Which class for pvp

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
Hey guys i was just wondering which class was better at pk (not TW) out of an equally geared bm or barb.

If it helps i have pked wih both a barb (mostly my barb though) and bm but my barb has endgame gear and my bm has only low level gear so i cant really give a fair distinction between these 2 classes any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Barb and BM are actually quite nicely balanced probably due to them being original classes. I suppose if you already have an endgame Barb I would say go with the low level BM, if nothing else it will atleast keep you amused and give you a reason to get better.
    BM is also much better at tackling mag based classes and kiters, if you're the skill spamming sort of person.
    Suppose Sins need to be considered as well, you'll have a better chance of survival as a Barb than a BM no matter how much money you throw at your characters.
    Barbs do have that don't mess with me aura about them though, they seem to be the least attacked class due to their survivability, which will usually mean you get to be the instigator which I think is more fun.
    I dunno, you've played both classes so just go with whatever one you enjoy playing the best I guess.
    PWI b:bye
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the advice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    wizzies r the best at tw imo. they have really good aoe's.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well I've pked at endgame with my wizzy, seeker, and psychic. So keep that in mind when I share my views on what fighting bms/barbs is like.

Barbs are hardly worth the trouble to fight. It's usually nearly impossible to kill a barb without sparking, a string of crits, or the barb being stupid. So on one side barbs are a hassle to kill, but on the other side they really aren't that big of threat. Unless they really outgear me, barbs can't kill me, despite which class I'm playing. I can't kill them, they can't kill me, so it's a pretty boring affair.

As a BM you'll definitely die more than you would as a barb, but on the other hand you'll kill way more people as a BM. I wouldn't say that your marrows give you better survivability against casters or meles than a barb, but they definitely help. Obviously BMs have a buttload of stuns as well as aps. The only problem is that you need to stun somebody if you want to aps them, and any half decent caster class will have at least one stun counter on their genie. That of course makes life as a BM miserable because for casters and archers you have to spend all your time chasing them down and once you catch them and try to stun them, they fortify or badge out of it and run away again. Now if you're willing to play the game of cat and mouse then you can win fights because if you play right, you'll eventually catch the caster or archer on their cooldowns or make them mistime something, and then you can usually finish things pretty quickly.
    I know that on my wiz and psy that if I make a mistake against a bm that it's pretty unforgiving.

Hope that helped!
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Yeah thats one thing i have noticed if i am fighting someone with my barb even if they are AA its usually a pain for me to knock up any sort of damage on them unless i use arma or triple spark. Im guessing this wont happen on a bm?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well as I said before, the problem for BMs isn't their damage. The problem is you have to catch your opponent and hold them down with your stuns, which is tough with so many stun counters.
    edited November 2011
    Yeah thats one thing i have noticed if i am fighting someone with my barb even if they are AA its usually a pain for me to knock up any sort of damage on them unless i use arma or triple spark. Im guessing this wont happen on a bm?

You gotta go for the phys reduction or you will just be on a hope and a prayer. A decent genie will cut theirs in half, your lvl100 skill if you got it and it works does even better. Triple sparking is a waste, they'll usually be nowhere near you and by the time you chase them down its over. Or you can go claw, which is pretty mental on a demon barb.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    You gotta go for the phys reduction or you will just be on a hope and a prayer. A decent genie will cut theirs in half, your lvl100 skill if you got it and it works does even better. Triple sparking is a waste, they'll usually be nowhere near you and by the time you chase them down its over. Or you can go claw, which is pretty mental on a demon barb.
    True but im a sage barb and going to stay like that and for some reason every time i spark no one runs and i mostly keep my genie for solid shield/ToP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    edited November 2011
    True but im a sage barb and going to stay like that and for some reason every time i spark no one runs and i mostly keep my genie for solid shield/ToP.

Fair enough :)
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    DaKillanator, i was just wondering, u said u had pk'ed at endgame with ur seekr. What methods do u use to take down archers and bms with same/higher refined gear?
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender