing extra chores that would essentially be earning them the money to buy it, and they could then buy it with their credit card, or take you to a store where you can buy one of the PWE money cards, that are preloaded with $10. its simple to put the money in your character's account, and off you go shopping!

have fun!.

well, you get more coins per mob as you level up

selling the occational Dragon Quest items to NPCs is the actual coin grinding
    they too, increase value as you lvl up

on my first chars i didnt have riding mounts at all... well since you can fly after lvl30 anyways lol

so the best solution might be continue questing (they give xp and a little coin)
    and lvlup

and run lol

edit: deem u ninjas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if you're going to point out that u can upgrade aerogear with widgets, might want to point out that it's cheaper just to buy a 3.0 flyer now then to upgrade a slower one TO 3.0.....

Didn't use to be the case when 3.0's were 40 bucks, but they're alot cheaper now.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Elves can fly from level 1*, but at level 30, all classes get the opportunity to get an aerogear of some sort with which to fly.b:victory

*The biggest issue with archers flying is the lack of mana regeneration, since the first Elven wings require mana to work. This can be fixed by getting the wings at 30, buying boutique wings from other players/the boutique, or by getting a piece or two of mana regen gear to use while flying.
    yar but archer wings take mp cause their stats dont require magic and it doesnt replenish as fast ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hellfire Drake FTW.

I know its slightly off topic but it's the best looking for a Barb/Veno

unless you want a flying manta ray ( that should be TB) or a bug
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )