New Skills, What Is Needed For Each Class

Ceiba - Sanctuary
Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Since it seems that new skills are beign added (finally) for old classes, I would like to know what each one think that is needed for each class.

I think (hope) that it would be constructive to heard what everyone thinks that is required for each class, and later compare it to whatever PW decides to come out with.

Please only post about one class and to keep it easy to read keep it short and use the following format:

CLASS

Problem, Descripton of the problem tha the skill is aimed to.

What does it need, Description of the skill.

Extra, Something extra that should be taken into account about the class.

I will start with my own class:

VENOMANCER

Problem, For an arcane, Venomancers lack a heavy hitting AOE skill, parasite nova is just not strong enough.

What does it need, A 3 sparks heavy hitting AOE skill without added effects, just sheer raw damage.

Extra, Veno pets should have better status depending on the venomancer gear just like Mystic summons.

b:bye
Post edited by Ceiba - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Just to be clear, we are only speculating about what our wishes would be here right?

I just say this because you know that the Dev's have already selected the skills, the requirements, and it's not going to change, we just won't see it here until January or so.

Does anyone have any hard data on what the actual new skills being released are?

As for the wishlist, I want magic claws for my venomancer. Physical attacks in foxform is just pathetic unless you cheat with an exploit. For a magic class that has a melee mode, we need a weapon that supports this. Venomancer use only, magic claws is the answer. It should have a lower dex/str requirement so that we don't have to give up all of our MAG points to use them.

I like your AoE skill idea. Make it a lvl 100 skill.
    No to the idea of pets having stats linked to our gear like the summons, pets aren't summons. Pet gear however, now there's a good idea. I suppose they would make it a coin sink like genie gear, but I think that's the way to go.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Extra, Veno pets should have better status depending on the venomancer gear just like Mystic summons.

Because a nix having increased stats by some +12 geared veno would be totally balanced to other casters, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WIZARD

Problem, For wizards in general, I think we lack defensive skills, and by that I mean
    like a stun/sleep/seal. We only have 2 defensive skills and that really doesn't help in a long fight, they're more catered to quick fights which lead us to rely on genie skills which I think
    sucks balls.

What does it need We need a non-chi taking stun skill thats comparable to other
    classes. Our 4s sleep and 6s seal just aren't cutting it anymore. You really can't count
    Mountain's Seize as a defensive skill because you cant use it as often as our other two.

Extra
    Should just lower the casting/channeling requirements for all our skills and i'd be happy b:dirty
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I heard Clerics get a passive for no exp loss on death. Id rather have some Anti-Stun skill tho xD

Rumors i heard about the skills (not confirmed):
    Mystic AOE res buff
    Veno: turns opponent into a frog Oo
    Archers get stealth (yea you read right),unable to attack/move
    BMs get a frenzy
    Barb: can smash flying targets on the ground + stun for 2 secs
    Psy: switch position with selected target
    Seeker: N/A

This is just info i got from a guildie, so dont quote me on it :X

PS: theres more and this is just a few. Look forward to it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Because a nix having increased stats by some +12 geared veno would be totally balanced to other casters, right?

yes totally. Venomancer's other spell were way below the standard of the other casters. What supposedly balances the lack of damage from a +12 veno and a +12 wiz/psy etc is the damage from her pet. But at the current state, the pet dont scale well at all to her gears. Nix gets 2 shots from a +12 and that is already veno's strongest pet.

Of course we're not hoping for a veno with a new nix that one-shot everyone. Rather a nix that allows veno to at least come on par with the dd of other casters.

Would be better for veno to have a rank 9 nix imo
  • TehMage - Lost City
    edited November 2011

Would be better for veno to have a rank 9 nix imo

Only smart venos with nix beat +12 wiz/psys ijs
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Only smart venos with nix beat +12 wiz/psys ijs

If you need only a smart veno to beat a normal wiz/psy then there is obvious imbalances. And its nothing special. Any person who is skilled (not just smart) can beat any not-so-smart person even if its a r8 vs r9 sin. But it is not an excuse to not recognise imbalances in the game.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WIZARD

Problem, For wizards in general, I think we lack defensive skills, and by that I mean
    like a stun/sleep/seal. We only have 2 defensive skills and that really doesn't help in a long fight, they're more catered to quick fights which lead us to rely on genie skills which I think
    sucks balls.

What does it need We need a non-chi taking stun skill thats comparable to other
    classes. Our 4s sleep and 6s seal just aren't cutting it anymore. You really can't count
    Mountain's Seize as a defensive skill because you cant use it as often as our other two.

Extra
    Should just lower the casting/channeling requirements for all our skills and i'd be happy b:dirty

Totaly true, +100 for your post, this is the main problem of Wizards.

Also I liked of the claw idea for Veno, but a wip will suit the Venos better b:chuckle

My idea: make some skills give passibe bonus to others.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    edited November 2011
    If you need only a smart veno to beat a normal wiz/psy then there is obvious imbalances. And its nothing special. Any person who is skilled (not just smart) can beat any not-so-smart person even if its a r8 vs r9 sin. But it is not an excuse to not recognise imbalances in the game.

I think you misunderstood me. a +12 nix veno has the ability to never lose to a +12 wiz/psy

No one has skill anymore these days
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I heard Clerics get a passive for no exp loss on death. Id rather have some Anti-Stun skill tho xD

Mystic AOE res buff
    BMs get a frenzy

You my kind friend, are on crack....here is what ive herd

bm: able to move instantaneously, frozen the enemies( telestun???)
    wiz: makes time flow backwards (i dont even know what it is)
    barb: pwns targets in the air
    veno: increased poison damage
    archer: increased range, crit rate
    cleric: can stop enemies from recovering their hp, prevents self exp loss @ death
    psy: creates a shield, makes the squad members within the shield range immune to damage
    sin: makes damage on the cursed target while getting hurt
    seeker: changes position with the enemy target
    mystic: absorbs the healing effect from target, also saying that the function of the third eyes gona be released, dont know what function lol

and its pritty easy to find them on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSi_8llUTAk&feature=player_embedded

look at the suggested videos after that..they have class spacific o.O
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Give barbs a self defence lvl buff, seems fitting.

Give venos a greater control of animals, other than ability to tame a smattering of mobs.

Make the earthguard's 3rd eye what it was meant to be - useful.

Give clerics an anti stun similar to a barbs (req chi and longish cooldown).

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head ^^
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You my kind friend, are on crack....here is what ive herd

bm: able to move instantaneously, frozen the enemies( telestun???)
    wiz: makes time flow backwards (i dont even know what it is)
    barb: pwns targets in the air
    veno: increased poison damage
    archer: increased range, crit rate
    cleric: can stop enemies from recovering their hp, prevents self exp loss @ death
    psy: creates a shield, makes the squad members within the shield range immune to damage
    sin: makes damage on the cursed target while getting hurt
    seeker: changes position with the enemy target
    mystic: absorbs the healing effect from target, also saying that the function of the third eyes gona be released, dont know what function lol

so we psy's get AD, and still no detection skill for anyone but sins was hoping someone would get one
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Mystic AOE res buff
    BMs get a frenzy

omg I would SPAM that just to **** people off! XD

As opposed to what?

Veno does what, exactly, with +12 gear in TW/PK? Purges some poor ****, then dies? Nix is a oneshot for even a moderately geared BM, a Catabarb will ignore it, and other casters will kill the Veno before the Nix gets to them.

So, how exactly, is this balanced in the first place? o.O

Edit: omfg so many fails. >_> This post hates me. D:< Just be RIGHT for once and stop making me ****ing edit!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • PriestRain - Raging Tide
    PriestRain - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My idea

Clerics: Passive healing skill lv1 2%; lv10 20% sage 25%, demon gives 300 hp over 15 sec to all healing skills (except IH) b:sin b:avoid
    Self-Buff that revives, lasts 30 min and cooldown is 30min - maybe lvl 79 or 100 skill xD
    Add 10 second anti stun to guardian light
    Oh u can change sleep skill into stun skill - 30 sec stun b:sin then no one would think low on clerics :P

Venos: I agree what u said about magic claw and stuff

Barbs: Passive skill that increases aggro control

Wizard: Self Buff that increases -channeling time by 20% or something lol same like cleric's passive healing skill :P 2%-20%...sage 25% but demon might add few crits xD

BM: Maybe some chi skill? Lol idk

And idk about others b:laugh

EDIT: Oh wait Wizards have Wellspring Quiff - demon gives -20% chan for 15 sec :P
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WIZARD

like a stun/sleep/seal.

