is f2p even possible anymore?

DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear
DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
soo... it seems to me pwi is doing there best to make it p2p, well not all of us can offerd that, so prices are dropping, so farming is becoming harder, merchanting is becoming harder because pwi is trying there damn right best to stop it, whats the options? how do we earn money anymore? any ideas?
Post edited by DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Be smart and find a way to make money and learn to adapt to new ways.

I was the same as you when fairy boxes disappeared from solo TT, since it was my main income pretty much. But I found a new way to make cash that earns me nearly the same per day.
    It's just a matter of being smart b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i dont do anything in game except stand around, pick up keys, and do bh 1... and i make on average 5-10 mil a week. (from drops in bh and rewards from bh 1) and i do bh 1 on 2 level 100 characters (just fyi)
    this is more than enough to be f2p

edit: you wont get things as fast as people who p2p BUT... it is called patience
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    yes, its possible, it just takes work
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It is possible, only advantage csers have is time, they can get whatever they want almost in an instant, you can still farm, grind, or be a merchant, I only wasted approx 60 $ on this game before I learned how to be a successful merchant (only played around in auction house), it`s easy, you just need to know prices and take advantage of the market/other people who under-price stuff.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    soo... it seems to me pwi is doing there best to make it p2p, well not all of us can offerd that, so prices are dropping, so farming is becoming harder, merchanting is becoming harder because pwi is trying there damn right best to stop it, whats the options? how do we earn money anymore? any ideas?

can try selling FC.. i trired it but always get extra bored wen i reach 2n boss lol
    Bahamas represent
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    can try selling FC.. i trired it but always get extra bored wen i reach 2n boss lol

especially when there isn't goons to look forward to, right?

because you already gooned yourself to 105. Total yawnfest now.

lolimad
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The only thing that has happened is that things have been scaled up.

You now need a lot more coin to buy the same stuff. Similarly, you also need more funds to survive any ridiculous sales they might make, like the ones this week.

But once you clear those conditions, it's no different than it was a year ago.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well considering I've funded a 4APS BM 100% f2p I'd say so o.o Currently farming the cash to get enough D Orb 1*s to make 4 7 star orbs, after that I'll just kinda farm every now and again and help guildies until 2x comes, then I'll farm out Nirvana pants and be 5APS then work on +10ing them then.. then.. *sigh* I have way too much to do, I wish I could cs b:surrender
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    especially when there isn't goons to look forward to, right?

because you already gooned yourself to 105. Total yawnfest now.

lolimad

Awwwwww!!!! i ain know where the Goons come in but if that what sail ya boat keep sailing an stop acting like a hater....
    Bahamas represent
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Awwwwww!!!! i ain know where the Goons come in but if that what sail ya boat keep sailing an stop acting like a hater....
    It's not changing the fact, you are cheater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This game is far from p2p. In fact, as long as you farm, it PAYS YOU to play it.

The best farmers can bring in an average of up to $2 an hour. That's over 2 million coins/hour at current gold prices.

The only reason to CS is to avoid farming/save time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    >< lets not change this thread into a goon QQ thread...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    It's not changing the fact, you are cheater.

LoL every 105 you guys see yal assume all used glitch so it don't reven make sense saying anything cause at tha end of tha day yal gonna believe what yal want to.... So am fine with what ever ya wanna call me..b:pleased
    Bahamas represent
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LoL every 105 you guys see yal assume all used glitch so it don't reven make sense saying anything cause at tha end of tha day yal gonna believe what yal want to.... So am fine with what ever ya wanna call me..b:pleased
    No. I have no problem with few 105 sins, because they did it before. Every another 105 class is just cheater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011

I know of 3 or 4 legitimate 105s. If you would like to put forward your proof showing that you did it without glitching, I'm sure many people would be more than happy to retract their statements.

Probably over 90% of the most recent 100+s used the glitch, and they know who they are. I can only hope that the punishment fits the "crime", so to speak.

As that conversation is now officially over ('cuz I said so, there!), it is possible to play F2P. Difficult, yes. Possible, very much so.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    No. I have no problem with few 105 sins, because they did it before. Every another 105 class is just cheater.

LoL..i hear that well as tha man said lets end that right there..cause this tread is about something toatally different..
    Bahamas represent
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is it possible to start right now and play F2P? Sure.

What you need to ask yourself is, what kind of affect will you have during your game play with other players.

