Auction House (player ripoff) bug(?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    even if you open the mail, until you take the item out, the 2 day timer does not start

I didn't want to test that with 20m in coins b:chuckle. Good to know, thank you. Does that work the same way for blessings? Open the mail but not take the item.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I didn't want to test that with 20m in coins b:chuckle. Good to know, thank you. Does that work the same way for blessings? Open the mail but not take the item.

Yep. Unless you take the item/coin attachment in a mail, the timer on it will not start. I still have a an old friend sent me ~2.5 years ago simply because I didn't take the item she had mailed with it. (Though you can also save mail that's had the timer start via right click)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To those who have written and said they have 0 loss at the auction house, and have made several thousand sales there, I'd like to see your tracking records. Because I'd bet that you have lost a couple. But, my guess is you haven't tracked them, and are only guessing that you've never lost them, because you didn't notice.

That's the thing though, I used to sell TT mats and I wouldn't sell them until I had a specific amount. I would click each mail and count the number of returned money that I got back. I would then subtract that from my head so I know how many more to put into the AH the next day. I've done the same thing with dyes. I do this to determine the market health and how many will sell so that I don't put too many into the AH and spend more money on fees than I have to do. Being meticulous if you're going to primarily rely on the AH instead of a catshop (I can't leave a computer running overnight usually) is very important. So I know for a fact that I have never lost a single purchase.

edit: THe ah taking a fee again when it gives you your money is probably more a design flaw than a bug, you're correct.

As far as the "token" issue. In checking the best price I could find per token was $10595 each. It would cost you 147830 coins for each Flawless you bought, you would need 5 to make an immaculate. Then, if you sold it for 790000 (I'm thinking that's what I sold mine for, but it has been 10 months), you would get a return of 750000. I'm not counting the 500 listing, but you can add it if you want.

5 Flawless @ 147830 each = 1 immaculate @ 739150

======
    10850 profit

You can only sell 2-3 immaculate each day for this price. So, let's see at 3 a day that's 32550 profit. If you managed to sell 3 a day every day for 46.08 days, you'd make 1.5 mil. Or, something like 6.5 weeks.

If you actually could find a place to buy tokens consistently at 10k per (which I seriously doubt as your consistent buying would drive prices up) and got the immaculate at 700k and then sold it for 790k @ 3 per day it would take you 30 days. Or, 4.28 weeks. That was my breakpoint BTW. I never paid more than 700k for an immaculate.

So, yes to make 1.5 million took weeks.

Which is why the immac market isn't the best market to be in. TT mats, fashion, dyes, molds, legendary weapons/armor, and dragon orders are the best things to sell in the auction house. You'd also not want to buy tokens for more than 10200. 10200*14=142800. 142800 *5= 714000. 86000 coin profit per immac. Which is a profit of 258000 a day if you sell only 3. It would only take 6 days to get 1.5 mil.

As far as the farming, only high level items I saw were selling for 6k - at least they were listed at that, selling is a different matter. To make 1 million coins it would take 166.66 of them. Not counting the auction fees. These items were also high level, so I'm not sure I was even in the areas where I could have farmed whatever vague item you are talking about. The items I saw were metals, of which, you only get 1 per stop. I seriously doubt even with the fastest mount that you could farm 166 of these specific items in an hour, much less put them up for sale & sell them. Unless you are talking about farming in a specific instance, where I haven't been yet, then I believe your troll to be BS.

Heaven/Hell mats and sell to an existing catshop. And they were exaggerating a bit but yes it's easy to farm for an hour on a mount and make more money than you would selling immacs.

And, sorry, it's not been caused by lag or user error. I didn't click any button too many times, or delete any mail. As I have said before, I put the two gems up for sale in the AH as my last action for the night, checked the listings, and logged out. In the morning when I logged in, there was no mail - you know the envelope icon at the top right of the screen. So, I thought they didn't sell. But, I went and checked the AH, and the items were gone; ie: no longer up for sale. I logged into mail, just to see if they were not indicating on the main page, but there was no mail in the inbox.

I've been working with computers, programming and support of same, since the 1970's and do most things in a careful step-by-step manner. Even responding to the first responder here, while I was a little brash, was made that way, because I checked and his response was written and posted 6 minutes after I posted the original post. So, my response was colored a bit by being irritated that 6 minutes wasn't enough time to read and carefully digest what I was saying, as well as the person being critical in the method that I made game coin.

It three minutes exactly to read your reply, which although a wall-of-text was broken into easy to read paragraphs. Some of us read faster and comprehend more quickly than others. For example, I was the only one in my high school wayyyyy back in the day to completely finish and score a perfect score on the reading portion of the standardized exam of my area for entering college. It's one of the reasons I was admitted to the university of my choice. The point isn't to brag (how can I, I wouldn't even be able to program my way out of a paper bag to save my life and haven't even graduated yet) it's to point out that perhaps the person who replied to you can read and understand equally as well. And so getting angry and rude because they posted the reply that they did in 6 minutes was unnecessary. Pointless accusations against the support staff will also make them more defensive and less responsive to help you. Why should anyone on this world go out of there way to help someone who is cruel to them, when the situation they need help with is not life threatening? They probably won't.

