Advice To Clerics

endlesspsy
endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Cleric
PLEASE GET EXPEL GENIE SKILL SO U GUYS STOP DYING BECAUSE OTHER CLASSES DONT GET AGRO SUCH AS DELTA and FC ...remember GET THE SKILL EXPEL AND USE IT IF YOUR INTROUBLE WHILE IN BB
Post edited by endlesspsy on

Comments

• Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:cry Why are you shouting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Are you gonna pay for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lmao OP is a tool!

Granted it's nice as a cleric to have "backup" options, but you can't seriously expect clerics to be able to compensate for fail squads that don't do their jobs properly.
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have mixed feelings on the Expel skill. I have it on my genie and keep meaning to remove it because I never use it. My mixed feelings are because I see its use and it takes a bit of training to target yourself to save yourself, but at the same time it is kind of a pain to use. If I can train myself to target myself then Expel it'd be fine but as a cleric I rarely have myself targeted and it takes crucial time to self target then click the skill, whereas other skills are one step.

Personally, I prefer Earthquake or AD. AD is shorter but works everytime. Earthquake is cheaper and spammable but only works on mobs within 10 (?) meters. This is fine for melee and nearby ranged, and ranged casters you can tank, but ranged physical will still eat you alive.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have mixed feelings on the Expel skill. I have it on my genie and keep meaning to remove it because I never use it. My mixed feelings are because I see its use and it takes a bit of training to target yourself to save yourself, but at the same time it is kind of a pain to use. If I can train myself to target myself then Expel it'd be fine but as a cleric I rarely have myself targeted and it takes crucial time to self target then click the skill, whereas other skills are one step.

Just pressing tab before using it doesn't work for you?
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tab cycles targets, rubbish if you are surrounded. If you have a target up clicking top left and hotkeying takes a fraction of a second, not to mention in a situation where you need to use expel you should damn well see trouble coming. I trust very few people on something like big pulls in FF, the amount of times the mobs have just flown through is unbelievable. Mind you if you have a good Barb (not a wannabe tank class) who knows how to group and hold with skills before bring the mobs then you could sleep through the whole thing. I have only seen EQ Barbs do that though, I guess pro is dead then.
    PWI b:bye
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yeh stop shouting i got expel alright! thought... i dont use it for myself
    i love sealing ppl during delta and causing their later deaths by tht b:cute
    i mean.... NVM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »
    PLEASE GET EXPEL GENIE SKILL SO U GUYS STOP DYING BECAUSE OTHER CLASSES DONT GET AGRO SUCH AS DELTA and FC ...remember GET THE SKILL EXPEL AND USE IT IF YOUR INTROUBLE WHILE IN BB
    even in 2009 when delta first appeared pple knew how to keep aggro off the cleric.

learn to play pl0x

why do i have to spend my genie slot for your lack of skill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wait a sec, Isn't Expel the skill that silence you while making you immune to damage?

Does OP know that Expel would interrupt BB when casted? meaning no 50% dmg reduction for 9+ seconds?

Then the cleric will be called fail for self silencing and causing a squad wipe and not 'cause doesn't have Expel on his genie b:sad
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wait a sec, Isn't Expel the skill that silence you while making you immune to damage?

Does OP know that Expel would interrupt BB when casted? meaning no 50% dmg reduction for 9+ seconds?

Then the cleric will be called fail for self silencing and causing a squad wipe and not 'cause doesn't have Expel on his genie b:sad

Regeneration Aura is already channeled/ casted; won't be affected by silence just like Dragon's Breath.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It also does not make you immune to all damage, just physical. It can also be purged by certain bosses.
    PWI b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    if the cleric needs expel then chances are the whole squad is in need of absolute domain more b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lmao OP is a tool!

Granted it's nice as a cleric to have "backup" options, but you can't seriously expect clerics to be able to compensate for fail squads that don't do their jobs properly.

I like you
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    <
    Has Absolute Domain. I'm not getting expel.

@OP. I have a better idea. Why don't you get absolute domain as well. I designed my genie to suit my purpose. AD is shorter, but is extremely efficient if timed right. Also, the cleric shouldn't be made to have THEIR genie suit YOUR needs. It is the job of the tanker to grab aggro, and the job of the DD'ers to help keep that aggro off of the cleric. Its the clerics job to heal, revive, buff, and overall to keep the squad alive. Not to be on full guard in case the tanker and DD'ers don't fulfill theirs.

That said, I find AD to be invaluable, and expel would work too, but that's me, and my cleric...and her genies. Still, thats up to the player, and you can't really blame the cleric for not having it (though it is nice, and would help). Now Holy path on the other hand.......
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Expel is a must for a cleric. If you hit expel while channeling purify you can remove the seal leaving the physcial damage immunity on. However in an AOE situation, AD is better cause it protects others as well as yourself.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
    edited December 2011
    Expel is a must for a cleric. If you hit expel while channeling purify you can remove the seal leaving the physcial damage immunity on. However in an AOE situation, AD is better cause it protects others as well as yourself.

Expel is a very good genie skill that may prove to be invaluable for some, but is by no means a MUST for a cleric to have. It does come with its set of disadvantages too

*Requires purify to be cast first during which time you cast the seal.

*Requires you to target whoever is needed to be placed on expel status. (Usually oneself.)

*Grants immunity to phys. attacks only.

This is where the issue lies in. As a cleric, I normally do not have myself targeted, or a mob targeted. (That would make me target myself).

