9 trials

Options
LoraTab - Dreamweaver
LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Has any faction actually started an completed the new instance yet? What were the rewards? how hard was it?
Post edited by LoraTab - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    useless thread, waste of time to open, why not just wait for someone to post this stuff>?
  • behom4u
    behom4u Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm interested in this question too.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, aparently whatever it takes to start it hasn't happened yet for my faction:( It's killing me
  • behom4u
    behom4u Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, if u can understand Russian language - on Russian's official server this event was about month ago.

http://forum.pwonline.ru/archive/index.php/t-94961.html

Guide is pretty good.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My faction completed Trial 1 today, and came within a hair of a fraction from completing Trial 2.
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    regi almost passed 4 twice before we decided to take a break

pro tip dont have a charm Q.Q
  • Karmiel - Dreamweaver
    Karmiel - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Not impressed with it. Bosses drop a few mats.

With up to 100 faction mate in there what you going to do with a few mats? I guess the Leaders will have to sell them.

Got a few mats myself for completing the quests but at a few coins a run I would say it will take about a year or more to forge anything.

Not impressed at all with the instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So far parts have been fun an parts have been not so much fun. Trouble is if the rewards don't match up to it being worth the time to do-> then the number of the faction needed isn't going to be intrerested in helping to do it.

My first impression is they should revert back to last patch as they totally wasted our time with another instance nobody will do once the newness is gone.

Having said that-seems nobody even has the heart to post much info or make a guide....go figure
  • Terador - Raging Tide
    Terador - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    why are you guys hating on it... lol it's so much fun. It's a huge challenge yeah but it makes the PvE sooo much cooler :P We had issues but it is fun :D
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm making a bit of a guide for my faction as we go, but it's hardly inclusive enough for me to post just yet...xD And I'm sure that by the time we finish it, there will be better guides.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    well im lazy has **** but ill post what i can

stage one-

the goal is to make all the numbers even, to do this you need to kill one element to raise the opposite like in nirvana :D

tips- focus on one mob at a time, NO AOE these guys hurt T^T

stage two-

the goal is to summon idols that will kill the wave of mobs coming in 40 mins

tips- put squads on free, put one squad in each room to kill the mobs that AGGRO YOU, [(I]the other mobs need a quest to get mats from their kill)[/I] Have one person collect the mats to give to a head mat collector that summons the mobs in each room.

stage three-

the goal is to protect the guards at the three towers, you need 9 alive to pass

tips- for us it started on the far end of the map, the celeprites are non trade-able, but very helpful assign one person per squad to pick and use to summon npcs to help kill. Set up a aoe circle on the spawn point if possible, you can target the yelling spawn. keep a look out, maybe someone to dig the celespirtes while others are fighting, random mobs pop up on towers once and a while. ( u can use the cele thingys in 3 options, 10 30 and 50, 10 summons 6 guards where you are standing when you use the scroll, and 50 summons a tree on the center point infront of the tower, idk what 30 does)

stage four-

the goal is to kill the 4 center towers and keep snow something alive

tips- if you have the man power put 1-3 people on the spawn points to keep the mobs away. Some mobs will be phy immu, or ele immu, move your players accordingly. When a tower dies a boss spawns, and the mobs reset to a harder form.
  • deragona
    deragona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    what happens if we fail the quest?
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    deragona wrote: »
    what happens if we fail the quest?

Base will be closed, funds will be required to open a new base.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you fail you have to redo that specific trial over again, not all of them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    stage three- the celesprites actually can be traded. Each spawn spot should have an eath something (costs 30) put there it is ranged an it kills the blow up guys as they are walking with minimal help. The gaurds(10) cost help with the mean *** red guys, however these will require some work from everyone. The big tree(50) helps as a last line of defense near the tower. I found the 30 cost ranged earth things to be the most effect, however u need to make sure the leaders or red things don't kill it.

Stage four- We are currently having a hard time here. we have killed three towers, but unfortunately cold mist bites the dust before th fourth is down. Soul degen on the towers seem to help as does hf, but you realy need some heavy duty aps help as in several sins an bms. Four barb cleric combos should keep the mobs busy at thier respective spawn points. One tower seems to be psy immune.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My guild has managed to do trials 1-6 so far.

Trial 5 is a ******n *****, but Trial 6 is really easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My guild has managed to do trials 1-6 so far.

Trial 5 is a ******n *****, but Trial 6 is really easy.

oh god we are on 5 now, got a look at it and im confused as crud ._. any tips you have would be GREATLY appreciated

oh balls whats this order D:
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/Killorder-1.jpg

on a side note has anyone figured out how to split the bound drops yet?

Oh for trial four we had 2 wizzes set up DB in the center that needed to help ALOT, once we got to the immu one he was near half and our half assed element attacks killed it pretty quickly
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    were on stage 8 atm on Archosaur, stage 7 has stealth mobs! you need detection pots or its only the sins that can kill them xD

Stage 8 is a real pain in the ***...
    oh god we are on 5 now, got a look at it and im confused as crud ._. any tips you have would be GREATLY appreciated

oh balls whats this order D:
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r153/4chan_posters/Killorder-1.jpg

on a side note has anyone figured out how to split the bound drops yet?

Oh for trial four we had 2 wizzes set up DB in the center that needed to help ALOT, once we got to the immu one he was near half and our half assed element attacks killed it pretty quickly

you have to close them in the order they appear on the GOLD quest, saving the earth one for last which is were the boss appears.

we did it Metal > Water > Wood > Fire > Earth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh man thanks for the tip, were not trying again till later tonight, but im excited i really like these so far
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just finished the entire thing.

omg. 9th trial is charm **** and kinda makes the entire thing so not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ok we made it to 7 tonight before we took a break, do you know what the difference is between 222-666 and 666+ mobs? is it important to get that 666+

well nvm we made it to the crazy boss with about 10 ppl it was sexy, but that boss was not xD 100mil exp and hurts >.>

for 5, you need to have about 1 squad per room killing and turning in the pads, make sure they are on free to make it easier.

then have one or w.e u can spare going from room to room killing the towers, like eoria mentioned there is kinda a order, we ended up doing metal, water, wood, fire, earth, metal, water, wood and then the boss was in earth. i think we messed up and didnt notice the boss spawn the 1st time and had to kill a extra tower or two
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We seem to be stuck on trial 5. I was pretty confused what to do an we are gonna try again tommorow..Any real specific advise on how to do it?
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ok we finished, i missed 7 and 8 though misread the time -.- 9 was easy but lag fest to the max <.< a lot of ppl were crashing when the waves 1st came.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ok we finished, i missed 7 and 8 though misread the time -.- 9 was easy but lag fest to the max <.< a lot of ppl were crashing when the waves 1st came.

How did you do Trial 9? because currently we're struggling their AoEs are punishing on the clerics even through BB
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i suppose it was pure power, we had at least 50+ ppl there, but lots of deaths lol. we set up right at the angels so that might have helped. you need 20 drops to summon another one so u suggest collecting them and getting as many as you can.
  • Amelianari - Dreamweaver
    Amelianari - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    In case anyone else jumps into this thread looking for a guide, it's right here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1227941
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ty, wonder when they'll decide to sticky it, unless they think its not good enough...ive roughly stopped with the editing unelss people can PM or w.e way get to me some interesting pictures or bugs or actual info ive done wrong in order to fix it properly [tips/hints welcome too, aynthing really, just pm me]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    OK so i did the trials with my fac for the first time, mainly because i was curious.

So we did some of the trials before most people got bored and did something else.

At the end of it i had nothing to show for my giant repair bill, charm **** and pot use.

My question is, as a player what is my motivation for doing the trials, if there is no benefit to me?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Closing this for necro.
This discussion has been closed.