You can say it's the support staff's job, but they did schedule a meeting with you. In-game meetings with GMs instead of waiting for replies for one week-to a month is actually better customer service than they extend to most other players. The fact that you didn't go and didn't give them even a estimation on what time you could go in three days is an issue on your end.
    The gems were correctly and successfully posted in the AH.
    At some time they apparently sold.
    I received no email regarding sale of same, nor the money for them.
    PW support, other than telling me their logs showed me getting paid have made no effort to research the issue.

And yes, I too - long ago, got good support from the PW support people. But, not for these last issues.

You also said you were about to go to bed for the night, there have been things that I have sworn up and down that I did because I checked before I went to bed. Only to realize that I didn't actually do it as well as I thought I had because I was tired. Why do you think it's impossible for such a thing to have occurred when you were having computer errors and were exhausted and went to bed shortly after you logged off for the night? At any rate it is entirely possible the bug is real and new, in which case it should happen to more people soon. You should also check the tech support forums and reopen the ticket. This time time with a more definite date, also if you haven an open ticket it doesn't hurt to check at night on a cellphone or something even if you are out of town for reasons such as these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • DredOpal - Heavens Tear
    DredOpal - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ...blah blah...

Being that your AH calculations are off, the fact your reading comprehension of all I said is poor, and several times you hallucinated your take on things I said, as when you CLAIM I was "exhausted" before I went to bed when I didn't even say I was tired, I'd guess you're just making a lengthy TROLL.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Being that your AH calculations are off, the fact your reading comprehension of all I said is poor, and several times you hallucinated your take on things I said, as when you CLAIM I was "exhausted" before I went to bed when I didn't even say I was tired, I'd guess you're just making a lengthy TROLL.
    Wow. You really can't handle the idea that you might be wrong, can you?

No wonder it takes you weeks to earn what most merchants can do in less than a day: you're stubborn; you refuse to listen to sound advice from people who are more knowledgeable / more successful / more experienced than you; you interpret criticism as a personal attack; and you are quick to start insulting others.

Let's face it, all the evidence you've given us so far is your word, and your word clearly isn't worth anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Trust me, if you're looking into anything merchanting, Warren is the one to go to. He is almost always correct when it comes to pricing, and he is probably the single most successful merchant on PWI. He agrees with VenusArmani, and that would really mean a lot to most merchants here on the forums.

Even if he is wrong, that doesn't mean you need to be so demonstrative. Learn to take things with a grain of salt and move on. Just because you feel that someone is wrong doesn't mean you have to confront them on a public forum to prove that to them. More often than not, you make yourself look like a fool.

Anyway, this topic looks to be taking a turn for the worse. Keep it in line or I'll have to close it.b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

What AH calculations? The price of tokens at 10200? That's the price of dreamweaver. Multiplying it by 14 to represent you buying 14 of them? That's correct. Just because you bought tokens for more than you should have paid to merchant gems, doesn't make my calculations incorrect. Oh you mean the theoretical calculations where I didn't post the AH fee? Heh, well you got me there. Subtract the AH fee from your total. The difference isn't enough to take an extra day, but let's pretend it would be. That's still 7 days as opposed to weeks to make 1.5 mil. Also you said you went to bed. I assumed you were tired, because most people go to sleep because they're tired and you did not mention anything to suggest otherwise. But yes, assuming someone was sleepy when they went to bed MUST make me a troll. But meh, no one has posted this issue so i'm guessing it was a user error. You can claim it's not all you want. But you yourself admit that the logs show otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Trust me, if you're looking into anything merchanting, Warren is the one to go to. He is almost always correct when it comes to pricing, and he is probably the single most successful merchant on PWI.
    Thanks for the compliments, but I have to respectfully admit that I'm not the most successful merchant! There have been people who have read my guides and sent me thank-you notes along the lines of, "Thanks to you, I now have full +10 Rank 9!", which means that they managed to earn more than I earned during the time period after I started writing the guides, and I already had a couple of billions of coins of starting capital to work with!

So it would appear that many of the students have already surpassed their teacher... b:chuckle
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Anyway, this topic looks to be taking a turn for the worse. Keep it in line or I'll have to close it.b:bye
    The odd thing is that the thread was starting to become civil, then VenusArmani made a very well-reasoned post that contained some genuinely good merchandizing advice, and *BLAMO!*, the OP decided to let loose with both barrels for no apparent reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments, but I have to respectfully admit that I'm not the most successful merchant! There have been people who have read my guides and sent me thank-you notes along the lines of, "Thanks to you, I now have full +10 Rank 9!", which means that they earned more than me since I started writing the guides, and I already had a couple of billions of coins of starting capital to work with!

So it would appear that many of the students have already surpassed their teacher... b:chuckle

The odd thing is that the thread was starting to become civil, then VenusArmani made a very well-reasoned post that contained some genuinely good merchandizing advice, and *BLAMO!*, the OP decided to let loose with both barrels for no apparent reason...

In surpassing their teacher, they give their teacher the greatest victory of all.b:mischievous

And I noticed that, so I decided to nip it in the bud.b:scorn
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat your going to have to close it after 77 lvls that guy still not learned and going to keep fussing his so called facts do us all a favor and close it, delete it, anything
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat your going to have to close it after 77 lvls that guy still not learned and going to keep fussing his so called facts do us all a favor and close it, delete it, anything

Is it too much to ask for punctuation? Or at least a little more of it?b:surrender