Does everyone agree with event gold updating?

Options
Alt_toon - Sanctuary
Alt_toon - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
In all honesty, event gold is not updated... lets say at all really since the tideborn expansion. Sure you have some good things in there, but why not update event gold too by adding more event items and slightly lowering the event gold prices? This could allow more gamers to be playing.

Also on another suggestion
There should be event gold that others can gain for the amount of event gold that makes people want to buy from dq rewards / token shop / etc. Like 5 event gold each card to 50 event gold each card, depending on how much the gamer actually wants to get. For example, game cards sell for $10, $20 and $25 in stores.
Post edited by Alt_toon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    would be nice to have more stuff to spend event gold on, especially some of the new fashions and the like, but i dont expect any changes soon
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sure, more items would be nice, but what's wrong with the prices? Isn't "Free" already free enough?

And I'm not sure that denominations below 50 are really necessary, since the stuff is already pretty easy to get. Simply doing the run-between-NPCs version of the Tiger Event each week has gotten me ~500 Event Gold, and I haven't even managed to use 1/3 of it up yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So long this update doesn't remove silver charms and refining aids, thats the only thing I use event gold for, yes sure. If they are going to remove anything then please leave it as it is.

If you give me to pick I will pick to leave as it is, because chances are that if PW touches something they will break it, so I'd prefer it to stay the way it is right now..
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    In all honesty, event gold is not updated... lets say at all really since the tideborn expansion. Sure you have some good things in there, but why not update event gold too by adding more event items and slightly lowering the event gold prices? This could allow more gamers to be playing.

Also on another suggestion
    There should be event gold that others can gain for the amount of event gold that makes people want to buy from dq rewards / token shop / etc. Like 5 event gold each card to 50 event gold each card, depending on how much the gamer actually wants to get. For example, game cards sell for $10, $20 and $25 in stores.

I agree that there should be more variety to choose from in the event boutique, but lowering the value of those items in there can have a negative impact on PWE's profits and the in game economy - just slightly due to the charms and refinement aids. If PWE decides to lower the sale price of these 2 item types in the real boutique in the future because their sales are bad, that might even increase gold prices.

There are many cash shoppers out there atm with over 1000 event gold thanks to the current D/S card give away bonus in the last couple of weeks. For these people, they now have seemly a limitless supply of hp charms. There are also some merchants who are buying gold to buy orbs to sell a a slightly lower market price, and repeating it just to stock up on event gold.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They'll update it... by removing charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The items available in the event boutique, and the prices, are totally fine. Though i like the idea of having event cards with smaller values, like 5 event gold for 5k DQ points. This would be especially useful for lower levels as they cannot farm 50k DQ points as fast as lvl 100+ players can. I'm pretty sure this would be pretty encouraging for the few new players that come to this game, and it wouldn't be bad to have some more of them staying.. look at the european servers and you will know what i'm talking about b:sweat