New Wizard Skill

PheosNyx - Sanctuary
PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Wizard
So I've seen the video for our new skill and Asterelle said something about it being a "turn-back-time" skill. Since I dont read Chinese, I have no idea what that does. But! Because the other classes have a thread like this I wanted to start one:

What would be a good idea for a new skill (or a modded old skill) for wizard (within reason)? We really lack controls (especially sages) so I know that it would be a plus to have more stuns or seals.

Personally I'd like to see the damage taken off of Undine Strike (so you could debuff without waking), see Whisper last longer, and sage FoW have a wider aoe. Also would like to see sage wellspring quaff double our current attack range instead of adding 100% wep damage (which sucks worse than single spark). As for new skills I'd like one more viable pvp aoe (maybe with a burn) [since I dont DB or ember as a sage in TW]).
Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
Post edited by PheosNyx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So I've seen the video for our new skill and Asterelle said something about it being a "turn-back-time" skill. Since I dont read Chinese, I have no idea what that does. But! Because the other classes have a thread like this I wanted to start one:

What would be a good idea for a new skill (or a modded old skill) for wizard (within reason)? We really lack controls (especially sages) so I know that it would be a plus to have more stuns or seals.

Personally I'd like to see the damage taken off of Undine Strike (so you could debuff without waking), see Whisper last longer, and sage FoW have a wider aoe. Also would like to see sage wellspring quaff double our current attack range instead of adding 100% wep damage (which sucks worse than single spark). As for new skills I'd like one more viable pvp aoe (maybe with a burn) [since I dont DB or ember as a sage in TW]).

I horribly agree with the damage taken off of undine, and to have more control skills. There's a few things I do disagree with though. Making a wider AOE and doubling attack with wellspring would imbalance the two paths imo. Instead, both paths should get a defense skill within reason, such as (reducing damage by 20% or so for x seconds.)
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    I can see what you mean about the sage thing being crazy xD; Just sayin that I think the wellspring sage effect is srsly dumb z_z; o.o I do like the reduce damage idea, kind of like archer Wings of Grace (immune 3 sec, antistun, move faster, reduce damage by 30% costs 1 spark). o_o That would make wizards even more pwn because we wouldn't shatter upon impact xD
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Maybe the new skill is a non-target aoe like edged blur that also purifies and makes you stun immune. b:pleased Ok, ok, let me dream :/
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Dream away xD
  • masiniukas
    masiniukas Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i don't get anyhting, u want to say that soon to wizzies will be added a new skill?
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    DB - have it give a defense level increase while in use.

Emberstorm - give the damage an added DoT effect, and greatly reduce the channeling time on it.

As for new, maybe a reflect skill, like psychic's soul of vengeance.
  • masiniukas
    edited November 2011
    and when these skills will emerge?
  • Nalfien_ - Sanctuary
    Nalfien_ - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    heres the link to the pw-cn site where they have a vid of the new skill

http://w2i.wanmei.com/#mifachuanshuo_2

by the looks of it, it will probably be an offensive skill maybe dealing a DoT.
  • masiniukas
    edited November 2011
    lol this skill won't belong to the old school skills. it smthg of new series.
  • Questro - Lost City
    Questro - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    heres the link to the pw-cn site where they have a vid of the new skill

http://w2i.wanmei.com/#mifachuanshuo_2

look like a new fire spell. With genie spark, dont we have enough damage already. I would prefer something like this more.

