Barbs look here

Options
CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Barbarian
I was reading some barb posts as i some times do and noticed something intresting,

most people say level this skill or that skill to 1-2-3 ( but not max)

on MY barb i basically have leveled everything to max except for firestorm

why SHOULDN'T you level all your skills?

most i decided i liked are now book learned :-)

long live the sage barb :-)
19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
Post edited by CrusherJam - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

You should level every skill. It's just that at one point people spent a lot more time in every level bracket and didn't have enough spirit to keep all their skills up to date. Basically the guides are there to prioritize which skills to learn assuming the reader will actually play the game at each level instead of skipping from 1-40, then 40-50, etc. and then racking up 40mil spirit once they get to 100.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think if you are a traditional barb (especially considering your sage) it would be stupid for you not to max every skill. At least well thats what i did anyway but this was before tideborn update if i rememer correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People did this way back in the day and I believe most only did it with Aclarity, every other skill should be maxed, but then again so should Aclarity. It was simple, at level 7 if cancelled Pole or Nub's magic attack as soon as it cooled down you would mash it again and basically was a auto-timed cancelling system for people that couldn't obviously pay enough attention to their skills and the mobs they were attacking.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you don't need to lvl useless skills like stomp of the beast king or firestorm at the beginin, if you don't have money and spirit (low lvls never got enought spirit) just lvl the most usefull skills like roar, buffs, and flesh ream/alacrity. other skills like BO, arma, sunder are not so usefull at early game. when you get 90+ you'll get a lot of exp/ spirit for these other skills...

i've got all skills demon as soon as i got demon culti 2, just waiting pwi release the swimming mastery demon b:laugh
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I was reading some barb posts as i some times do and noticed something intresting,

most people say level this skill or that skill to 1-2-3 ( but not max)

on MY barb i basically have leveled everything to max except for firestorm

most i decided i liked are now book learned :-)

long live the sage barb :-)

Back in the day of poor barbs, we used to prioritize which skills to level. Over time most skills (if not all of them) get leveled to 10 and eventually 11. (I still have firestorm at lvl6...I think I use it once in a very long while...waste of a spark IMO.)

And yes, I'm a sage-non-claw barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I personally left all the humanoid skills at lvl 1 (except penetrate armour), then put them in a nice repeatable combo, so I'd have really low MP cost skills that would be a bit faster than regular attacks with dual axes. They also did slightly more damage than regular hits, but I mainly used them because they ended up being faster than regular hits (especially for building chi).

Now I've maxed them... pretty much because it looked neater rather than for functionality, although I do enjoy using a couple of them for fun.
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I am just wondering... the attack skills are a bit slower than my duel hammers, so, if I reach a point where my non-skill attacks are doin enough damage, (using 2 or 3 star hammers, 2 stones, and refined to a minimum +6) will I actually kill the critters quicker by not using the attack skills? I've only been doin a Barb for a couple months now (love it though) and I am only lvl 76. I got a ways to go and have a lot more to learn.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I am just wondering... the attack skills are a bit slower than my duel hammers, so, if I reach a point where my non-skill attacks are doin enough damage, (using 2 or 3 star hammers, 2 stones, and refined to a minimum +6) will I actually kill the critters quicker by not using the attack skills? I've only been doin a Barb for a couple months now (love it though) and I am only lvl 76. I got a ways to go and have a lot more to learn.

Yes you will kill a bit more quickly, but it's not worth refining weapons/gear until lvl90 or so. Personally I prefer using tiger form, and devour, regular attack until mob is dead....or devour, frighten, sunder, surf impact regular attacks until mobs are dead. (Always have bestial rage building your chi when grinding groups and you'll rarely run out of chi.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is suggested not to lvl up all skills every time u reach the lvl require since u only need some of them as priority... When U reach lvl 100 u can lvl anything u want
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yes you will kill a bit more quickly, but it's not worth refining weapons/gear until lvl90 or so. Personally I prefer using tiger form, and devour, regular attack until mob is dead....or devour, frighten, sunder, surf impact regular attacks until mobs are dead. (Always have bestial rage building your chi when grinding groups and you'll rarely run out of chi.)

So, I would be better storing up on shards/orbs until I reach 90, and then make my own gear and refine/socket it?

Also, how many times, on average, would you have to make an item until you get a 3* one?

Yes, I know I sound n00bish, but I have only been playing for a few months, and there is a LOT to learn here and I am leveling my Barb fast lol (hit 77 today, probably reach 78, maybe even 79 if I feel like grinding tomorrow)
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So, I would be better storing up on shards/orbs until I reach 90, and then make my own gear and refine/socket it?

Also, how many times, on average, would you have to make an item until you get a 3* one?

Yes, levelling is waaaaay too fast nowadays so you'll outgrow anything that u refine rather quickly. Id only start refining at 90 and then too to a +5 at the max. svae for the 99 and later gears.

Really after lvl70 theres not much that u need to rely on 3 stars for (maybe jewelry at the most). Theres TT gear and molds flying around.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats the thing, I dont know all this stuff about different forges, TT and stuff. I'm that new. Question, I can get my shards back somehow if I get higher level gear? I already know about the needed stuff to transfer refinement. (why let it go to waste lol)

This is the same guy who was askin these questions, finally figured how to change my avatar on this forum... a bit different than the two motorcycle forums I do lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats the thing, I dont know all this stuff about different forges, TT and stuff. I'm that new. Question, I can get my shards back somehow if I get higher level gear? I already know about the needed stuff to transfer refinement. (why let it go to waste lol)

This is the same guy who was askin these questions, finally figured how to change my avatar on this forum... a bit different than the two motorcycle forums I do lol

You can't get your shards back after you use them.

I'd advise looking in the dungeon section of these forums about Twilight Temple. It's basically a dungeon where the bosses drop materials required for gear lvl 60 - 100. There are common materials dropped by the mobs, green materials dropped by bosses and rare gold materials rarely dropped by some bosses. These materials can be made into items in the south west of archosaur. There are several big cooking pots where you can turn molds and twilight temple materials into gear.
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Guides tell you things like Sage BO shouldnt be learned for a reason sometimes b:sad