Leveling tips?

nixdragon
nixdragon Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
what is the fastest way to level (I'm at 25 right now) to at least 50 without Hyper?? I mean I keep grinding missions but it still takes me an eternity.
Post edited by nixdragon on

Comments

• Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    grind and do quests (it's still easy until you get to 55-60), you can power level and hyper or you can do oracles or buy a lot of scarlet fruits. on lvl30 you get daily quest crazy stone for nice xp and sp and on lvl40 you can start doing bounty hunter quests for nice xp and sp reward.
    good luck in playing b:victory
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    nixdragon wrote: »
    what is the fastest way to level (I'm at 25 right now) to at least 50 without Hyper?? I mean I keep grinding missions but it still takes me an eternity.

Don't do Dragon Quests.

Don't do **** quests like ones about helping NPCs fall in love with each other.

Do Crazy Stone every day, I think that starts at 30.

Do BH every day, that will rocket you up until around 70 when it starts to takes a couple of BHs per level.

The 40s go by quick if you stack BH29 and the Tideborn quests are like 2 free levels with the exp you get.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Aiate - Archosaur
    Aiate - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Oracle 2 3 4 5 6 quest very fast EXP
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Once you reach lvl 30, you can start doing Oracle I quests. Every five levels, a new Oracle quest becomes available to you.

Oracles are books that are once in a blue moon (read VERY rarely) are dropped by certain monsters. There are a few catshops that sell Oracles, usually for around 30k coin apice.

The other way to get Oracles is to make them at the Boutique Agent using Tokens of Luck. (you get a LOT of those buying packs from the Cash Shop)

I have done a TON of Oracle V's myself. Each Oracle V grants 13k coin, 22k EXP, and 5k spirit.

A note on this. You will probably want to get yourself a Guardian Charm. I recommend the Platnium, mainly because it lasts longer than the others. Those are on sale for only 2 gold right now. If you dont want to spend gold, you can usually find a catshop in Archasaur selling Guardian Platniums for around 3M on average. (goin rate, at least on the Raging Tide server, seems to be 2.5-3.5M)
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tideborn quest a level 40 will take you 40-45.
    There is no fast way to level without spending money on either hypers or oracles.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It does take an eternity without hypers or oracles. Although once you get to level 40 and can do BHs that helps a lot. Each Stacked BH gives you around 30% of a level so including Crazy Stone you can get a level per 2-3 days.

Don't believe the people that boast that they got to 60 in a week without hypers. If you check their achievements, it took them a lot longer 1-2 months and most likely they were hypering and/or using oracles.

It took me 2+ years to get my Veno to 90 the old fashion way, but my Seeker is almost 90 in 4 months using Hypers, Phoenix Valley, BHs, CS and about 4 FF runs. Since I already did all the interesting quests on my Veno and I don't really want to repeat tedious ones, I only do the essential Spiritual Cultivation and the Tideborn quests, I might do the OHT quests.

I probably could have leveled my Seeker faster but I was also playing a Cleric, Sin and Mystic so on some days all I did was CS on my Seeker.

I see you have been around for a while but haven't got to 60+. If you can buy some zen even $10 it will go a long way to speeding up your leveling because you can buy quite a lot of coin with it through the Auction house with all the inflation. $1 buys you about 15 hypers if you buy tokens and make them.

The most cost effective Oracles per token are Oracle 2s, 15K XP each. They work out to about 15K coin each with the coin you get back. So if you really don't want to hyper, grind a stack of Oracle 2s.

ProTip - Have 2 accounts and put classes beneficial to each other on the alt account. For example I put the Sin on a different account from the Seeker so i could buff my Seeker with Bloodpaint. This is assuming you have a PC powerful enough to multi-client or have 2 PCs.

Edit: I realized it might have been possible to get a char to 60 without hypers or oracles during the Goon Glitch period in FF. If someone with a high level allowed the low level to tag along while they illegally Goon Glitched they may well have got enough XP to get to level 60 in a week or less. However, not only would this have been bannable, it has also been fixed.
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It does take an eternity without hypers or oracles. Although once you get to level 40 and can do BHs that helps a lot. Each Stacked BH gives you around 30% of a level so including Crazy Stone you can get a level per 2-3 days.

Don't believe the people that boast that they got to 60 in a week without hypers. If you check their achievements, it took them a lot longer 1-2 months and most likely they were hypering and/or using oracles.

It took me 2+ years to get my Veno to 90 the old fashion way, but my Seeker is almost 90 in 4 months using Hypers, Phoenix Valley, BHs, CS and about 4 FF runs. Since I already did all the interesting quests on my Veno and I don't really want to repeat tedious ones, I only do the essential Spiritual Cultivation and the Tideborn quests, I might do the OHT quests.