Immune to movement debuff for 3-4 second. Cost 10-15 chi, instant, cooldown 1 minute.
    A crit from Archer usually hurt but a crit from wiz usually mean death.
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Questro has a good idea - that's very similar to demon summer sprint and it is very within reason. The new skill is pretty at least xD
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    seemed to have moderate channel/cast time. maybe equivalent to pyro or gush. would be cool if it added a chance stun for us sages. and it would make the demon path that much more control oriented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nalfien_ - Sanctuary
    Nalfien_ - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    that's very similar to demon summer sprint and it is very within reason.

you might be on to something with the summer sprint idea, so many times ive rolled up on my squad in FCC or some other instance where they are already knee deep in half dead mobs before i can get a spell off...curse our slow walking speed b:surrender
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Ever since Seekers joined with their mobile AoE I thought itd be cool to have one for Wizards. Like this :

:

Range requires no target.
    Mana 2000
    Channel 6 seconds
    Cooldown 180.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad / Aware of the Myriad
    Infuse your Elemental Shell with all your magic and cause it to radiate its power.
    All enemies within 10m suffer constant damage of your current Shell Element. If no Shell is active, the skill will activate Stone Barrier without consuming Chi and continue.
    Consumes 1200 Mana every 2 seconds, inflicting elemental damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 250% of weapon damage plus 5000 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. Movement speed will be increased by 50% for the duration of the skill, all other skills will be placed under cooldown upon cast. Your current Barrier will be dispelled once the skill ends, speed will be slowed by 50% for the next 15 seconds.

Consumes 3 sparks.

Methinks itd be good :p The massive MP cost and sparks consumption combined with the cooldown and lack of any control effect (People would be able to walk right out, assuming they didnt die) would be good checks imo. Plus the dispelled barrier leaves you open after its over and everything being on CD when you start it means aside undine people WILL get a few seconds to gtfo and wont be stopped by a spark pot MS.

Great for TW and well coordinated group PvP (+PvE) but not something youll be able to pull out for soloing unless you want to aggravate every assassin within a 10 metre radius.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • rollerpig
    rollerpig Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Ever since Seekers joined with their mobile AoE I thought itd be cool to have one for Wizards. Like this :

:

Range requires no target.
    Mana 2000
    Channel 6 seconds
    Cooldown 180.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Myriad / Aware of the Myriad
    Infuse your Elemental Shell with all your magic and cause it to radiate its power.
    All enemies within 10m suffer constant damage of your current Shell Element. If no Shell is active, the skill will activate Stone Barrier without consuming Chi and continue.
    Consumes 1200 Mana every 2 seconds, inflicting elemental damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 250% of weapon damage plus 5000 every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. Movement speed will be increased by 50% for the duration of the skill, all other skills will be placed under cooldown upon cast. Your current Barrier will be dispelled once the skill ends, speed will be slowed by 50% for the next 15 seconds.

Consumes 3 sparks.

Methinks itd be good :p The massive MP cost and sparks consumption combined with the cooldown and lack of any control effect (People would be able to walk right out, assuming they didnt die) would be good checks imo. Plus the dispelled barrier leaves you open after its over and everything being on CD when you start it means aside undine people WILL get a few seconds to gtfo and wont be stopped by a spark pot MS.

Great for TW and well coordinated group PvP (+PvE) but not something youll be able to pull out for soloing unless you want to aggravate every assassin within a 10 metre radius.

No
    No
    No
    Not wasting 3 fury points for what sounds like another Damage over time skill that causes a mage to die, expescially considering Ice dragon strike gives more damage.
    No.
    edited November 2011
    rollerpig wrote: »
    No
    No
    No
    Not wasting 3 fury points for what sounds like another Damage over time skill that causes a mage to die, expescially considering Ice dragon strike gives more damage.
    No.

Did you even read it? itl rack up more damage in 10 seconds than Bids with, with a chance to crit everytime, you are still mobile and after a few seconds you can start spamming skills, harder ones (they have a longer CD, obv) the closer you are to ending the AoE. Sages would be able to rack up the chi (from 399) to do pretty much anything after it was over they needed to.

Noone is going to come near you, you cannot AD for 20 seconds and even an assassins Deaden Nerves and Focused Mind will have trouble dealing with the repeated damage. Combined with any antistun pot/skill you liked (remember Seal wouldnt be much concern) youd have an amzing TW / group skill. Just dont use it like a ******.

but w/e, it was just an idea and we know those go nowhere.