The majority of the time, I have a teammate...usually the tank targeted so that I can heal them. If I get in trouble, then that requires targeting myself, casting purify, and then expelling before the purify is cast is I were to have expel. It grants a longer duration, but it requires more time to start if you don't want to seal yourself. With AD, you are granted a shorter duration, but it targets everyone in range, and unlike expel it grants FULL IMMUNITY, with certain rare exceptions. Expel on the other hand grants physical immunity, and if you mess up the timing, then you're in trouble. With that said, Expel is a very nice skill for clerics, or any class to have, but it is by no means required. AD will serve you well if you have to choose between the two. Ultimately, thats up to the player. My cleric has AD, and its unlikely that I'll ever get expel....and I can survive bad pulls in FC, bh's, etc. just fine with it being properly timed. I have AD on 2 of my genies, so its good. However, its not required for a cleric or for any class to have.

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• shadowwintry
    shadowwintry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am a level 100 cleric and my genie have AD. It is good enough for me. And in my handbag i always have 2 ress scrolls for emergency b:chuckle
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @ OP why wont you just get Absolute Domain, and run to the cleric to expell when mobs reach in?... Why do u expect the cleric to compensate ur lack of skill, it is the squads job to keep **** from the cleric, and not the cleric's job to tank all mobs for you
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In FC cleric should not need expel, if yes someone didnt done is job, but personnally i have btoh AD AND expel on my genie, so depend the situation, same with GV, if the cleric need use expel its cause some people in squad dont do their job, i never needed use expel in GV.

Btw now AD is not anymore a AOE skill with the expansion, so if its for phys. damage expel is more long than AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    AD is a must, Expel is awsome too.
    I'd advise to get both, once you get a 71+ LP genie.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Expel doesn't interrupt current skills. If u cast it on BB or a zhenner it won't interrupt the skill.
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Cast purify. As soon as you see the skill activate, use Expel. You'll get the immunity and when Purify finishes, the seal will be gone so you can use skills while immune.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • Neffelim - Dreamweaver
    Neffelim - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have both, but I rarely use expel outside of TW (where it really shines due to its long duration, and relatively low cooldown). I will normally use it at delta, when a R9 wizie or archer, gets aggro, which is going to happen, even with a good tank, and sometimes at nirvy to help a squishy teammate. Plume shell is usualy enough for most of the PvE situations where you need to tank some physical damage. I guess it would be nice to have at FC, but I got the skill at 101, and I never FCed after. The problem with expel as a life saver in FC is, that you rarely have time to regenerate energy between pulls, since you will also be using your genie to holypath and gain chi, so you still have to rely on plume shell.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Expel doesn't interrupt current skills. If u cast it on BB or a zhenner it won't interrupt the skill.

Guess I'm mostly here to spread rumors. I posted my opinion on expel 3 months ago before this thread was necroed.

I think expel does interupt bb unless they changed it. One of the "ganks" people used was if you found a squad killing a WB you could expel their cleric and hope the squad wiped without their bb to heal them or reduce damage. This was a main reason they introduced protections, but I don't think they changed expel dynamics.

Also,with the expansion AD is a solo immunity buff, no longer a squad aoe resist. This changes preferences too.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Guess I'm mostly here to spread rumors. I posted my opinion on expel 3 months ago before this thread was necroed.

I think expel does interupt bb unless they changed it. One of the "ganks" people used was if you found a squad killing a WB you could expel their cleric and hope the squad wiped without their bb to heal them or reduce damage. This was a main reason they introduced protections, but I don't think they changed expel dynamics.

Also,with the expansion AD is a solo immunity buff, no longer a squad aoe resist. This changes preferences too.

Can't tell if you're trolling...

But really don't spread fake rumor . Expel seal is nothing like Smack which interrupt casting and/or cancel channeling . If this rumor was true, people would use expel to stop archer from zhenning in TW...
  • NestFreemark - Raging Tide
    NestFreemark - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    <
    Has Absolute Domain. I'm not getting expel.

@OP. I have a better idea. Why don't you get absolute domain as well. I designed my genie to suit my purpose. AD is shorter, but is extremely efficient if timed right. Also, the cleric shouldn't be made to have THEIR genie suit YOUR needs. It is the job of the tanker to grab aggro, and the job of the DD'ers to help keep that aggro off of the cleric. Its the clerics job to heal, revive, buff, and overall to keep the squad alive. Not to be on full guard in case the tanker and DD'ers don't fulfill theirs.

That said, I find AD to be invaluable, and expel would work too, but that's me, and my cleric...and her genies. Still, thats up to the player, and you can't really blame the cleric for not having it (though it is nice, and would help). Now Holy path on the other hand.......

Absolute Domain is no longer an "AOE" skill. (My bad. Didn't realise how old this thread is.)
    edited February 2012
    Absolute Domain is no longer an "AOE" skill. (My bad. Didn't realise how old this thread is.)

Lol. Its cool. b:laugh

• Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    my ears are bleeding after seeing those caps ><
  • aquawitchzz
    aquawitchzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    excuse me for saying this, but i thought it isn't the cleric's job to tank monsters? if cleric gets agro in higher lvls, its usually the team's fault for not catching.... why should we clerics make up for fail teams? b:angry why the heck are we always blamed when something goes wrong? >.<
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    why the heck are we always blamed when something goes wrong? >.<

You're new, aren't you? :p

Just light humour :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray