Can you switch from magic to str and magic?

Faethen - Archosaur
Faethen - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm a venomancer and at first I chose to pick magic/intellect gear at first for my starting abilities. However I was later planning to mix both strength and magic gear to take advantage of that freedom and so that I can have a more mixed play style at these levels. When the free blue 2 star quality gear runs out in about 18 days I'll only have the gear in my inventory I think? And I want to gear up good for both fox form and casting. Will I still be able to do this? I still only have 5 strength and don't know how to raise it for the higher leveled magic cloth gear and light armors I picked up that require a certain amount of strength, so I'm hoping I can still raise it..

Any other venomancer gearing tips would be appreciated if any come to mind :)

Also - what is the highest light armor a venomancer can wear? I notice I can wear leather, but I also picked up some chain and plate armors from monsters. I don't think plate, but what about chain?

Post edited by Faethen - Archosaur on

Comments

• mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Basically, you can wear any armor (not quite sure whether there are special items that are class-specific), as long as you meet the stat requirements. Being a magic class, you'd have to add a lot more Strength than usual, and also add Dex which you don't need at all for your skills.

Look at the item, especially the lines shown in red. These are the ones that prevent you from wearing it.

Venomancers wearing "heavy" armor are considered to be tricky at least. Venomancers wearing the medium type... not sure what the general opinion is.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Venomancers actually have the most potential for flexibility in their armor choices, due to their unique stat growth.

If you want to take a look at the different potential builds for venomancers I recommend reading the Venomancer Common Stat Builds entry at the PWI wiki.

For most people new to the game I'd recommend going with a Vit build, at least for a while, then switching to a mag build once you have enough HP/Vit. However, if you really want flexibility and don't mind having to spend a bit more on gear, you could go for the Heavy and Arcane Armor Mix Build. That build allows you to wear Arcane Armor (AA) and/or Heavy Armor (HH), depending on which suits the situation and your fighting style. However, it does require that you get one extra stat point from your gear for every level you gain, which can make it a bit expensive. See the article I linked to above for details.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)