• temp0r4ry
    temp0r4ry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Vicarious.

Tool. nuff said
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My name is Latin :) I got it from Graviora Manent which means "greater afflictions are in store" or something like that. o.o

...I had a veno named Manent once upon a time, too :D She's long been deleted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Zecora (Mystic) - Because...

LOL b:laugh

But in response to the OP:

LadyofReal - Namesake of my in-game significant other when we transferred games in '08 to PWI.

BarbofReal - Spin off of the name I was most known for

SmexyKitten_ - Pet name that was given to me during a conversation with someone about a year and a half ago; it was not child appropriate, so I altered the name a tad. The underscore was there because SmexyKitten was already taken -_-

Virulence - Wanted something that wasn't as "cutesy" as the rest of the other ones. It's also a spin off of virulent and viral; and I thought it would it would be different?
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Got mine from a manga: The Story Strongest Disciple Kenishi
    Yami is the organization that they fight against and It simple means darkness.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Trigger from Only Fools and Horses
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:cool Fash addict forever! b:laugh

QQ I need to farm more Event cards for more Fash QQ I also need to make a Fash storage alt. >_>
    i rmemeber watching it in japanese and wondering how they were gonna censor out certain things. i mean, how could they even pull off Hidan in a kids show?

They actually animated entire episodes just for the rest of the world totally differently, IIRC. After a certain season, I think 3, they started to censor the original because it was too much work to censor the blood, guts, and gore out of that show... So the poor Japanese fans got nerfed. b:cry Was a shame. And that Anime DID get boring after about season 5... I haven't even seen all of it yet. >_>
    I've never seen the uncut one......

Wait one piece isn't **** either? Wtb internet so I can download decent animoo again.

I haven't seen One Piece. I will sooner or later, I just get everything off BakaBT. They get stuff that's copyright legal, but you gotta have an account with them.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My IRL name is Nero
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My IRL name is Nero

Are you in a country other than the United States, or did your parents just hate you? (Or is it a nickname?)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Annalyse, Melosa, Glynneth, Laravell, Sataea, Druissa, Drianne - names I just made up.

Florafang - because Jewelscalen was taken.

RubixCube - couldn't think of a good barb name so was looking around the room for ideas. Lava lamp didn't sound barbish so I went with the toy instead.

Ardene - a store I worked at briefly after university.

Pickerel - because my assassin is a fish.

Torchwood - a TV show I was watching at the time.

Anna_Conda - because I am known as Anna and this just amused me.

And yes, I know I have a lot of alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _Angelina_ - Harshlands
    _Angelina_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i still can't find my Brad... b:sad

Angelina... b:pleased because it's nice name...
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    because I'm the daM doG
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have no idea, really...

I've been using it as my online nickname for around 7 years now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Castgurl...

Cast - Castillo

gurl - > "girl"

I picked Castgurl because I just thought it would be a cute and odd name for a mage class (and still be somewhat "tough" or not 100% girly like "Castgirl" would have been..actually the thought of my character having the name Castgirl instead of Castgurl makes me sick lol.)

About a year ago people would pm me asking if I was wearing a cast irl....lol.

It was a nickname I came up for myself nearly 6 years ago as an artist/music producer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Delu_Balan - Heavens Tear
    Delu_Balan - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm a LotR nut... so most of my toons have elvish names.. (even the ones who aren't elves xD) According to one of the online dictionary sites, this one means "Deadly Power" b:pleased
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Are you in a country other than the United States, or did your parents just hate you? (Or is it a nickname?)

Other country

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Gigglesnort: LC, 72, cleric, female; A friends laugh.
    Chewizard: LC, 51, veno, cat; what else do you name an animal mage?
    Cyramex: LC, 40, barb, wolf; An old oc.
    Alar_II: LC, 32, archer, male; second rerole of an old oc.
    GiggleSnort: Archo, 30, mystic, female; name so epic I had to use it twice.
    SlickFinger: LC, 32, sin, male; just like how it roles off the tongue.
    Filtered: Archo, 31, wizard, male; named after the name filtering mess up a while back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    waterfal > waterfall was taken, and she had a blue theme when I started out on pwi ^^ figured waterfal would be a fitting name.
    Hazumi_chan > Hazumi was taken. An OC of mine is called Hazumi and the char ingame resembles the looks of my OC :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I named my char GumyBear because I was thinking about gummy bears at that time lol b:victory b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    my name is from an old childrens book that i read, about an Apache/Ndee girl who was found by the coach of the University of Arizona track team. he and his team had been coming home from a meet one night, when they almost ran into the girl, running on the road. when one of the team members got out, and essentially had a race with her through the desert, the bark of a fox turned the girl from a leap off a cliff and led her back to the team in the car. one thing led to another, ending with her having become friends with the leader of the team, who used what she learned of how Apache children and young adults are trained in desert survival to toughen the track team. Chosen to go to the Olympics, the team won, thanks to the help of Fox Running, who would have died that night in the desert, had it not been for the caring of a stranger.

