How to increase my HP

myristica67
myristica67 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Hi,

I have a health from 775 HP. I'm lvl 19. I have to fight monsters in quests with a hp from over 2200. I will die everytime I'll try to attack them.

Is there a way I can increase my health ?

Post edited by myristica67 on

Comments

• Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What class u play?
  • venobarbclaw
    venobarbclaw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sorry, but its true, every mob you fight is going to have higher hp than you, so id spam hp pots, use skills or get buffs/help. Venos and mystics w/ pet have low hp, my lvl 45 veno has 1400hp with decent gear. but solo classes should be higher i think.
  • myristica67
    edited November 2011
    I'm a winged Elf Cleric. I missed the quests from lvl 10 till 15, because I was busy getting the materials together for a bigger safe. I thought it had to do something with the missed quests.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hi,

I have a health from 775 HP. I'm lvl 19. I have to fight monsters in quests with a hp from over 2200. I will die everytime I'll try to attack them.

The answer is yes by adding Vit to your stats or Citrine shards to your armor. However depending on your class you may not want to waste points in Vit. Clerics for example will benefit more from more Mag than Vit.

If you are playing a Cleric you can usually kill most mob before they hit you with high Mag and you have the ability to self heal. You don't need much HP. Use Ironheart before and during the fight.

If you are playing a Mystic similar applies but you also have a Pet to take the hits.

As the other poster said, most mob will always have higher HP than you. Once you get to higher levels you will encounter Bosses with several million HP while you might only have 3-4K. The key is to work in a squad if the mob is too strong for you alone. But at lower levels the mob are pretty easy to kill once you learn how. Read the guides for your class.
  • myristica67
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the tips. I'll use them :)

b:thanks
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yeah just iron heart your self 3 times before you attack each mob, just buy small mana pots if you cant afford the big stuff ( just to replenish your magic or extra Iron hearts) dont stack too much vit but rather wait till your lvl 30, get your rank gear and shard it all with lvl 4 citrine shards, any extra sockets on non rank gear just keep a balance between garnet ( phys def) and citrine ( HP Increase),

if you can use small hp charms then do so, you dont need money or coin to get the small ones as you get free ones at low lvls,

i used to have a cleric and i solo'd alot of my own bosses ( with the exception of FB/BH and world bosses) a cleric can be very fun just remember to not go crazy with stacking vit and str just go mag and a little vit, your real defences come from your gear and weapon.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • chowchowhound
    chowchowhound Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    u r kidding right? i farm all day on my cleric and NEVER WASTE MANA HEALING.

3 IH = sit down or pot every other mob = total noob.

does anyone understand the value of stepping back 2 steps after a cyclone while it cools which usually slows the mob down? or full on run-n-stun kiting for a way powerful mob?

a L30 cleric can kill those L40 oracle pirates by kiting. yes they can, i did it.
    i had to kite them across the street and halfway around the lake, but once you get the rhythm, 10 shots or 50shots doesnt matter, just repeat until dead. you may have to pot HP while running if he dings you since you absolutely cannot stop to heal or u r dead meat.
    (and probly pot mana if it is a long fight)

IH is for toe to toe tanking, like farnng which i just soloed with my new L30 cleric.
    but then again, i soloed silverfrost with my L93 cleric. yes i did, 40 min fight with a teacher +8 defense blessing, which i had to redo midfight.(because the stupid jones' site was down and i really wanted an o'malley for the silver fight)

but then again, maybe i stay the h3ll out of wc and actually studied my class to be as efficient as possible and really use the tools that were given to me..

testing and dying is part of the learning curve. save it for when you ding and have 0.0% exp. you can die 1000 times and not lose 1exp point. think about it...you absolutely need to die to see just how beefy you really are.

do any of you nabs use the environment? mobs get hung on trees, logs and buildings. a caster can waste a melee mob while he tries to get around a big log or w/e. it is funny as heck too lol. stupid mobs. you can run a mob around a lake since they wont cut the corner.
    then you dont have to worry about aggroing more mobs on your kite path by just staying along the shoreline usually.