Perhaps an idea youd like however :

Letmewinskill

requires no target

1 second channel
    1 second cast
    10 second cooldown

No MP cost

Outburst:

Deals Base + 1000% weapon damage + 34000 Soulburn-like to all enemies within 35 metres.

costs 10 chi

Would that work for you? Wouldnt require any mind to use, is completely overpowered (Double Lv11 BIDS iirc) and doesnt waste precious your BIDS chi.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • rollerpig
    edited November 2011
    Did you even read it? itl rack up more damage in 10 seconds than Bids with, with a chance to crit everytime, you are still mobile and after a few seconds you can start spamming skills, harder ones (they have a longer CD, obv) the closer you are to ending the AoE. Sages would be able to rack up the chi (from 399) to do pretty much anything after it was over they needed to.

Noone is going to come near you, you cannot AD for 20 seconds and even an assassins Deaden Nerves and Focused Mind will have trouble dealing with the repeated damage. Combined with any antistun pot/skill you liked (remember Seal wouldnt be much concern) youd have an amzing TW / group skill. Just dont use it like a ******.

but w/e, it was just an idea and we know those go nowhere.

Perhaps an idea youd like however :

Letmewinskill

requires no target

1 second channel
    1 second cast
    10 second cooldown

No MP cost

Outburst:

Deals Base + 1000% weapon damage + 34000 Soulburn-like to all enemies within 35 metres.

costs 10 chi

Would that work for you? Wouldnt require any mind to use, is completely overpowered (Double Lv11 BIDS iirc) and doesnt waste precious your BIDS chi.

God, Stop acting like a pretentious know it all, it won't rack up more damage than with a Holy cryo crit- 250% of matk damage is 50% more than stone rain.

I'd prefer a survivability technique, preferably an antistun, so mages could still be behind the eight ball than other classes

Not to mention the fact EVERY skill goes on cool down means you die unless you can Earth Teleport immediately after.
    edited November 2011
    God, Stop acting like a pretentious know it all, it won't rack up more damage than with a Holy cryo crit- 250% of matk damage is 50% more than stone rain.

I'd prefer a survivability technique, preferably an antistun, so mages could still be behind the eight ball than other classes

Not to mention the fact EVERY skill goes on cool down means you die unless you can Earth Teleport immediately after.

Facepalm, multiple skills cooldown in 3 seconds, although some would be disabled for too long for not having used them, thats true. However, you know, alongside a BM and holy Path its not like you could use it to bomb squads and play the part of a very frightening distraction that absolutely HAS to be defended is there?

Plus it was just an idea, no need to take it so seriously.

omg sage bids, the be all and endall of wizard gameplay. Its not like it takes 2 sparks, is easily predicted, cancelled, Absolute Domained, Water Bubbled, Core Orbed (A personal fave, after Dew of Star), Deaden Nerved, Invoked, Aqua Flamed, Triple Sparked or simply kited. Oh, stealthed too. Lose your target at the wrong moment and its goodbye sparks hello no damage and one pissed Sin.

Additionally, stop using the wrong ****ing translation, youre going to make every newbie who looks at this forum get confused.

~ontopic.

Turning back time, perhaps it resets the cooldown on a bunch of skills while doing damage? Seekers have a 100 skill to do so I recall, so its not out of the programming capabilities.
  • khabibulin
    khabibulin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Facepalm, multiple skills cooldown in 3 seconds, although some would be disabled for too long for not having used them, thats true. However, you know, alongside a BM and holy Path its not like you could use it to bomb squads and play the part of a very frightening distraction that absolutely HAS to be defended is there?

Plus it was just an idea, no need to take it so seriously.

omg sage bids, the be all and endall of wizard gameplay. Its not like it takes 2 sparks, is easily predicted, cancelled, Absolute Domained, Water Bubbled, Core Orbed (A personal fave, after Dew of Star), Deaden Nerved, Invoked, Aqua Flamed, Triple Sparked or simply kited. Oh, stealthed too. Lose your target at the wrong moment and its goodbye sparks hello no damage and one pissed Sin.

