Should FC have a level cap put on it?

maitatsu
maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Discuss.

*Per reply on page 2 of thread*
Originally Posted by Bubbles - Lothranis
FC already has a level cap, it's just easy to get around it.

Even if you were to remove the entrance to FC and make npc teleport only, it still wouldn't change anything.
People will find other ways to powerlevel alts.

I guess I should have worded this differently. What I meant by level cap was, altering it so that you couldn't enter with any character below level 75. Period.

As for it not changing anything, I'm perfectly aware that there are other ways to power level a character. FC just happens to be the main source.

Curiosity just dictates that I am interested in hearing what other people think about a change such as this would entail.

*Per reply on page 3 of thread*

KrittyCat wrote: »
Yeah, usually caps go on top of things.b:mischievous

What you're looking for is a minimum entrance level.b:victory

Yes, thank you Kritty. That's the word I was looking for. XD
Post edited by maitatsu on

Comments

• Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Even if you were to remove the entrance to FC and make npc teleport only, it still wouldn't change anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WTS: definition of "cap".
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    maitatsu wrote: »
    Discuss.

No freakin way! How would i make money? :-(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited November 2011

This b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Don`t particularly care at this point, should have thought about that before people hypered to the top!
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Im not a big fan of FC Nubs, if you would have asked me before they half ***** fixed Goonz i would have been like hell yea cap it but since they sort of fixed people going from 1-80 in 2 hours then 105 in a matter of a few days i feel let people do what they will

besides... the Devs do not change old stuff they just introduce new content to make us pay more
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    isnt it kinda too late for a capp? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • unstop77
    unstop77 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    no need change, tell me how low level people get to level up, and new join to the game will quit for hard to level. high level people no sell fc room, how they make coins and make them stay in game when already reach 100?
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    who cares the original cap is 75+ yet ppl abuse it to get lower ppl in same as 69 trophy mode anyway damage is already done unless they bann every single 1 of them who entered frost below 75.This will result indead servers so who cares
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WTS: definition of "cap".

I fully support capping entrance to FC at 75. After all, after 75 it gets sooo much easier to level. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Make FC operate something like PV:

Once its been opened, should anyone below the level requisite to enter (75+) joins the squad and enters the instance, it auto resets.

While we're at it, why not make hypers unable to be used till 70, like the fairy boxes :V
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Once its been opened, should anyone below the level requisite to enter (75+) joins the squad and enters the instance, it auto resets.

While we're at it, why not make hypers unable to be used till 70, like the fairy boxes :V

And not just 70, but also have to have completed the 59 culti!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And not just 70, but also have to have completed the 59 culti!

59? Make it 69 just to be sure b:shutup
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    they should make it a 75-85 instance cuz they said on their post about frost that was the lv range
  • Necrovine - Sanctuary
    Necrovine - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    wanting it capped because you
    (A)cant find a squad?
    (B)cant afford to buy heads yourself?
    (C)Cant solo it and make a profit off heads room?
    (D)All of the above?

Its fine how it is, low lvls pay to lvl up, high lvls farm heads room as an income.b:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    59? Make it 69 just to be sure b:shutup

Make it 69 to actually give it SOME kind of meaning, other than a bridge between 59 double spark and 79 (there are 79 skills, eh).

Just make it so there's a quest to enter, and you have to be level 75 to take the quest. Gate NPC.

There, nobody under 75 can enter, period.

But...

The Jail Boss should spawn something other than Goons, and Goon EXP should be restored. Have Jail Boss spawn bishops instead.

Love to see people glitch that, the lightning would be epic...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • maitatsu
    edited November 2011

I guess I should have worded this differently. What I meant by level cap was, altering it so that you couldn't enter with any character below level 75. Period.

As for it not changing anything, I'm perfectly aware that there are other ways to power level a character. FC just happens to be the main source.

Curiosity just dictates that I am interested in hearing what other people think about a change such as this would entail.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011

• Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lock door horse bolted comes to mind
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i put yes ,but really whocares..the dmg is done with the ffing so im reaping the harvest in coins in it now on my sin.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Did you even read my post?

I knew exactly what you meant, and I addressed it; even if you restrict 74 and below chars from entering fc by removing the normal entrance so that it's limited to npc teleport only, it won't change anything.

FC removes the bs that is alt lvling.
    I understand the concern about new players missing out most of the content that the game has to offer, however, you shouldn't punish the older players who don't want to go through all the mundane quests again.

