2x and fb99 skill drops

Ikarium - Dreamweaver
Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I read somewhere here that 2x does not affect the secondary drop table for the fb99 bosses dropping skillbooks. I can't find it, and thats not what the thread was about anyway..

Anyway, I like to pass tidbits like this along in game. But like to have the reason behind it when I do. Why does 2x not affect that drop table? I am not familiar enough with the mechanics to figure it out.
Post edited by Ikarium - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    2x drops doesn't actually double the amount of drops.

Primary drop rate is how many times the server calculates drops (10 in the Case of Hellfire) and then goes to the second table (0% chance for 0 Items [...] 100% for 3 Items in the Case of Hellfire). Essentially 'double drops' merely doubles the number of times the server calculates drop chance. Which would mean that it would generally ignore the 'Chance of additional Drops' value.

That's at least what seems to be.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Probability of additional drop is 10% http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9186.

I am guessing here, that would 10%x2 for 2x drop = 20%, but still less than 100%. I presume that means that the chance of you getting a book is higher than before but it is not certain. Or if how the first post explained it, you have 10% for the first drop it calculates and 10% for the second drop, in reality you still have 10% chance of getting a book, but since it is done twice, chances are higher. If 2x drop does not affect secondary drop, all the above is useless.

The chance of you getting free wine for bh100 seat/abba = 100% b:pleased.
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I believe it works like this........you kill a mob or boss......the computer runs the normal drop rate and drops said items. Then runs it a 2nd time , like you killed the said mob or boss a 2nd time and drops the mats. Drop % does NOT change it just cycles the drop rate 2X.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I believe it works like this........you kill a mob or boss......the computer runs the normal drop rate and drops said items. Then runs it a 2nd time , like you killed the said mob or boss a 2nd time and drops the mats. Drop % does NOT change it just cycles the drop rate 2X.

^this IS how it's done^
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yes, more books do drop when it is double. Last 2x I soloed 50 of the runs and clearly had a much better drop rate.

The ideal thing is to be the one providing wine for sure in double drops. Even outside of double drops it is almost always a winner over a span of 25 runs or so. I never really understood why people didn't want to pay thier 35k for a chance at a 10 mill book, but they will glady buy packs...go figure
  • Sirkura - Raging Tide
    Sirkura - Raging Tide Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2011

sounds like 2x the drops ijs >.> lol unless u mean it doubles the drop rate and not the drops themselves.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    jabq wrote: »
    I am guessing here, that would 10%x2 for 2x drop = 20%, but still less than 100%.

Math fail. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    So it is affected?
    It'll run by the 10% chance to drop once, then cycle again and run the 10% chance to drop again?
    The books themselves are not affected, just the twice run over of the 10% chance that secondary droptable is accessed?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It is impossible to get 2 books in FB99 during 2x. The additional drop table isn't affected.

During the 2x the book drop rate is still 10%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    When a mob is holding loot it drops double the normal calculated amount.

Otherwise nearly every normal mob would drop 2 piles of coins, but we still get mobs that drop nothing & only one pile (notice each pile is the normal amount, not double).

Edit: so...you have twice the chance for a double drop (items rerolled on 2nd drop).

also, i hope that makes sense for ya, it does for me & that's what's important. :D
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It is impossible to get 2 books in FB99 during 2x. The additional drop table isn't affected.

During the 2x the book drop rate is still 10%.

... I have had 2 books drop when it wasn't 2x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ... I have had 2 books drop when it wasn't 2x

Only possible in FB89, where the drops are part of the regular drop table.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i'm pretty sure i had 2 books drop at hellfire about 3 weeks ago.
    1 seeker book and 1 archer book
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have seen two books drop at once from Peachblossom. Can't recall if it was during a 2x or not, but it happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • fairymaster1
    fairymaster1 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i'm pretty sure i had 2 books drop at hellfire about 3 weeks ago.
    1 seeker book and 1 archer book

I have seen it a few times myself even outside of 2x, just to bad I was not the one that wined.
  • Cannibuss - Heavens Tear
    Cannibuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ive seen multiple 2x book drops in fb99. indeed, this was 2-3 years ago, but still
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a little dysfunctional, Don't you know?
    If you push me, It might be bad
    Get a little emotional, Don't you know?
    You could fool around and make me mad

Cannibuss can achieve invisibility and dismember opponents with no warning. By the time you see him, your eyes may no longer be connected to your face.
    edited November 2011
    I've seen several 2 book drops from a single boss not during any 2x... in both FB89's and 99's.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Eh, I solod seat of torment 18 times, abaddon 12, never saw a book drop in either one. Now, I'm the first to say "statistical outlier blah blah anecdotal evidence you're an idiot," but I get the felling pwi doesn't like me b:cry
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Only possible in FB89, where the drops are part of the regular drop table.

Makes sense, then, how 2 Demon Veno books dropped in my FB89, and another one dropped during my BH89.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    When 2x started the other day, i ran brim 5 times with just 3 star drops and misc, then the next 5 or so times got 2 books and molds several times. in all got 8 books and 4 molds in 10 or so runs all together. that was just on etheral and fats, i usualy dont do the the horse that often. When i have ran it, it seem to have better drops if i did it back to back as much as possible. last 2x i rotated brim tt and lunar, and made quite a bit of loot outside of niv. way more than i would have selling heads during the same time period and they were still around 4-500k then. its not worth it to sell heads now at 250 a pop. I may do SoT some as well, just takes so long compared to brim, but the effort maybe worth it b:dirty
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Thanks all for the input, pretty sure I got how it works now. b:thanks

Though to all who input about fb89 : I do know the skill books in fb89 are in the main drop table for their respective bosses. The fb99 ones are in a secondary drop table and therefore different in how they are affected, so the two can't be compared in this manner.
    edited November 2011
    Thanks all for the input, pretty sure I got how it works now. b:thanks

Though to all who input about fb89 : I do know the skill books in fb89 are in the main drop table for their respective bosses. The fb99 ones are in a secondary drop table and therefore different in how they are affected, so the two can't be compared in this manner.

Well, it's comparable to the fact that I've had bosses in all of 89/99's double drop books on single drop days.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Well, it's comparable to the fact that I've had bosses in all of 89/99's double drop books on single drop days.
    I just meant comparable in the way the game mechanics run them when drops are calculated.