I think someone can have fun in this game with many people providing they don't think they will have a rats chance in hell to compete with someone who is CSing their roof off their home.

You could also get away with F2P if you get lots of help from people who are already Geared up the Cazoo to assist you on your way up the great tree of EPeeness.

In the end, there is more than enough substance in this game to enjoy playing it. But this really is determined by what your end destination is.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Is F2P possible? Yes.

Is it worth the effort and time? Your call, my opinion is a definite no though, you can spend your personal time more wisely imo...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Is F2P possible? Yes.

Is it worth the effort and time? Your call, my opinion is a definite no though, you can spend your personal time more wisely imo...

in my opinion... if something isnt worth your time lol then it definitely isnt worth your money b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you want to be ranked up there as one of "the best", f2p may prove quite frustrating. It's really all about your mindset though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Is F2P possible? Yes.

I make plenty of coin while i am at work, and while i sleep

its not very hard to learn how to merchant, and as long as you have a computer you can keep on all day, you can play this game totally f2p

i started merchanting with 3 million coins, and by the time i hit level 100, i will have enough for my endgame gear
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    or you can switch your style of play into roleplay o.o and forget about competing = less money spent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2011
    I make plenty of coin while i am at work, and while i sleep

its not very hard to learn how to merchant, and as long as you have a computer you can keep on all day, you can play this game totally f2p

i started merchanting with 3 million coins, and by the time i hit level 100, i will have enough for my endgame gear

That's fine, I'm just not the type of person to have a computer on solely for making coin in a MMO.

I've also merchant loads of coins in the past, and I'm really not impressed by it, it's easy, but boring and even annoying at times. I rather just use my resources for other things daily life gives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2011

er, 3 years ago called. they want their post back.
    edited November 2011
    That's fine, I'm just not the type of person to have a computer on solely for making coin in a MMO.

I've also merchant loads of coins in the past, and I'm really not impressed by it, it's easy, but boring and even annoying at times. I rather just use my resources for other things daily life gives.

well, granted, it can be boring, if you do it on your main, and not an alt, and you obsess all day over it, instead of just setting it, and coming back a while later

though in truth, i actually find it kinda fun, but thats just me, i enjoy trying to understand the markets, and making money off it
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    well, granted, it can be boring, if you do it on your main, and not an alt, and you obsess all day over it, instead of just setting it, and coming back a while later

though in truth, i actually find it kinda fun, but thats just me, i enjoy trying to understand the markets, and making money off it

After a while it gets so boring that you are a lot happier when you are broke instead of being rich and buying new stuff to sell and rinse and repeaat, never-ending cycle of a merchant. b:surrender
    edited November 2011
    After a while it gets so boring that you are a lot happier when you are broke instead of being rich and buying new stuff to sell and rinse and repeaat, never-ending cycle of a merchant. b:surrender

been doing it for about 10 months so far, and no indication of that happening yet, so im good b:pleased
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It became harder to just f2p and discourages a few, like me..

The company decided to focus a lot more on cash shoppers lately and took almost every means out for casual gamers to make money..

- Fairy boxes out of TT

- Indefinite rep sale making all cash shoppers go R8-R9 not caring anymore about that lazy green mat u want to try to sell.

- Chips and badges out of DQ page, making less people want to buy DQ items.

- More people farm herbs for apo, making routes harder to planify.

Granted, bh1 can pay more, for lvl 100+, but how about those not yet at that level ? People started to care less about crafting skills even so mats seems to be less in demand as well.

Subs reached a extremly low price.

so yeah, to remain f2p, you need to start using a lot ur imagination if u ever plan to buy yourself a Pan Gu Tome or soemthing in that value ...

b:surrender
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited November 2011
    Honestly, I do not have the desire to have excessive money, I'm at the point where I log on to chat in WC non-sense and buying stuff that doesn't improve my gears.

Vanity > Gear.

I can solo anything for quick coin, and I have a constant mirage celestone income on 2 characters due to excessive fairy boxes from the last 2x, plus having a few stacks of 99 keys for Nirvana. I'm just waiting for a 2x, then I'll play just a "bit more."

If they do 3x however, I will force myself to become addicted to farming. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2011
    well granted, once i have enough for the gear i want, i doubt i would more then dabble in merchanting, as it has no use

but then again, i dont feel like i am halfway to having the coin i need for endgame, so that provides the motivation to continue

i do get your point of view though
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