Also, no matter what we suggest, no matter we complain over, 99% chance devs will never bother with it even if it was translated for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    IMO this whole idea of capping FC after a whole industry has been created and thousands of people have FC powerleveled is dumb.

There was one time I didn't like the idea but considering that most of the powerleveling is done by established players who are just leveling their alt, I have come to agree that this is a useful way to get your alt past the horrendously boring and grindy beginning stages, that once were fun, but after the 2nd or 3rd time, are tedious as heck.

Sure there are a few nubs that use it too but I don't think it is the majority.

I like the PV instance but the way the Quest is currently set up is stupid. For one thing if you die you have to be rezzed or you will not be able to get back in once the token has expired, so if you are a key member of the squad, the entire squad is screwed. And why is PV only once a day? It isn't as if you get a massive Quest XP bonus at the end like BH.

Copying PV for FF would be foolish, copying a flawed idea.

Limiting Hypers till level 70 would be dumb too why punish lower level chars when nowadays almost everyone is high level. It is too late to turn back the clock, the game is already mature and FC and Hypers are here to help keep the game alive.
  • maitatsu
    edited November 2011
    Did you even read my post?

I knew exactly what you meant, and I addressed it; even if you restrict 74 and below chars from entering fc by removing the normal entrance so that it's limited to npc teleport only, it won't change anything.

No I read your post quite clearly, but lots of times posts have been misunderstood, so that's understandable. I'm also perfectly clear with how FC teleing, squading, ect. works.
    Hence why I said 'altering'.

FC removes the bs that is alt lvling.
    I understand the concern about new players missing out most of the content that the game has to offer, however, you shouldn't punish the older players who don't want to go through all the mundane quests again.

Who said anything about punishing players? *looks around*
    Oh! Here it is!
    b:laugh

Also, no matter what we suggest, no matter we complain over, 99% chance devs will never bother with it even if it was translated for them.

Now THAT'S the truth! XD

Crackers anyone? o.o
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    who cares the original cap is 75+ yet ppl abuse it to get lower ppl in same as 69 trophy mode anyway damage is already done unless they bann every single 1 of them who entered frost below 75.This will result indead servers so who cares

I CARE and stop saying is too late
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:shocked When i do any kind of fc on alts i usually only do heads. since i kinda dont have alot of time in the day doing bh's is kinda difficult, so yeah why bother making a cap...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • maitatsu
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Yes, thank you Kritty. That's the word I was looking for. XD
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I wish they put a minimum entrance requirement on it (and not just to open). The head selling thing is getting freaking ridiculous... Squads that just run FC from beginning to start are getting so rare now. On my bm I feel almost forced to solo it with my sin, cause it takes ages to make a squad, if you make one with randoms they are so stuck in cliches they want "aps-barb" and refuse any magic class, and if you finally started there is a 99% chance I have to get my sin to rescue the squad because they are freaking idiots that don't know you have to run for runewolf (or stuff like that, while they say they are "experienced").

I also just hate the fact that ppl want to get paid for everything and anything. Sure everyone "needs an income", but you'll be surprised what you get for free if you just help others without filling your own wallet.
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Do that many of you not realize power-leveling can be done outside of F.C. just as well as inside? Only difference being F.C. is a bit more convenient. I leveled a couple alts just letting them hyper well tagging behind a higher level character that's a.o.e. grinding.

If you really want to stop people from power-leveling, your complaint is actually the hypers, not the location. Good luck getting PWI to remove hypers :P b:laugh
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It takes long enough for ppl with rl to get a toon to 100. Even with hypers. And the majority of the gamers don't want to play just one kind of toon. There are enough asisan grinders arround (this game was also like this 2-3 years ago), play those games when you like the boredom. They changed the game for a reason, it was not interesting enough for most ppl.

The most ppl who complain are rpkers on pvp servers who wants to have more cheap targets (to prove with their red names that they killed ppl who didnt fight back).
    Just check the pvp ranking to know about whom i'm talking (e.g. the PWIC-fail veno Spliffany whos proud to kill lvl 3x, cz hes fail rl is so boring/ welfare system is to good in germany).
    Btw since tri got ***** to death lc server is way less aggressive now b:pleased. I rly appreciate it that many of those fails had to give up and lost the game. It will make the game more enjoyable, even for lowbies who want to play the game the boring way/ the asian grinder style.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    gyroki wrote: »
    It takes long enough for ppl with rl to get a toon to 100. Even with hypers.
    We need to have a 'Epic posts' section in PWI forums. with full on naming and shaming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan