_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you just want to pve 8k~ will be alright.

If you have pvp intentions 10k+ at least.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you just want to pve 8k~ will be alright.

If you have pvp intentions 10k+ at least.

For real in my mind that is kinda lowb:surrender
    thanks for the advice :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Mg: That is because your are a barb, as a barb you have self HP buff which means you can be at 14k with claws on for APS.

For a BM, PvE you can literally do with like 7k but for PvP you would want a base of 9-9.8k and buff of at least 12-13k.

That is more or less to survive the stealth crits of sin's, and possible save your *** if you get hit by a psychic/wizard from the back row and can't rush right at them.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Mg: That is because your are a barb, as a barb you have self HP buff which means you can be at 14k with claws on for APS.

For a BM, PvE you can literally do with like 7k but for PvP you would want a base of 9-9.8k and buff of at least 12-13k.

That is more or less to survive the stealth crits of sin's, and possible save your *** if you get hit by a psychic/wizard from the back row and can't rush right at them.

I had my barb stat to claws just to see what it was like and if i remember correctly i had like 18-20k hp standing with self buff. My barb and bm are going to be using mostly the same gear. I guess im just to much of a barb at heart or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you +12 your gear, your bm will have more hp than the barb b:laugh. Without that expense it will always be lower. Trust in BP, and you can get lots of hp back if 5aps with good dd power.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2011
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Thought I'd quote you in the barb forums so people know what you're working with already. I think because so many people have created BM and Sins as nothing more than a farming class we are seeing more and more low hp aps chars. It's not uncommon for me to run across a 5 aps 5k hp BM. I'd agree 8k is a reasonable hp for pve (I have 8.2k and no problems) and 10k is a reasonable pk hp. Both of those are where you should start building from, ofc, not your endgame.

Edit:Actually was curious what your tome is, and what your plan for your aps bm was and what you already have. I tend to go damage heavy so there'd be only two pieces from your current build I'd use (helm and pants, and would prefer lunar honestly but it doesn't matter). So was curious what you were thinking for your build.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Thought I'd quote you in the barb forums so people know what you're working with already. I think because so many people have created BM and Sins as nothing more than a farming class we are seeing more and more low hp aps chars. It's not uncommon for me to run across a 5 aps 5k hp BM. I'd agree 8k is a reasonable hp for pve (I have 8.2k and no problems) and 10k is a reasonable pk hp. Both of those are where you should start building from, ofc, not your endgame.

Edit:Actually was curious what your tome is, and what your plan for your aps bm was and what you already have. I tend to go damage heavy so there'd be only two pieces from your current build I'd use (helm and pants, and would prefer lunar honestly but it doesn't matter). So was curious what you were thinking for your build.

I dont use a tome on my barb for the simple reason. I pk alot and all my ger is bound cause i dont want the hassle of using sl and tbh i dont see the point of binding a low lvl tome and im not going to get 2 scroll of tomes so i am just waiting to get love up and down for my bm then i will bind it and use it on my barb.

This is going to be my bm with aps gear on http://pwcalc.com/eb84daaeeac61cec with only self buffs as soon as it reaches 100 so basically this is the gear i have waiting for my bm
    and this will be my bm endgame http://pwcalc.com/ca245e4c273b1df9 with only self buffs. Hopefully that will help clarify a few things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    I suppose there is only one issue i hae with my endgame build.
    Would it be more cost efficient to +12 the CoA ring or get the r9 ring?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Hattori_ - Archosaur
    Hattori_ - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I dont use a tome on my barb for the simple reason. I pk alot and all my ger is bound cause i dont want the hassle of using sl and tbh i dont see the point of binding a low lvl tome and im not going to get 2 scroll of tomes so i am just waiting to get love up and down for my bm then i will bind it and use it on my barb.

This is going to be my bm with aps gear on http://pwcalc.com/eb84daaeeac61cec with only self buffs as soon as it reaches 100 so basically this is the gear i have waiting for my bm
    and this will be my bm endgame http://pwcalc.com/ca245e4c273b1df9 with only self buffs. Hopefully that will help clarify a few things.

http://pwcalc.com/fe58e06675f0dd18 - I got rid of your vit points and left it @ 5 base...u dont need to put stats on vit since your refines are @ +12....look at the difference of attack, and you only dropped alittle in health
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/fe58e06675f0dd18 - I got rid of your vit points and left it @ 5 base...u dont need to put stats on vit since your refines are @ +12....look at the difference of attack, and you only dropped alittle in health

Yeah that does seem better but tbh i hadnt taken attack into consideration when making this char all i was concerned about was making a bm with 5 aps and and as much hp as possible b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Keep in mind HP is nothing without defence. 3,5k mdef will be a problem in Pvp to Archers & Arcanes (if these classes still pk, all i see when i pass by are sins and r9 barbs in PK).
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Keep in mind HP is nothing without defence. 3,5k mdef will be a problem in Pvp to Archers & Arcanes (if these classes still pk, all i see when i pass by are sins and r9 barbs in PK).
    I have warsoul magic def ornies just inase the situation arises but thanks for the advice anyway.
    This will be the gear i will wear for 95% of the time when i pk http://pwcalc.com/02a28df3057ce222 the only time i can see my self switching to aps gear in pk is if i am fighting someone with a shead load of hp and def.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have warsoul magic def ornies just inase the situation arises but thanks for the advice anyway.
    This will be the gear i will wear for 95% of the time when i pk http://pwcalc.com/02a28df3057ce222 the only time i can see my self switching to aps gear in pk is if i am fighting someone with a shead load of hp and def.

all i know is you're going to need more accuracy if you plan to pk. maybe get a pair of misty/lunar rings when you go up against sins/archers, which you will. b:surrender