Why did you pick your name?

Options

Comments

• VindictiveX - Sanctuary
    VindictiveX - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I chose my name because I'm evil and seek revenge upon those that did me wrong, and because Vindictive fits perfectly for an Assassin. The X is just an added bonus. It could mean that I just like how the X looks at the end of the name or the X could possibly mean X as an ex lover. That will remain a mystery. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away." ~Hitch
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Pretty self explanatory here.

hahahahahaha
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ling__Tong (bm 101) - pwi is a Chinese game and Ling Tong was a diplomat and general in Chinese history (also a fun character in Dynasty Warriors - just sayin).

PheosNyx (wiz 102) - My nom de plume (derived from phoenix)

Arande (archer 100) - my dnd character from the campaign I was playing in when I made him.

xXxKuro (barb 100) - reference to Kurogane from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and xXxHolic

lukeFONfabre (seeker 91) - reference to Luke Fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss

Nothing else worth mentioning really, everything else comes from OCs
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ling__Tong (bm 101) - pwi is a Chinese game and Ling Tong was a diplomat and general in Chinese history (also a fun character in Dynasty Warriors - just sayin).

PheosNyx (wiz 102) - My nom de plume (derived from phoenix)

Arande (archer 100) - my dnd character from the campaign I was playing in when I made him.

xXxKuro (barb 100) - reference to Kurogane from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and xXxHolic

lukeFONfabre (seeker 91) - reference to Luke Fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss

Nothing else worth mentioning really, everything else comes from OCs

Awesome mangas.b:victory
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well before I even started this game I had an extensive list of original names I created; Vedovis being one of them. Of course, some time later a friend pm's me ingame to Google my name... much to my disappointment, 'Vejovis' is a Roman god of healing.

Glamoura (Glam-ow-rah) - My gorgeous cleric :D Originally she was going to be called Glade, however at character creation I clicked the wrong class and so Glade is now my archer. I wanted my cleric to be ethereal and graceful, like Pan Gu intended =D So I chose Glamoura.

-scratches head and thinks about all my alts-

Katnisse - from the epic book series The Hunger Games <3

Darquesse - from the equally epic book series Skulduggery Pleasant

Vailkirie - My older sisters name is Vail, and I originally wanted Valkyrie but that was taken..

Drayoth, Orosia, Zabrielle, Veltre, Aznaphix and Liredel - All OC's of mine :3

Yeah...... I have a bunch of alts. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    INB4 a crapload of unoriginal anime/manga/japanese derived names.

Oh wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Breitling - Raging Tide
    Breitling - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Breitling because I collect fine timepieces, Laphroaig, Aberlour, and Glenfiddich, because I like to drink scotch, and Wickedbrew, because its a moniker I have used in MMOs since 1999.
    Proud Executor of Rapture

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a good timepiece, a cleric is there when you need it.

Alt: Behike
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I chose my name becouse Jack is messinger of good who kills Evil that's ingame mobs
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i shamelessly stole it from a friend of mine on another game, and now i use it on 2 games b:surrender
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    hmm my cleric jimmygavazza well. picked it cause its my irl name lol. didnt think it would actually let me.

ET_NY for being an electronic technition from new york. though im not longer either of those things now.

maiira has been a character name ive been using for almost 15 years in various games starting with old school DnD. id developed a fox type character using custom race rules in an old dragon magazine issue and was a martial artist with magic. making a rare fist veno build that could still equip an appropriate magic weapon was one of my biggest goals after alot of aps gear became available in the 1st anniversary sale. but has followed my through 5 dnd campaign settings, and 4 different mmo's.
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And then there's my catshop alt, Felgendiw. I bet no-one can figure out where that came from. (hint, he is a wingedelf cleric

I've got you beat there... my winged elf cleric TT mule is named WingyMcElf. Far less original.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I created characters that can be for a hobby of mine for a PW adventure story

Warrior Huang: He is the son of a great warrior, with leadership qualities. He is a gentle guy.

Wizard Mei: She works as a fashion designer, very charming and beautiful. She is scared of insects.

Priest Lan: She is the granddaughter of the elder of plume city, she is pure with a warm heart. she is always helping people. Although she is not a person that does combat, she talks with Pan Gu to help guide her friends to victory.

Claimed to be archer Chuck (not chuck norris lol): He is always interested in money, but he is a friend of a real archer named Tylor. He always seek for money and business and pranks

assassin Jack (A.K.A Yulk): He is an opportunist, and always looking to get attention. Yet he is a very helpful young tideborn.

Rebirth Seeker Moku: He got the name from Yulk's friend, Tetra because he was in a form of a small tree when she took care of him when he was about to be reborn and he looks as an undead. His past is unknown.

Tiger Umeru: He is a celestial tiger (named after Umaro from final fantasy 6, but with this spelling the name is in Japanese, meaning to bury), of the sages, he is the light that protects the whole perfect world. He is almost always by himself or with his daughter angel, fighting against the toughest wraiths. (i mostly use tiger form on this char)

Fox Xeries: Umeru's mate, but she is most likely a lone wolf. Detecting any wraiths that are missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary5
    Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary5 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    's my catshop alt, Felgendiw. I bet no-one can figure out where that came from. (hint, he is a wingedelf cleric

widneg lef is backward...typo or u meant it as backwards unscrambler?

Fledegniw O.o
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rosaries are seen far more often than just at funerals, if you are Catholic, or live in Catholic countries. but i like your name...its really nice.

@Jin_Wang, i do much the same thing...my characters are kind of avatars of stories i make up for myself. when i cant get into squads and quests, its frustrating and boring, and wind up going to an alt that i can still run stories on.