Tell us all why you named your character what you did?

Me i named this Assassin TheRevenant because Revenants are mythological creatures that are known to bring death and decay with them and lets face it, the Assassins are one of the sole reasons this game seems to be dying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Kweer - Sanctuary
    Kweer - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Pretty self explanatory here.
    b:nosebleed ಥ_ಥ PWI Follower since Jan '08 ಥ_ಥ b:nosebleed
    RisenPhoenix - 100 - Demon- Cleric - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - 100 Barbarian - Sage - Sanctuary
    Nakhtuul - 100 Blademaster - Demon - Archosaur
    Nakhtuul - 8x Seeker - Sage - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - 100 Archer - Demon - Archosaur
    /\pollo - 7x Cleric - Future Sage - Sanctuary
    Kweer - 7x Assassin - Future Demon - Sanctuary
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    well i originally thought lenestra was the latin word for glass .... turns out its just a brand of lightbulb

....lol

Anyway in the early days of PWI, the first mmo I ever played, I rolled an archer and at 54 decided I needed something new cause I stuffed up all the stats. Everyone at the time needed clerics so I rolled one. Now I realize wizards are referred to as 'mages' more than clerics, but at the time there were references to clerics as mages quite often. So, totally un-originally I came up with Mage....then I was thinking Ill sell myself out and make millions of coins so the MERC stands for mercenary. Needless to say it didnt work out that way cause I levelled very slowly and am broke hahaha.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    For this character it came from the want to use a greek name. Normally this is what I use to show a main compared to an alt or an alt compared to a main.

For this character I was thinking since it was a BM I wanted to name it based on somethin that would be suitable, so I went with a war god. I also happened to rememeber multiple war gods in the greek age so I decided to take a look through them and found myself to have taking a liking to the name Perses, and when I tried it I was unable to get it just by itself so I added the '_' in the frost and back to allow it to go through.

As for an example of other characters, my sin named HotBanana was named that from a convo with friends about stripper names (don't ask), and I ended up getting the name HotBanana and out of a joke I made the character a sin as they suggested it mainly. Though I haven't hit 100 on that character it is 4 lvls away from it.

Another example of my characters is my psychic, named Ambisagrus which is a celtic god of hunting and healing. I liked the name based on the hunting aspect of the god and then I knew that psychic's had a AoE heal called bubble of life and later learned it's sage form acts as a purify skill. So I ended up really liking it, and now that character is 94 so only 6 lvls away from 100.

My other characters are between 1 and 67 and are not really worth mentioning.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tell us all why you named your character what you did?

To be funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My Veno - My bosses daughter's name is: Nia and when I played 9Dra--ns - my person was named Jade. So I blended the two.

For my Sin, well I played A--N and my Gladiator was named Zizza and my Templr was named Zizzi. It was taken so I used an A vice the Z.
  • Adolpha - Lothranis
    Adolpha - Lothranis Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Zecora (Mystic) - Because...
    I pretty much knew what was behind the link before I opened it. I bet you speak in rhymes? :D

Anyways, onto my toons:

Adolphus, Adolpha - Latin for "noble wolf", male and female versions. My barb's a wolf and I liked the name so my veno got the name, too. Afterwards I realized it could be linked to Adolf but that's not what I was after.
    Aureola - A cleric. I tried to get something close to Aurora or the like. Then I came up with this. According to wikipedia it actually means something.

Anyndell, Pauric_Swift - Psy and a wiz, respectively. I don't think you people count NWN as competition? That's where these come from as it had a random name generator. Pauric was my awesome sorcerer that made money out of nowhere, too bad his PWI counterpart can't do the same...

Then there are some random alts such as Aloisius, Agalon, Gerth, Gorbulas that just came out of nowhere. Though I refer to Gorbulas as krapulas, krapula being hangover in my language :D

And then there's my catshop alt, Felgendiw. I bet no-one can figure out where that came from. (hint, he is a wingedelf cleric
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    No good reason.... and stop offering me creams and/or pills.
  • Zecora - Heavens Tear
    Zecora - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I pretty much knew what was behind the link before I opened it. I bet you speak in rhymes? :D

I rhyme when I can, though a tough task it can be - but speaking as such, is quite enjoyable to me . ^_^
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Since I made a cleric first I wanted a name that was similar to either healing, life, or death. I also wanted to have the name Rose in it since I like roses.

After a while of thinking(like 2 minutes), I stopped at the word Rosary. It's usually seen around funerals and was easy to manipulate the word Rose into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]