[Server Maintenance Tonight] 11-20-2011 [COMPLETE]

12346»

Comments

• monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Servers are up. Thanks for your patience once again.

b:thanks
  • _Suicide - Dreamweaver
    _Suicide - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Servers are up. Thanks for your patience once again.

b:thanks

b:victory woot we can play again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol i was doing fcc heads when they went down rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I know maintenance is a good thing - we've all seen what it was like without decent maintenance.

But a 30-minute warning for "some text change"?

On a Sunday night?

I understand when they're must-fix issues and we're totally glad to see them fixed. But we're talking about "some text change" and a naming inconsistency issue.

Had to get that outta my system...

Glad to see servers back on though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Attempted - Harshlands
    Attempted - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:cry I got red butterfly from E-Mail redeem code but whyyy is it so ugly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look here, we all in
    Everyone is a target
    Teetering on insanity, reasonin' with the heartless
  • torog71
    torog71 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yessss ... b:victory
  • temptress666
    temptress666 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    nice fracking warning... 20 minutes b4 u do it..... this can't wait till normal time 48 hours from now?

IKR!!! An 2 HRS?!! Who fell asleep? lol 8D
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Im hoping facebook is down cuz their going to add a Smith's Blessing of +30 defense levels.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • stealthxbomber
    stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i was in lunar now give me 3m back
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about the short notice, but servers will be going down tonight from 11pm PST until 1am PST.

Patch Notes Version 586
    Released November 21, 2011

Items
    The Mold: Shinguards of Ashura have been renamed to Mold: Genie Shins for consistency.

Misc
    Implemented some text changes for upcoming holiday events.

how do you call "short notice" posting the notice 43 mins after the maint was supposed to start? imo you would make your customers a lot happier with consistent maint on the same day with plenty of notice.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    its possible that this update is to prepare some stuff for the regular tuesday stuff

or they were bored, idk
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    how do you call "short notice" posting the notice 43 mins after the maint was supposed to start? imo you would make your customers a lot happier with consistent maint on the same day with plenty of notice.

u must suck at reading.... esp time stamps on posts...... He posted it 18 (roughly 20) minutes before it started. >.< And no, the forum isn't an hour behind this half of the year.

And the post at the top of this page is exactly the kind of thing alot of people were ticked about, although that to a extreme. That person lost 3 mil thnx to the ****ty warning.....
  • babaaaaaaaa
    babaaaaaaaa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    anyone knows where did IP notice go?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    anyone knows where did IP notice go?

That's been gone for a few weeks, due to some players being concerned that someone might see their IP address.
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It's amazing, so many people can figure out how to log onto a web site, download a massive game and successfully work through updates necessary to log onto their account.

Yet, they freak out when the game must be shut down for "off scheduled" maintenance. Did it ever occur to these whine *****, perhaps the techs discovered a threat to servers and need to address it immediately, for the good of all? Perhaps they discovered something in the game code that required an immediate address?

There are so many "possible" issues, from a technical aspect of the game that is beyond the comprehension of 99.99% of the players, that only know how to click a mouse button and push a few keyboard buttons.

Grow up and quit complaining! Unless shutting down servers is to do an update, allowing enrage fails to pk noobs again!

You know what I love about those Enrage fails, who pk'd noobs in SP? Not one of them had to suffer through that, when THEY were low level. Yet they had the audacity to abuse anyone that complained about it!

Enragers (and other fails) that took pleasure in SP squatting, you really impressed the entire pwi population. You rock!!
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    IDk if you actually read anything on here or you're just blabbering for the sake of it... but we were complaining cause they gave like ZERO warning. Alot of people lost money in runs they couldn't finish... etc etc etc. On a update that could've easily waited till tonight at a normal time.

There was NO emergency with this...... unless they're not telling us something (again....).

As for the other half of your post.... what does that have to do with this?
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Will there be 2x Drops soon? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    as it's been said over and over and over and over... NO ONE KNOWS TILL THEY ANNOUNCE IT, AND NO THEY WON"T TELL YOU TILL THEN.