Why did you pick your name?

Options
TheRevenant - Lost City
TheRevenant - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Tell us all why you named your character what you did?

Me i named this Assassin TheRevenant because Revenants are mythological creatures that are known to bring death and decay with them and lets face it, the Assassins are one of the sole reasons this game seems to be dying
Post edited by TheRevenant - Lost City on

Comments

• FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cUz I gOt MaD SkiLlZ!!
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    because i'm a master of bashing things irl
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm Xainou because... I fail at typing. True story lol
    But the word I actually wanted to type means as much as *partner, soul mate* so I thought it fitting for a veno. And hey, it's a cool sounding unique name b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i couldn't think of anything else
    ( ノ˚Д˚)ノ ⌒ ┻━┻
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cuz DuckTape was taken and so was DuctTape 囧
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • SadnessCard - Lothranis
    SadnessCard - Lothranis Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Best and most useful item in game. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cause transformers and decepticons and starscream rule (and i dont mean the live action monster movie)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Best and most useful item in game. b:victory

of course, you could buy yourself full R9 if you had a billion of them b:shocked
    eek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I chose mine as a play off kittycat, since Barbs turn into tigers.b:victory

Since then, most people get it wrong, consistently calling me Kitty or KittyCat... so I have told people to just shorten it to Krit when they want to talk to me.b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like clothes. I thought Venus being the goddess of love, was a fitting thing to put in front of the clothing the label.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cause transformers and decepticons and starscream rule (and i dont mean the live action monster movie)

E-love b:dirty b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Selak lvl 100 psy was chosen as its easy to spell.

Rockbuster lvl 71 mystic seemed to be the sort of nickname an earthgaurd would be called by his mates.

Sidoravich Blademaster Named after my favorite char in my favorite single player game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SHOC
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    AnimeDD is short for Animedevildog. That is my handle everywhere. "Anime" for the fact that I am a big time Japanede anime fan, and have even served on staff for an anime convention a couple times. "Devildog" is a nickname for a Marine. I served in the Marine Corps from 91-95, so the name fits. Also, if you initialize AnimeDevilDog, it comes as ADD, and I can be VERY attention deficit lol. Lastly, my motorcycle license plate reads ANIMEDD.

On my second character, a lvl 74 Barbarrian, I picked the name HadesHound, which is a play on the term Devildog. And my faction is named HADES MC. The "MC" meaning both Marine Corps and Motorcycle Club.
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, Synsae's name has no special meaning... I couldn't think up a name so I looked up at my wall and saw my hockey stick hanging up where I saw the brand and model name written on it "Easton Synergy"... so I took "Syn" from "Synergy" and "Eas" from Easton... and came up with Synsae

as for my alt "Onbekend" after playing PWI for a week or two I wanted to try a BM... couldn't come up with a name so I asked fellow faction members what Nameless was in Dutch (most of my faction were from Holland)... and they replied "Onbekend" would be a better name as it means "Unknown"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Naruto was taken b:shutup
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like clothes. I thought Venus being the goddess of love, was a fitting thing to put in front of the clothing the label.

Oddly, I kind of figured that... b:victory Fash addict team, GO!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Naruto was taken b:shutup

Ihu......damn narutards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ihu......damn narutards.

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu!!

I chose the name Zanryu because on another game I made another account with a name similar, but it didn't quite seem good enough so I kept messing with it and eventually the name Zanryu came out and I've liked it ever sense.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    well i originally thought lenestra was the latin word for glass and mages tend to be squishy. so i just changed it to the masculine form.... turns out its just a brand of lightbulb :/ but now i really like the name... whodathunkit?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ihu......damn narutards.

i don't quite get this...

The original, uncensored, subtitled Naruto is actually quite violent, and the Character Naruto is much less... Lets say, **** than he is in the Dubbed version.

Seeing how I've seen almost all of Naruto Subtitled and uncut, uncensored... And around 5 minutes of it Cut, censored, and dubbed... If you can call it Narutard, then it says something about YOU to say it. >_>

Though, if you've only seen the BS on Fox Kids or whatever shows the **** up version we get here, I can totally see why you call it that... I swear, the poor **** lost 3/4 of his IQ when they dubbed that show. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oddly, I kind of figured that... b:victory Fash addict team, GO!

b:cool Fash addict forever! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Euthymius (Psychic) - This name's actually ironic in nature, as it roughly means "in good spirits"...which she's usually not.

SharkAngel - The name Marna was taken, so I used her alternative title.

Zecora (Mystic) - Because...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

The original, uncensored, subtitled Naruto is actually quite violent, and the Character Naruto is much less... Lets say, **** than he is in the Dubbed version.

Seeing how I've seen almost all of Naruto Subtitled and uncut, uncensored... And around 5 minutes of it Cut, censored, and dubbed... If you can call it Narutard, then it says something about YOU to say it. >_>

Though, if you've only seen the BS on Fox Kids or whatever shows the **** up version we get here, I can totally see why you call it that... I swear, the poor **** lost 3/4 of his IQ when they dubbed that show. >_>

i rmemeber watching it in japanese and wondering how they were gonna censor out certain things. i mean, how could they even pull off Hidan in a kids show?
  • GaurdianMira - Archosaur
    GaurdianMira - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When I read the description for wizards I immediately connected the class to one of my favorite characters in my favorite book In Legend Born which I totally recommend by the way. But then Mirabar was taken and GuardianMirabar was too long so I used her nickname and my fail spelling did the rest.b:chuckle

Most of my other characters ended up named the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AryLynna - Dreamweaver
    AryLynna - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I love SashaGray's reason for their name. LOL
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13310111&postcount=66
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bellarie - A roleplay character I use to use.

Razorbacker - Um, this one is kinda extreme, so I will just say it involves animals and g@y sex....
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Whats even worse is what 4kids did to One Piece. Myself, I'm reading the Manga again just because it's so much better, that and I spend too much time gaming to bother trying to find the links to dl the subbed anime again. (used to have it on my old EHDD before it died. should have backed it up on disk lol. I think this is incentive for me to spend coin on disks again, I am starting to get a decent amount of stuff again. (almost 100Gigs of anime so far)
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options

I've never seen the uncut one......
    Whats even worse is what 4kids did to One Piece. Myself, I'm reading the Manga again just because it's so much better, that and I spend too much time gaming to bother trying to find the links to dl the subbed anime again. (used to have it on my old EHDD before it died. should have backed it up on disk lol. I think this is incentive for me to spend coin on disks again, I am starting to get a decent amount of stuff again. (almost 100Gigs of anime so far)

Wait one piece isn't **** either? Wtb internet so I can download decent animoo again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RobinCrooks - Harshlands
    RobinCrooks - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've never seen the uncut one......

Wait one piece isn't **** either?

b:angry you sir, are a disgrace to the anime/manga family

i ended up with this name on my archer because RobinHoods was taken
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2011