How many Maiden Kissed Chests from GG email code?

laloner
laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Checked my spam folder and had the Grim Gamble event email from PWI with a code for 5 Maiden Kissed Chests. But a friend told me she got 25 chests. Is the number of chests variable?
AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
Post edited by laloner on

Comments

• MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It's meant to be five, but it has glitched for some people, giving them more.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I got 10 on my cleric but 5 on my assassin. I think it just isn't working right, nto everyone even got the email so count yourself lucky I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The person I know who got 25 spends a lot more money on the game then I do. I thought maybe that was the reason but it sounds like just a bug.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    well i hope they fix the page since its un-redeemable at all at this point :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    someone i know got literally couple hundred boxes
    edited November 2011
    someone i know got literally couple hundred boxes
    maybe thats why the page is down >.>
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    when did this email go out, i dont see it
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    edited November 2011
    when did this email go out, i dont see it
    mine dates Nov.18 was in spam mail tho
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    thanks, i found it :)
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • andrescornejo1
    andrescornejo1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Some of the people that got loads of chests have received 1 week bans. Seems that pressing the Submit button multiple times while redeeming causes the half-assed system PWI uses to send multiple items.

So;

Continuously abusing a glitch, after repeated threats and warnings, to cheat 3-4 billion XP = No Punishment.

Click your mouse a few extra times to get a few extra free items = No warning, skip 3 day and go directly to 1 week ban.

Gotta love the evenhandedness of PWI.
    edited November 2011
    Some of the people that got loads of chests have received 1 week bans. Seems that pressing the Submit button multiple times while redeeming causes the half-assed system PWI uses to send multiple items.

So;

Continuously abusing a glitch, after repeated threats and warnings, to cheat 3-4 billion XP = No Punishment.

Click your mouse a few extra times to get a few extra free items = No warning, skip 3 day and go directly to 1 week ban.

num num num num num
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    Checked my spam folder and had the Grim Gamble event email from PWI with a code for 5 Maiden Kissed Chests. But a friend told me she got 25 chests. Is the number of chests variable?

I ended up with 10 chests of pretty much useless stuff, so its probably just glitched.....b:bye
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Finally found the email everyone was talking about in my spam folder hehe. But of course now, just like the Jones Blessings, it just takes you to a Service Unavailable page. Hope these codes don't expire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I deleted the email, no free stuff for me. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • xiluchang
    xiluchang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I think for them to ban for that is rediculous, everything about this games website is broken, I couldnt even log into the forums for the longest time.

"you get a 1 week ban for those 18 mysterious chips, 4 shining pills, and 6 socket stones you scammed you hacker scum"
  • seitori
    edited November 2011
    xiluchang wrote: »
    I think for them to ban for that is rediculous, everything about this games website is broken, I couldnt even log into the forums for the longest time.

"you get a 1 week ban for those 18 mysterious chips, 4 shining pills, and 6 socket stones you scammed you hacker scum"

b:laugh LOL! Its not even any of our faults, that their Code page glitched!?b:chuckle it's not like any of us wanted the extra 1s........

Ok, GM's I'll forgive you for the 1 week ban, if ya really do have to do this 2 me "for the 5 extra boxes" your own renewal glitch gave...But seriously though, please make sure that whoever nerf'd it with the games "item sending code renewal glitch" doesn't get away with it (scott free) either... Cause seriously, it sux that you guys may actually have too punish us who practically got victimized by this glitch that we didn't even cause......

To be Honest though if I may, I'd still prefer too not being banned, if ya would be so kind, I'd still like to be able to log in to level my newer charis...

But if ya do still have too do it, I want ya to know I still don't hold it against you guys this time (Minus the 1s who wrote the glitched program), LOL!!!! Even though the fault wouldn't even be mine this time.... LOLOLOL!!!