Since I made a cleric first I wanted a name that was similar to either healing, life, or death. I also wanted to have the name Rose in it since I like roses.

After a while of thinking(like 2 minutes), I stopped at the word Rosary. It's usually seen around funerals and was easy to manipulate the word Rose into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • JungleForce - Dreamweaver
    JungleForce - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like FoxRunning name b:dirty (I luv run in fox form just cuz it looks cool b:chuckle )
    My name is JungleForce because venos use wood speels, that it reminds me jungle, and, force, well it sounds cool at least.
    (welcome to the jungle [8] b:laugh)
  • _Mordred_ - Raging Tide
    _Mordred_ - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mordred: Because i was listening to the song Mordred's Lullaby and got it stuck in my head.

Lord_Roan: Because i love the name Roan, and found out it's a lot of fun to be called "lord" x3

Bunnyness: Because i couldn't think of anything else D:

Anndd ZombieMoose: Because i love zombies and i have a moose pillowpet >.>
    RAWR IMMA TIGER

Wait, what?b:shutup
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is a stupid thread.

Trolled by me.

b:fatb
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Andromeda was taken so i picked Andromaka for my veno coz thats how my kids used to call Andromeda when making fun of the name. After a while i found out that name exists in the Greek mythology (Andromache/Andromaka)

Mayatheia is a combination of Maya = illusion and theia = divine. I started to search for a name for my mystic like 2 months before the EG update xD

My bm got the name LilSuicide coz it fits to a bm , too bad i got bored of lvling her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Lylyenn - Raging Tide
    Lylyenn - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lylyenn -> It's just because I want a good celtic sounding name. I like those names. I make a lot of changes to the name before I had found the right one that was not taken.

On Lothranis, I have Arlliann that is a Thalatan and it's the same story. There is just Mallia that come from a roleplaying game forum close by now.

I have always some difficulties to find names too characters.
    b:lipcurl
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Person who studies genotypes.

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Xena - Dreamweaver
    Xena - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cause Xena is kickass b:victory

but forreal...I've been a huge Xena fan for many many years and I love the idea of a strong-willed take no **** from anyone....woman. :D
  • Adolpha - Lothranis
    Adolpha - Lothranis Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    widneg lef is backward...typo or u meant it as backwards unscrambler?

Fledegniw O.o

I originally thought of having "winged elf" backwards, but it didn't look that good. Then I just scrambled the letters up and this came out. (I know this answer is coming late but anyways)
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    "Typh" from Typhon, greatest of Greek monsters, and Typhoon, a tropical storm.
    "yse" because I felt like it and I like using "y"s in place of "e"s and "i"s.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Devinettie - Heavens Tear
    Devinettie - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Devinettie is one letter off from the French word devinette meaning Riddle..

(In my old game I had a toon that ran around and asked riddles if you got the answer right you got a prize.. but just like a trickster her prizes could be good.. or bad..) Sides what else would you name a Fox?
    I messed up when I made my toon and didn't want to wait 7 days for the name so I added the I at the end

Chickaree- Is the North American Red Squirrel
    (My old game she was a healer just like here in pwi..) I like the name Just dun call me Chickadee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm NOT a perfect girl... My hair doesn't always stay in place, I spill a lot of things and I'm pretty clumsy, but when I stop and take a step back and think, I remember how amazing my life is, and that... Maybe I like being Imperfect.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I picked my name because I could not create a character without a name, so I had to pick a name, or else not play.
  • Yuna_Love - Raging Tide
    Yuna_Love - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well I played a lil of FF X-2 and fell in love with Yuna's character so I named it after her and the Love part is a nickname my in game sis calls me b:chuckleb:laugh
  • BadHabbits - Archosaur
    BadHabbits - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:embarrass
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Veno main - Taiyin
    "taiyin" is the old Chinese word for the Moon. In Chinese fortune telling, if the person who's fortune is being told is female, then "taiyin" represents herself; if male, then it represents his significant other.

Barb bank - Rai_Kirah
    A not-exactly-demonic type of demon from one of my favourite book series by Carol Berg.

baby Seeker - Shayll
    Inspired by Dragon Age character Shale.

babysitter Cleric - YaoXiaZi
    It means "medicine box". Originally created to be a bank for my herbs, but now he babysits my seeker. It's also the nickname of a character from a TV series that was quite popular at the time. The character is a self-taught, self-proclaimed village doctor (who is actually a tad more like a con-man), who by the end of the series invents a pill that boosts fertility in humans XD

Assassin - Sinone
    "Sin" + "one" Created simply because I wanted to try out the class, never intended to take it very far, never did :D

Psychic - Psyr
    Also created simply to try out the class. Randomly put an "r" after "Psy" and thought it could be read as "Seer", and that it looked good.

My IRL name is Nero
    You parents named you after the tyrannical Roman Emperor who killed his own mother? O_O Not that I don't like your name or anything, but personally, if I were to name my son after a historical figure I'd choose one who did not kill his parents XD
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haku wrote: »
    You parents named you after the tyrannical Roman Emperor who killed his own mother? O_O Not that I don't like your name or anything, but personally, if I were to name my son after a historical figure I'd choose one who did not kill his parents XD

actually no, i changed to this name myself. i wasnt born with it. (my mom died giving bith to me, my dad died before I was born. Ironic) so keep my parents out of it.
    and just becouse someones name is the same as an historical person, doesnt make them the same person.
    I like Nero and I will stick to it. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • _Suicide - Dreamweaver
    _Suicide - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    on previous blademasters that i made i died alot trying to save clerics or other classes. Since im a tank bm im usually the one dying all the time so i decided to call myself Suicide and ever since i loved that name b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]