THINK people, dont just nab out and buy a charm to brute force everything toe-to-toe.

keep your caster ranged where they belong.

cleric power! :)
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    IH yourself before each mob? -lol I'm guessing not pure mag, and loves to throw coin away. HP is from equipment adds and refines. Anything else is a waste unless you're Barb.
  • chowchowhound
    edited November 2011
    i also figured out a kite path for those higher oracle mobs over by the 3 culti bosses by the FB (right around those buildings by fugma) they are about 79k and there are 3 of them. head like east for the cliff through the big fallen log,south along the cliff and towards that stone bridge across the canyon. they died before i got to the bridge

then i saw a clown standing there with a charm and a stack of oracles. any braindead fool can do that. oh well. nab is nab.
    edited November 2011
    @chowchowhound & @thumbs

You guys are thinking from the POV of an experienced higher level player. Refines +stat armor at level 19? Lol. Read the thread before posting info that is useless and confusing to a newbie.

He says he is dieing because of lack of HP. Simplest way to fix that is to IH at least once before and more as necessary. You get a ton of Pots free from the stash so it isn't a big deal to use them at lower levels while they learn the ropes.

Personally I made my Cleric pure Mag buffed with a set of level 10 Cleric buffs and with the right macro combo easily killed the mob before they even get to hit me. No kiting or IH required except maybe for extra life mob.
  • chowchowhound
    edited November 2011
    oh yeah on topic. on a cleric 1 vit=10hp = bullcrap. 1 magic =8damage +i think 15mana.

vit is waste on a cleric. as mentioned before, use citrine shards in sockets and choose gear with pdef, vit, HP stats as add ons.

the OP L30 would have the rank gear with citrines (add sockets for really OP although that is a waste)(refining is a total waste lol, but you can),
    and an order of the stars sword which has big pdef(really nice op sword)

if using regular stuff, just keep that nice sword you get at L15-20 until like about L40, it is good. put citrines in that too.

the problem with getting too OP at low levels is you quickly level out of that stuff, and unless you are handing down to other alts, you wasted a lot of coin.

cleric power! :)
  • chowchowhound
    edited November 2011
    @chowchowhound & @thumbs

You guys are thinking from the POV of an experienced higher level player. Refines +stat armor at level 19? Lol. Read the thread before posting info that is useless and confusing to a newbie.

He says he is dieing because of lack of HP. Simplest way to fix that is to IH at least once before and more as necessary. You get a ton of Pots free from the stash so it isn't a big deal to use them at lower levels while they learn the ropes.

Personally I made my Cleric pure Mag buffed with a set of level 10 Cleric buffs and with the right macro combo easily killed the mob before they even get to hit me. No kiting or IH required except maybe for extra life mob.

no, you dont learn to IH on every mob. that is lame and you will blow through all those pots in a hurry. you just said the correct thing to do in this post that i quoted. glad you corrected yourself :)

at L19 you can choose armor with stats. watch what drops, put citrines in what sockets you get. that quest swored is awesome for a L19. someone mentioned L30 and rank. that is cheap and good for L30

and since you cant read so good, i said twice that refines and sockets is a waste, then even explained why. you DO NOT IH YOUR WAY THROUGH LIFE unless you want to stay nab. that was bad advice.

did you kill charr without kiting or potting? i doubt it. i kited him when i got th equest. he never touched me
    edited November 2011
    no, you dont learn to IH on every mob. that is lame and you will blow through all those pots in a hurry. you just said the correct thing to do in this post that i quoted. glad you corrected yourself :)

at L19 you can choose armor with stats. watch what drops, put citrines in what sockets you get. that quest swored is awesome for a L19. someone mentioned L30 and rank. that is cheap and good for L30

and since you cant read so good, i said twice that refines and sockets is a waste, then even explained why. you DO NOT IH YOUR WAY THROUGH LIFE unless you want to stay nab. that was bad advice.

did you kill charr without kiting or potting? i doubt it. i kited him when i got th equest. he never touched me

The comment on refines and shards were meant for Thumbs comment not yours.

I am aware there are situations where kiting, potting, plumeshell, IH, etc. become necessary but I'm trying to offer the level 19 OP a simple solution without writing a manual on all the different situations and how handling bosses differ.

On the other hand IH on squad mates is the bread and butter of a Cleric so learning to use it early on is essential even solo. Otherwise you'll get a Cleric who tries to AOE heal their way through a dungeon.
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hi,

As a cleric, you are supposed to use great cyclone and take some steps back and do it again, it takes time. You are not meant to be getting hit physically, otherwise, you will have a hard time. That's until you meet mobs that poison, burn where you will have no problem with. If you are uncomfortable with low HP, use a barb or a seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]