Its actually quite Funny when ya think about it, that we'd be punished for the very programmers Mistakes now, Now that sure is 1 wierd way too assure player loyalty now, by doing this to us for the PROGs screwups ^v^ ...........b:laugh

Thats like shooting the dogs and the kids, just because your wife messed up at making your X-mas dinner, ROFLMAO!!!b:laugh

P.S.: To give you an idea about me not wanting it, the first time I tried to renew the code on your site it totally froze (Explorer) on my comp, so bad I had too (CTRL/ALT/DLT) too bring up (Task Manager) so I could drop it... "That was a pretty bad messup the PROGs on your end did, too do that..." But when I tried again quite awhile later on, it finally did go through.. And it didn't say it ever did go through initially... And I even (went online) onto the character I had tried to send them too, to see if it had went through too him the first time (which it hadn't) B4 I went back to try and Renew it again, so on the second try, when it did go through, I really did believe it was only entered once & only once....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I never even got the damn email in the first place, but at this point, don't really care. didn't get one for either of my accounts, in fact.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • seitori
    edited November 2011
    I never even got the damn email in the first place, but at this point, don't really care. didn't get one for either of my accounts, in fact.

Alasen on the {Thank you for the Email} forum thread, was able to get through to Monkey, and link him that thread line, "and he said he'd look into it..." So if he posts on why only a few got the emails, it'll likely be on that thread.. So hopefully he'll be able to tell everyone why only a few of us got it, and the rest of you still haven't got it yet...b:bye b:thanks
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yeah I don't think I have this email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wait a damn minute... they're banning people for a WEEK that got too many boxes cause they (as in PW) SCREWED UP YET AGAIN.... but not banning people that actually glitched the game? Holy ****.................
    edited November 2011
    Yeah I don't think I have this email.
    this one gets thrown in your spam folder.
    was mailed around Nov 18 i think

Wait a damn minute... they're banning people for a WEEK that got too many boxes cause they (as in PW) SCREWED UP YET AGAIN.... but not banning people that actually glitched the game? Holy ****.................
    pretty much
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011

It is because the players are exploiting a glitch that doesn't require anything from the boutique.

The FC exploit was an exception because it required charms/Hyper EXP/anything else gold can buy.

There is a difference.

Right GMs? :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    from what i read they didn't even realize they glitched it.... the chests. They hit the button and the site kepts sending chests multiple times...... What would u do if u got 300 chests instead of 5? Tell a GM or jsut open them? lmao

PW, ya need to take your heads outta your butts. >.<
  • andrescornejo1
    andrescornejo1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The glitch worked by pressing the Submit button again before the transaction was finalized on their end. So if things were bogged down and the page wasn't updating you could press it again, sending a new "valid" request for the item. You could spam click it and get it to glitch even if the system wasn't lagging much.

Was an easy way to stock up on Blessings, same glitch had been working there for ages. Funny how a minor glitch that didn't drastically affect anything was slammed down with such punishment.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011

So;

Quoted for Truth
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    PWI? Webpage glitches? Unnecessary bannings? Can't be ....
    edited November 2011
    yeah this is what i mean by improvement on customer services >.> the technical stuff that need chinese confirmation is bearable.
  • Azealiacia - Archosaur
    Azealiacia - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    PWI is going down if they are 1 week banning for some stupid glitch they is THEIR fault. lmao, funny too. Who do they think didn't glitch? They gonna be laughin when they ban all the CS'ers for a week and they all go on strike and say "**** YOU PWI! IM DONE BUYING ZHEN!" you watch, PWI is goin down now. Smart plan PWI, punish your members for YOUR stupid mistake.
    It's the end of PWI as we know it. Packs going to 50 cents jumped our economy up to 1mil per gold. It's over for non-cashoppers.
  • silentsurender
    silentsurender Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seriously... this has got to be the worst Idea PWI has ever come up with LOL ban your players for using a glitch that doesnt even give them money! oh sure, abuse JFC to get to lvl 105 and put urself ahead of the game, but don't ban them for getting 1% exp, untradeable pets, mysterious chips (possibly) socket stones x 2 (possibly) and a posiblity at 30 minute buffs!!! which are like having a barb and cleric around! BIG FKING DEAL b:laugh they gonna lose 90% of their players, you watch.
  • pwicash2
    pwicash2 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2011

So;

Agreed. Funny too, I clicked the link 1 time and still ended up with lots of chests.