Venomancer Advice!

beanerzsuck
beanerzsuck Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
Hey guys, I'm new to perfect world. So I am a light armor venomancer and I have some questions about them... First of all, how can I command my pet to normally attack? Whenever i press alt+1, my pet would always use the skill (bash) first, then continue normal attacking, but how do i make it only normal attack? Second, since I am a light armor veno, does that mean i will be using mage skill tree only? I don't want to be completely short ranged so can someone give me a good skill build? Thank you guys so much!
Post edited by beanerzsuck on

Comments

• Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hmm... what I did for the pet attack thingy

Press K
    Scroll down to "Pet Attack"
    highlight it and change it to another key

"i" and "0"(zero) are ones I have used. apply and confirm :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    To have it only use normal attacks, right click the active skill (bash in your case) to turn off the yellow outline around it. (Most useful for eldergoths and cactopods so they use their ranged attacks, or when you don't want your pet to get aggro.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • beanerzsuck
    beanerzsuck Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    To have it only use normal attacks, right click the active skill (bash in your case) to turn off the yellow outline around it. (Most useful for eldergoths and cactopods so they use their ranged attacks, or when you don't want your pet to get aggro.)

Omg! thank you so much! ^_____^
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Omg! thank you so much! ^_____^

Small note, start changing your stat build to Arcane, Light Armour is the worst possible gear for a veno out of the three. Good luck :)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    just right click on back and it will deselect it. but also, like suggested above, press K to open the hotkey map. find "pet attack" and set it to a different key for more easily telling your pet to go attack.

as for skills, you can learn all the skills available, eventually. probably when your in the 70-80s you can learn every skill and about high 80s-low 90s you can max them all. but mostly as a light armor build you would be using the magic skills, but also have the accuracy to use the fox skills too if you are in a situation where you need more defense. its just that the fox skill tree wont be as strong in dmg as the magic tree.

if you love light armor then keep with it. dont let anyone change your mind for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm new to perfect world. So I am a light armor venomancer

lol b:chuckle lol
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And what ever you do, disregard anything these 2 say about builds and armor.

tfi2f wrote: »
    Small note, start changing your stat build to Arcane, Light Armour is the worst possible gear for a veno out of the three. Good luck :)
    thumbs wrote: »
    lol b:chuckle lol
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And what ever you do, disregard anything these 2 say about builds and armor.

lol...
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, LA is fine if you don't care to be great at soloing with a SOLO class, and don't mind mooching off your party (unless they're fail too).
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    As much as I go by the "Play the way you like to play, do what makes you happy, it's a game" state of mind - especially with perfect world...

Don't do light armor, the longer you go on with it the more you'll need to spend on restat notes when you hit the end.

The extra physical defense will be amazing at first - so if you can afford to restat later on you should definitely go for it.

The main thing is that honestly, light armor is an outdated build. It used to be great - especially for venos who can get even more of a p-def boost from it by going into foxform.
    However now it's just.. outdated.

The bonus of light armor = more hp from refines, more physical defense from base gear stats.

PvE as Light Armor = You shouldnt be trying to tank anything, as your pet should have the aggro most of the time. Your damage and healing ability will be gimped from all the points being pumped from magic to dex and str. It's not efficient and will make soloing things such as TT and FC bosses difficult - even with a well refined weapon.

PvP as Light Armor = Extra defense will be great for fighting things like sins and bms. But regardless of your pdef they will eventually own you. Your hits won't be hard enough - and although you might get a few extra crit% it won't be worth it or noticeable.

Light armor used to be thought of as a great way to get some extra hp and pdef on an arcane class.
    Nowadays it's thought of as lousy pdef and lousy mdef.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    depends on how far you are willing to go...

it is still a working build if you have money for example :

http://pwcalc.com/f6aa244a40539afd
    (without sharding)

at least on this server that would cost less than going full R9

only difference is you would probably lean more towards physical damage and stay in fox form mostly.

When the company finally does release some type of instance that you are able to farm again outside of rank gear which they will have to eventually (perhaps 4 months down the line) everything should be relevant again anyway.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    depends on how far you are willing to go...

it is still a working build if you have money for example :

http://pwcalc.com/f6aa244a40539afd
    (without sharding)

at least on this server that would cost less than going full R9

only difference is you would probably lean more towards physical damage and stay in fox form mostly.

When the company finally does release some type of instance that you are able to farm again outside of rank gear which they will have to eventually (perhaps 4 months down the line) everything should be relevant again anyway.

why on earth will you go LA if you already have r9?

kinda dumb actually ijs

edit: and this comes from an LA veno
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    why dont u go for someting like this?

http://pwcalc.com/3e1c19faf3ec8689

much cheaper then r9 and u have decent def with nice damage output
  • _Alcmena_ - Sanctuary
    _Alcmena_ - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I was LA until I hit 90 then I reset to pure mag AA. LA isn't a bad thing don't ever let anyone change your mind you do what you want to and play how you want to play. LA takes a lot of work and practice. Just choose what you want to do and stick with it b:laughb:victory
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LA for any magic class was viable BEFORE anni packs came along and gave us a way to get decent magic gear

ijs
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hmm... what I did for the pet attack thingy

Press K
    Scroll down to "Pet Attack"
    highlight it and change it to another key

"i" and "0"(zero) are ones I have used. apply and confirm :P

This is better because you only need to press one key and will give you more control over your pet.
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    LA for any magic class was viable BEFORE anni packs came along and gave us a way to get decent magic gear

ijs

Crappier healing, higher costs for cleric. Crappier healing can cause squad wipes which are set backs.

Crappier healing, higher costs for veno. Crappier healing removes ability to solo some bosses, and cuts into kill time as if less matk isn't enough on it's own.

Wizard can typically solo mobs w/o getting hit, but you remove that ability. More time getting hit, more hits per kill, more heals needed; you might as well just throw money away.

NO: LA is and was **** for any mage regardless of anni packs.
  • Tabbycat - Harshlands
    Tabbycat - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    Yeah, LA is fine if you don't care to be great at soloing with a SOLO class, and don't mind mooching off your party (unless they're fail too).

b:lipcurl LA venos cant solo anything o.O Since when? Im perfectly capable of soloing tyvm. I can solo tts, fbs, bhs, mini bosses,etc. I am capable of being a solo class as a LA veno. Just because its different than the norm for a veno, doesnt mean its not effective. Btw, i dont "mooch" off my squad members. They have to keep up with me in instances. So before you start judging La or la/aa venos try them out first and then you can give the said statement.

@OP: just right click the skill u dont want your pet to use. It should be surrounded by a solid yellow line and when u unclick it, the yellow line should go away.

With regards to being sage or demon for a la veno, you choose. As a LA veno your gear doesnt define your culti path unlike HA and HA/AA venos(most go sage bc of fox form skills). Look at the benefits of each path and figure out which one you like best.
    Im a pretty veno
    Short and sexy
    here is my tail
    and my ears are pointy
    When i get all pissed off
    hear me shout,
    Ill **** ur **** up and knock you out b:pleased
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    b:lipcurl LA venos cant solo anything o.O Since when? Im perfectly capable of soloing tyvm. I can solo tts, fbs, bhs, mini bosses,etc. I am capable of being a solo class as a LA veno. Just because its different than the norm for a veno, doesnt mean its not effective. Btw, i dont "mooch" off my squad members. They have to keep up with me in instances. So before you start judging La or la/aa venos try them out first and then you can give the said statement.

Didn't say you couldn't solo: "if you don't care to be great at soloing"

Solo Xenospace Drake with at or below a +10 rank 8 weapon, likewise do a ~15m card boss run in Eden and get back to me.