Hello, new to the game and got a few questions.

lordjacob361
lordjacob361 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
1- What server would be best for me? I live in Indiana in the USA.
2- How large is the playerbase?
3- How good is the social aspect? Meaning friendliness, guilds, and such
4- Is this game good? I like to PvP
5- Is the CS necessaty to get good?
I'm a Jade Dynasty vet and just thinkin bout checkin out this one ^_^
6- Is the archer class any good?
Post edited by lordjacob361 on

Comments

• EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2011

1. maybe an east coast server?
    2. its big enough if u join a server in ur timezone
    3. i love the community. i came from a game where even "friends" would scam u for 500k as soon as they get the chance to (and it that game 500k is less then in pwi) and here i trusted people i knew for only a little time with waay more and never got scammed, and if u join a helpful faction u will always get help if u need it.
    4. i dont pk
    5. YES u cant be good without. and dont let people tell u otherwise, unless farming for 5billion hours is an option for u
    6. hmm i have an archer level 100 and tbh i like it a lot:) its my favourite class but i dont get to play it much as its useless for farming (compared to a sin).
  • BlindFate - Sanctuary
    BlindFate - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Sanctuary seems to be the busyest so if you want help good place to start. Sometimes to large since some places lag because of how many people are there. Social is like real world there are friendly people and there are less then friendly people. I like the game play a lot have been playing for over 2 years. If you learn your char instead of power leveling it then you shouls get lots of enjoyment out of playing. You can go far with out cash shopping but it dose help and for some items is needed. The archer class is fun to play and you can do a lot once you get high enough. If you do decide to play on Sanctuary look me up my game name is BlindFate.
  • lordjacob361
    lordjacob361 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thanks a ton :) It will prolly be tomorrow that I start playing cause my dads comp is garbage lol
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    if your interested in PVP and competitive then the cash shop is the most easiest option for a new player, altho depending on the level of competitiveness you aim for, CSing has its limits. Most of the current players with uber gears now mostly farm their coins by dungeons or merchanting... so its not something that is far beyond your reach as long as you play the game for a couple months and get to know the economy and the environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KaiakaNikolo - Sanctuary
    KaiakaNikolo - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The player base is....I guess friendly, it depends on who you find. I bet you can find a good, friendly and active guild pretty fast though. You really don't need to CS, it just depends on how much time you want to spend farming to actually get good. It wouldn't hurt to maybe put some money in after a good while to help you get a boost, though.