Additionally, stop using the wrong ****ing translation, youre going to make every newbie who looks at this forum get confused.

~ontopic.

Turning back time, perhaps it resets the cooldown on a bunch of skills while doing damage? Seekers have a 100 skill to do so I recall, so its not out of the programming capabilities.
    I'm making you confused by the looks of it.

Every DD skill is like a 3 second cooldown, but if Earth Teleport and Blasting Point are on cooldown after a skill that can also be domained,and defended against, then a defensive capability would be better
    mages have two survivability skills, two that don't Deal damage and aren't buffs
    edited November 2011
    khabibulin wrote: »
    I'm making you confused by the looks of it.

Every DD skill is like a 3 second cooldown, but if Earth Teleport and Blasting Point are on cooldown after a skill that can also be domained,and defended against, then a defensive capability would be better
    mages have two survivability skills, two that don't Deal damage and aren't buffs

When did domain last 20 seconds? And tanking that sort of damage for 20 seconds ontop of additional DD would be difficult under any buff.

And you mean Distance Shrink and Force of Will. Stop using the wrong translation. Or do you spend all your life on a pserver that still uses it?
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The truth is, the skill you took time to make up is really creative and really cool.
    Although this is true, it doesn't help the balance of the classes at all. It's like giving a barb another reduce damage skill, or giving an archer a speed increasing skill. b:laugh
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why does it matter what skill we'd like to have? The only thing that matters is this new skill we'll apparently be getting.
    Does anybody know for sure what it does? Because we should be concentrating on how to use it in pvp, not making wish lists of control skills.
  • rollerpig
    edited November 2011
    Why does it matter what skill we'd like to have? The only thing that matters is this new skill we'll apparently be getting.
    Does anybody know for sure what it does? Because we should be concentrating on how to use it in pvp, not making wish lists of control skills.

some form of damage immune+Stun resist, and self purify, no fury cost
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    some form of damage immune+Stun resist, and self purify, no fury cost
    well on the video of the different skills it looks more like another fire attack skill but if it is a purify skill maybe the wizard class will finally be able to aoe grind effectively because there are many poison mobs for example the spiders which are a piece of cake for a cleric but are horrible for a wizard. Moreover in pvp this would finally give us the chance to counter soulburn or other nasty debuffs.

Nevertheless I doubt that adding 1 skill will be enough to even up the field in terms of pvp.

greetz harm0wnie
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Am I the only one that looked at the animation of the skill, and wanted to remind the devs that wizards are not seekers?
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ok so my friend told me about the new wiz skill. she checked a chinese site. i dont remember which site is it but she told me:

new wiz skill: leap back 40 meters(remove negative buff) cost 50 chi

idk whats the CD.. but i think gona be a really good skill. b:victory

i hope its true hehehe
  • rollerpig
    edited November 2011
    ok so my friend told me about the new wiz skill. she checked a chinese site. i dont remember which site is it but she told me:

i hope its true hehehe

something like that, it'll probably be a 79 skill, too :X
  • Ojji - Archosaur
    Ojji - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011

i hope its true hehehe

Is this skill a buff with a proc %? I dont recall seeing the wiz leap back in the vid.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    More than likely the devs will make 2-3 skills per class like they have in the past with 79 and 100 skills. Possibly more if this expansion is truly a rebalancing/old class update like how it seems it should be.

I still think the skill in the video appears to be a fire attack, (and yes it is very seeker looking lol), but I think there will likely be another wizard skill as well. I am uncertain of what the malaysian site says, but time will reveal further information :P.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • X_Rays - Sanctuary
    X_Rays - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Am I the only one that looked at the animation of the skill, and wanted to remind the devs that wizards are not seekers?

No, and neither are the other five original classes. The new skills are flashy but not pretty.
This discussion has been closed.