Check the to 79 skills.. one sleeps and one debuffs.. really painful for the receiver.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sure would be nice if they added a continuous aoe for assasins...Or atleast one more aoe.
    maybe a poison aoe like noxious for veno-. assasins use poison so...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sure would be nice if they added a continuous aoe for assasins...Or atleast one more aoe.

Because they're so underpowered right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WTB> Anti-stun for clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    WTB> Anti-stun for clerics.

I'll sell for around 1.15b. I'll be waiting in your guild base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Archers in other games are able to see sins in stealth. Make it happen, PWI. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Cleric

Problem: Clerics are the only class that is pretty much guaranteed to lose a lot of exp if they die more than once in a dungeon. Clerics very rarely are the ones getting themselves skills, due to their natural position in the back line.

Skill: Gift of the Plume

Ability: Cast a buff on yourself that revives you upon death with an exp loss equal to that of your rez skill. Unable to be cast on other players. 5 minute cooldown. Requires 1 spark. Lasts for 30 minutes. Demon/Sage version: Demon grants a 3 minute bonus to channeling, and a 20% bonus to metal damage. Sage grants a 3 minute anti stun and increases defenses by 10%. Both last an hour.

Extra: Clerics also need an anti stun. Perhaps something similar to an assassin's anti stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Envelope - Raging Tide
    Envelope - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Archers in other games are able to see sins in stealth. Make it happen, PWI. b:shutup

I agree. Archers are basically a scout/sniper type class, they are supposed to have sharp senses and an increased perception of what happens on the battlefield. A squad buff that increases the awareness level of nearby squad members would be perfectly fitting for them.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011

In other games, EVERYONE can see every class that can stealth when they get close enough. One level above a stealthing character? You can see them like 40 feet away then. 5 levels above? Then you can see them out to your default view range. 1 level below them? Then you have to be within 5 feet to see them. 5 levels below, 2 feet or something like that. Beyond that, they're invisible to you no matter how close you are to them. Plus, they have reduced speed in stealth, and multiple classes stealth.

Plus, there's engaging PVP starting at level 20, you can level from 20 to endgame just doing PVP, no item dropping from PK, and you can get special gear from leveling that way.

On the flip side, there is no account stash, no way to power level, guilds can be pretty much unlimited in size (that goes either way, being in a faction with 1200 people can actually suck a lot), and there's no TW (but there is Capture the Flag, last man standing, and other team based PVP).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • warrioroftherose
    warrioroftherose Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Skill: Gift of the Plume

Ability: Cast a buff on yourself that revives you upon death with an exp loss equal to that of your rez skill. Unable to be cast on other players. 5 minute cooldown. Requires 1 spark. Lasts for 30 minutes. Demon/Sage version: Demon grants a 3 minute bonus to channeling, and a 20% bonus to metal damage. Sage grants a 3 minute anti stun and increases defenses by 10%. Both last an hour.

Extra: Clerics also need an anti stun. Perhaps something similar to an assassin's anti stun.

3min anti stun with a 5min c/d?? b:surrenderb:shockedb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hmmm interesting this thread looks fun ill be watching it closelyb:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Oo "changes position with the enemy target"
    WTF
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Veno can control 3 Pets all at once b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    stuff

hey. i don't give a flying **** about sin's stealth in other games. i'm talking about archers here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    3min anti stun with a 5min c/d?? b:surrenderb:shockedb:shutup

Was trying to come up with a way where it wasn't going to be spammed, and the cleric couldn't have perma-anti stun because that would be OP. Also thinking of their roles in PvE where they are more supposed to be focused on other things. This way they could just put it on and leave it on, if the boss is still alive pop an apoth. If the boss is still alive, thats only like a minute or so of being uncovered. Not so much a big deal. Plenty of time for for a PvPer to get in there and stun the cleric in PvP though. IDK i don't really PvP so that's a guesstimate feel free to suggest a better cooldown time. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Look veeerrryy closely at the Psy's skill. Look at the shade of his colours before and after the skill. They fade. Is that like an AoE stealth or something?
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2