In-Game Event: Forebearer's Boon

westcoaster78
westcoaster78 Posts: 18 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
In-Game Event: Forebearer's Boon (11/24 - 11/30 at 20:00 Server

Our very special Thanksgiving-themed Assault Event - pay heed to the system messages to know where to go!

So it is now 8:51 server time and no in game message or any word on anything?

Anyone know what the deal is???b:shocked
Post edited by westcoaster78 on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    In-Game Event: Forebearer's Boon (11/24 - 11/30 at 20:00 Server

Our very special Thanksgiving-themed Assault Event - pay heed to the system messages to know where to go!

So it is now *:51 server time and no in game message or any word on anything?

Anyone know what the deal is???b:shocked

There's a good deal of rage going on WC right now on Sanct.

Please, for the love of Turkeys, do NOT just put this off until tomorrow. >_> I actually have to work tomorrow, and I'd rather not miss this because someone couldn't find the right keyboard to hit with their chair.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    There's a good deal of rage going on WC right now on Sanct.

Please, for the love of Turkeys, do NOT just put this off until tomorrow. >_> I actually have to work tomorrow, and I'd rather not miss this because someone couldn't find the right keyboard to hit with their chair.

So this is still going on? Or, rather, not going on?

Let me get on the horn to frankie...b:shutup
  • westcoaster78
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    So this is still going on? Or, rather, not going on?

Let me get on the horn to frankie...b:shutup

Yup there was a regular wraith attack on Silver pool but no event as of yet :(
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Well, I've done all that I can to get in contact with him... now it's just the waiting game.b:surrender
  • westcoaster78
    edited November 2011
    Well, I've done all that I can to get in contact with him... now it's just the waiting game.b:surrender

TYVM Kritty b:thanks
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    TYVM Kritty b:thanks

Quick question... was the Silver Pool attack announced?

EDIT: Also, 20:00 Server time for the West Coast is in 10 minutes... Did you take that into account in your calculations?
  • westcoaster78
    edited November 2011
    Quick question... was the Silver Pool attack announced?

EDIT: Also, 20:00 Server time for the West Coast is in 10 minutes... Did you take that into account in your calculations?

Yes it was anounced , but 20:00 server time is 8 pm PST not 10 pm b:victory
  • Alexyal - Heavens Tear
    Alexyal - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yeah I live on the west coast and it's nearly 10pm for me. 20:00 should equal 8 pm.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Yes it was anounced , but 20:00 server time is 8 pm PST not 10 pm b:victory
    Yeah I live on the west coast and it's nearly 10pm for me. 20:00 should equal 8 pm.

Sorry, it's 1AM for me... little off on my hours (</3 military time).b:surrender

The event was supposed to be announced attacks, since it said to watch the announcements for where to go...

I really can't tell you if the Silver Pool one was supposed to be a part of it, but it seems likely...b:shutup
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It was Running this morning when I logged on at 9am (UK time) .. Not sure what time it starts but it's not 8pm server time more like Midnight ... Nice event for us Euro's b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    It was Running this morning when I logged on at 9am (UK time) .. Not sure what time it starts but it's not 8pm server time more like Midnight ... Nice event for us Euro's b:victory

That might have been due to the fact that I sent that message off to frankie that the event wasn't running...

For the future, I would expect them to have the event running at the announced time of 20:00 server time.b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The event went off on Midnight Thanksigiving.

Part One:

Go to the five main lowbie cities, take the quest from the sentinel. Kill some mobs, get some exp. Turn in the quest for some more.

Part Two:

Go to the big cities, eg Archosaur, 1k streams. Kill some mobs, one set drops genie food the other ones drop nothing. Turn in, get some exp.

That's about it. ONe thing to note with the 1k streams attack is that the actual mobs spawn at South Barrier Village. I was able to get a ton of non kill stealed genie food because A) it wasn't announced and B) people went there and couldn't find the drops because it doesn't actually say go to south barrier village after picking up the quest from the NPC in the main village.

The event also ran twice for some reason, one right after the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    The event also ran twice for some reason, one right after the other.

Probably a result of or repayment for the mix-up in the times...

Either way, I would still count on the event to be at the correct (announced) time for the rest of the time it's supposed to occur.
  • Tiana__ - Sanctuary
    Tiana__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    That might have been due to the fact that I sent that message off to frankie that the event wasn't running...

For the future, I would expect them to have the event running at the announced time of 20:00 server time.b:surrender

LMAO shows how competent they are they need to be reminded
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The event happened on midnight wednesday night (rather odd time) 12am on west cost, 3am east coast, morning time in europe..., but it never happened after that. And the event did not happen at 20:00 as advertised either. "In-Game Event: Forebearer's Boon (11/24 - 11/30 at 20:00 Server)" I was looking forward to getting more stones for the genie.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    wasnt able to go but looks like i didnt miss out on anything huge looking from the explanations >> maybe next time we can get a huge boss like they did 3yrs ago?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Boss reminds me, i was alone, naturally i wasn't doing the most dd, but when the boss died, i did not get the kill. I assume it went to the group that did the most dd. I still got the quest reward, but in future might want to switch the quest kill from 0/1 to 1/1 if someone participates like in tiger event. Just a minor issue i saw.
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Probably a result of or repayment for the mix-up in the times...

Either way, I would still count on the event to be at the correct (announced) time for the rest of the time it's supposed to occur.

Well, 20:00 on Friday has come and gone and no event b:sad

For the East Coast Servers, at least.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    lordmot wrote: »
    Well, 20:00 on Friday has come and gone and no event b:sad

For the East Coast Servers, at least.

Oi...

Something tells me some PWI folk are going to have an earful after this weekend...b:surrender

I sent another message to frankie... hopefully I get a response this time.b:shutup
  • Fatalael - Heavens Tear
    Fatalael - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Have we any updates? b:cry
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Kritty,

I imagine if you leave frankieraye's email or phone number... some players would be more than happy to get in touch with him for you... b:avoid

b:laugh

PS: Yay for the preview button working again! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Weekend is coming, I expect nothing to happen until next week.

Curse my negative outlook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lmfao. I don't even give a **** about the event. It not happening like anounced and the no result from repeated contact by a volunteering mod is entertaining enough for me. I mean how BAD do you, whoever runs PWE's servers and events, have to be at your job? Why weren't you fried yet, because you clearly aren't fit for the job? Can I work for PWE and sit around doing nothing? Why does a volunteer knows the whatabouts of our game better than our GM? I know it's thanksgiving and all, but damn, I'm sure you can put a timer on the event?