I probably could have leveled my Seeker faster but I was also playing a Cleric, Sin and Mystic so on some days all I did was CS on my Seeker.

I see you have been around for a while but haven't got to 60+. If you can buy some zen even $10 it will go a long way to speeding up your leveling because you can buy quite a lot of coin with it through the Auction house with all the inflation. $1 buys you about 15 hypers if you buy tokens and make them.

The most cost effective Oracles per token are Oracle 2s, 15K XP each. They work out to about 15K coin each with the coin you get back. So if you really don't want to hyper, grind a stack of Oracle 2s.

ProTip - Have 2 accounts and put classes beneficial to each other on the alt account. For example I put the Sin on a different account from the Seeker so i could buff my Seeker with Bloodpaint. This is assuming you have a PC powerful enough to multi-client or have 2 PCs.

Edit: I realized it might have been possible to get a char to 60 without hypers or oracles during the Goon Glitch period in FF. If someone with a high level allowed the low level to tag along while they illegally Goon Glitched they may well have got enough XP to get to level 60 in a week or less. However, not only would this have been bannable, it has also been fixed.

On the subject of Oracles and hypers... I find the hypers to not be worth using in my experience. Though it says lvl 51 in my avatar, that is my BM chara. My BB I reached lvl 76 in about 2 months. I tried the Hypers once, and was peeved to discover that they do NOT effect your Exp and Spirit awards. Once I reached lvl 30, I started doint Oracles like mad. For me, it seems that the Oracle V is the best mix of coin, Exp, and spirit for the amount of tokens used. (If I see one more Bloodlust Feligar, I think I shall throw up lol)

Oracles, as far as I am concerned, are the greatest thing ever for those who want to powerlevel. (5,000 Exp every couple minutes does wonders)
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    On the subject of Oracles and hypers... I find the hypers to not be worth using in my experience. Though it says lvl 51 in my avatar, that is my BM chara. My BB I reached lvl 76 in about 2 months. I tried the Hypers once, and was peeved to discover that they do NOT effect your Exp and Spirit awards. Once I reached lvl 30, I started doint Oracles like mad. For me, it seems that the Oracle V is the best mix of coin, Exp, and spirit for the amount of tokens used. (If I see one more Bloodlust Feligar, I think I shall throw up lol)

Oracles, as far as I am concerned, are the greatest thing ever for those who want to powerlevel. (5,000 Exp every couple minutes does wonders)
    The awards for quests are not affect by Hypers, only the grinding during the quest. This can be used to advantage because it means that you can still get full quest XP during the time that the Hyper has run out of buffer time. So for example Oracles (which are a quest) and BHs, and other high XP quests are not affected by the the Hyper downtime.

Oracles are only worth doing at lower levels around 30-50, after that the XP you get from Hypers start to become much cheaper and faster. (excluding FF Pwrleveling which is insanely fast - a level 40 can get about 5+ levels in 15 minutes on a Bigroom to End, even after the Nerf.)

The key to using Hypers is to only activate it when you are fighting Mobs that give good XP and can be killed fast. I always check the amount of normal XP I am getting from a particular mob before deciding if I am going to Hyper it.

In general don't activate it when in Dungeons or in squads. Dungeon mobs, with the exception of PV and FF generally give lousy XP for how tough they are to kill. Squads share the XP so you get much less per kill. It only works well if you are in a Zhen squad where everyone is hypering and each one has a role in AOE killing as many mob as fast as possible.

Hypers are a race against time so classes and builds that can kill fast will get more XP per coin. You can start and stop it up to 10 times a day, which means if you need to pause for a break, pause the Hyper. HP/MP Charms and good gear, high level Cleric buffs, also make a big difference to fast kills and no pauses to recharge HP/MP.

Another trick is that Hypers work on crafting! You can level a char to 30 just by combining Dragon Orbs and using Hypers! However, after about level 20 the cost of the Hypers with this method is not worth it because you are only getting a fixed amount of XP.

I'm not necessarily advocating Powerleveling, but I think that the game as it is, is way too grindy. I think X4 XP is about right for fun normal gameplay. X12 works nicely when you already know how to play the class and just want to level up the alt quickly.

New players or players to a new class should spend some time playing normally until they know how to play the class both solo and in a squad, or they will end up being really fail in BH squads later on. Also, moderate the powerleveling with how fast decent new gear can be afforded.
  • da4hluvr
    da4hluvr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I always do quests and i'm level 13 and I started my seeker yesterday.