Mat drops/ new items

Aowenn - Archosaur
Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I understand the rules of the games but just having a think here ( coz all my m8's are sleeping so no fc's lol )

First

Why not, for solo mode in TT runs, the mats become random instead of the same mats every time? or open up the full tt to Solo Runners?

People solo alot because they want to gain their own mats for items because buying them is something some people just can't afford. But too many of the same item ruins the price of it & drops in value big time. Not only that, solo TT runners may think it becomes pointless as they can't get the mats they need, and are extremely limited.

Second

Bring back the unbinding charms. ( i understand years ago you had these )

You make gear that's binding, then, after 10 lvls, you can use the new gear, yet left with gear that no one else uses apart from yourself.

But, make it so that you can unbind the item, yet, when someone else has it from you, it re binds it's self so you need to gain another unbinding charm ( think profit from boutique )

Third

Create a MEGA socket stone to go in packs.

Just 1 of these stones will add 1 socket to an armour, but 2 MEGA socket stones will socket a weapon
Post edited by Aowenn - Archosaur on

Comments

• MissKazami - Heavens Tear
    MissKazami - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I like the Idea of the Mega sockets, would be very easier and usefull... though if they would do so they would ask a few gold for it I guess, but I think its an awesome Idea, I could use some of those. =D
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yeah, problem is, good ideas are left by the wayside in this game

Shame that
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Unbinding charm never existed. b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Unbinding charms have been suggested quite a few times recently, and it's been stated numerous times that they aren't going to be added to the game.b:surrender
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    For the first one, I agree. It's just not that lucrative anymore to farm TT (aside from 3-2/3-3) with more than 2 people, preferably solo. Though it would be better if the TT drop table included some bound items that help improve your character (because farmable valuable items + 5 aps = items as valuable as paperclips) such as reputation badges, refining aids, small charms etc.

As for the second, unbinding charms never existed. It might have been said that these will never be added (by who, anyway? PWE?) but if China sees money in it, it will happen.

And the third, I like the idea. But if you make one universal socket stone that works on everything, it will automatically assume the value of the most powerful item it can be used on (since rank 9 always has max sockets, I guess that would be nirvana right now). I'd rather see them divided into different grades that only work on armor/weapons of the corresponding grade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    First. Not going to happen. this is an MMO. You want to solo stuff, go play Skyrim.

Second, What Kritty said. Personally though, it would be nice if I could unbind my aerogear without destroying it. Maybe make it so that unbinding some things that aren't weapon or armour down't destroy them. As is it, I'll just end up with 7 mirage if I unbind my wings.

Third, it won't work. not with the say socket stones are scaled with the weapon levels. They did introduce the chienkung stones for transferring sockets and refinements already, even though it is a money sink if you aren't upgrading super uber gear.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited November 2011
    First. Not going to happen. this is an MMO. You want to solo stuff, go play Skyrim.

I see people saying this oh so often, yet I just don't understand how it makes any sense at all.
    Pretty much all MMO's have at least a few solo aspects to it, some even allow you to do almost everything solo with PvP being the main social aspect.

Guess what? It works just fine, probably even better than MMO's where you're forced to interact with others with every worthwhile activity (e.g. PWI).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So make it so that you can solo everything....

Then you spend uber amounts of time and money just to play with yourself. b:chuckle

now that's funny.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    But too many of the same item ruins the price of it & drops in value big time.

Here you go and yet you ask for an unbinding charm ?

Bound Items are taken out of the Market, bound items keep the interest stable in those items because the demand keeps higher. If you could suddenly unbind all this stuff the market would collapse. Nearly everything would become dirt cheap. It would not longer have any meaning to grind any instance because the value of the end product of your hard work is cheap as dirt. Unbind Charms would ruin PWI for sure. It have a reason why the best stuff is bound.

Mega Socket stones ? All i hear here is "i want cheap Sockets". I used about 60k Socket Stones in my Gear yes 60k and it have cost me a fortune to get the maximum sockets. It took my bleed , sweat , time and without some cash injection i had never archived this in a reasonable timeframe. This tell me one thing, if you want the best, if you want perfection there is a price for it. The steep is rough and its something not everyone can archive. This make the difference. If you insert cheap sockets everyone will have max sockets. Whats the point in having random sockets anymore if that happen ?

Pferfection is possible but it have its price and thats the right way. PWI is easy enough it dont have to become more easy to reach perfection. Striving for perfection is what people keep attatched. If you make it more easy you just speed up the server shut down.

therfore i believe your ideas are not really well thought trough.

Having 1 or 2 sockets in your weapon make a difference but not a game breaking one. But if everyone have 2 sockets we could also all have only 1 socket or no sockets at all.
    I hate Room 38
    edited November 2011

Then you spend uber amounts of time and money just to play with yourself. b:chuckle

now that's funny.

I don't know about you, but that's pretty much exactly what a big part of the 5APS crowd as well as herc venos (soloing TT's back in the day) are/have been doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited November 2011

now that's funny.

That is funny indeed and has nothing to do with 5 aps, unless that implies the speed b:chuckle. Those who don't get it, don't ask, lots of pg ratings will be violated in the explanation.