Reasons not to complain about Cash Shoppers

Options
reddragon999
reddragon999 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Cash Shop Huddle
Everyone complains that cash shoppers get Rank 9, and its made pretty much impossible for most people that don't cash shop to obtain. Total cost is 1,513 Gold for one character to get a full set of rank 9 gear, and that is not counting the orbs for refining it. Well think about it this way. If cash shoppers did not pay into the game as much as they do, you would not have a free to play game. It would be a pay monthly game in order for Perfect World International to keep it running. So think of the rank 9 gear as something for the cash shoppers to obtain, that only cash shoppers can get, and its a way of thanking them for making the game free to play for everyone else. You can still get Twilight Temple Gear and Nirvana Gear without cash shopping, and both of those are still end game gear. The only gear that is even better then Nirvana gear is the Rank 9 recast. So its not as big of a deal as you think. Also remember that the gear does not make the character, your skill at using the class and learning all the skills is whats going to make you good in Player VS Player mode. Someone with good Nirvana gear or even rank 8 recast (which are both obtainable without cash shopping, the rank 8 just takes awhile to build up the rep, but its possible without cash shopping) could take down a rank 9 recast character easy, if he or she does not know how to use the class or skills very well. I have seen rank 9 characters killed be 80+ characters because they power leveled, and never learned how to use the class or skills very well. If this does not help and you still feel the game is unfair because of cash shoppers, then just quit and go elsewhere. Why stay playing a game your not having any fun with. Fun is the only reason to play this game.
Post edited by reddragon999 on

Comments

• Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think one of the biggest reasons people complain is because many CSers tend to have an Elitist attitude and often, it rubs off on the spouses/friends that hang around them scurrying for their every crumb.

You've seen them, the people that swoop down in groups stomping everyone at West or Silver Pool and okay thats fine but the attitude that goes with it... is just too much. The verbal harassment of the people they kill - making fun of their avaition, gear, refines... etc..

People don't like Cash Shoppers because many of them - are just big mouth, bratty snobs.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I used to feel this way until I got to a higher level and found out how hard it is to farm your own TT gear. I need Giant Beast's Armor for tt90 and it looks like I'm going to have to buy it all because getting into a 3-1 squad is so hard at my level. Or I could wait until I'm well past 90 to get TT90 armor.

If you have to be lvl 99 to farm lvl 90 gear then f2p is broken.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • reddragon999
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think one of the biggest reasons people complain is because many CSers tend to have an Elitist attitude and often, it rubs off on the spouses/friends that hang around them scurrying for their every crumb.

You've seen them, the people that swoop down in groups stomping everyone at West or Silver Pool and okay thats fine but the attitude that goes with it... is just too much. The verbal harassment of the people they kill - making fun of their avaition, gear, refines... etc..

People don't like Cash Shoppers because many of them - are just big mouth, bratty snobs.

I understand what your saying. I have seen those types of people also, but regardless of the game you go to, the people like that will be on that game also. It sucks, but the only way to really deal with them is to ignore them, Blacklist them, or Screen shot the chat if its really bad, and get them banned for harassment. People like that are going to be that way even if they don't have the high gear. That is just the way some people are.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ban them? Don't be funny m8. As long as they pay they won't be banned. Why would pwi go against ones that's feeding them?
    I played a lot of mmos and pwi is by far one of the expensive games i saw. For example in past few mmos i didn't have to pay for my wedding. It was free. Mounts were cheaper, backpack and bank slots etc. And best of all: they weren't selling gear, only refines, runes, gems etc.
    I'm not against CS-ers. Heck i'm also buying some stuffs for my hun and me now and then. If someone have money let them spend (was always saying: better on game than drugs and alcohol b:laugh). But it bugs me that they sell everything you can ever imagine through CS. If you buy everything (gear, leveling...) in one day and finish game in one day then what's the point of playing it?
    And more important is that pwi has broken team play. With that kind of gear you don't need others. Not to mention that half classes are not needed, broken and not worth to play anymore.
    (btw i apologize also cuz my English sucks b:laugh)
  • reddragon999
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ban them? Don't be funny m8. As long as they pay they won't be banned. Why would pwi go against ones that's feeding them?
    I played a lot of mmos and pwi is by far one of the expensive games i saw. For example in past few mmos i didn't have to pay for my wedding. It was free. Mounts were cheaper, backpack and bank slots etc. And best of all: they weren't selling gear, only refines, runes, gems etc.
    I'm not against CS-ers. Heck i'm also buying some stuffs for my hun and me now and then. If someone have money let them spend (was always saying: better on game than drugs and alcohol b:laugh). But it bugs me that they sell everything you can ever imagine through CS. If you buy everything (gear, leveling...) in one day and finish game in one day then what's the point of playing it?
    And more important is that pwi has broken team play. With that kind of gear you don't need others. Not to mention that half classes are not needed, broken and not worth to play anymore.
    (btw i apologize also cuz my English sucks b:laugh)

I see what ya mean. PWI should keep some items out of the cash shop, and maybe add to the Dragon Quest Rewards, or the Token Shop. They kinda added those two things, saying that more stuff would be added, and then completely forgot about it.
  • Azealiacia - Archosaur
    Azealiacia - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    new updates are coming from PWCN that will change perfect world as we know it. They will tak eout the "solo" thing for most classes and make it mandatory to sqaud up for shiit. So teamwork and strategy will be coming soon. Lets hope it can fix this broken game...
    It's the end of PWI as we know it. Packs going to 50 cents jumped our economy up to 1mil per gold. It's over for non-cashoppers.
  • reddragon999
    edited November 2011
    Options
    new updates are coming from PWCN that will change perfect world as we know it. They will tak eout the "solo" thing for most classes and make it mandatory to sqaud up for shiit. So teamwork and strategy will be coming soon. Lets hope it can fix this broken game...

Its not over for none cash shoppers. The game is playable without paying any real money. I do hope the thing you said about the updates it true, that would be nice to have more teamwork required.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    everyone Complains That Cash Shoppers Get Rank 9, And Its Made Pretty Much Impossible For Most People That Don't Cash Shop To Obtain. Total Cost Is 1,513 Gold For One Character To Get A Full Set Of Rank 9 Gear, And That Is Not Counting The Orbs For Refining It. Well Think About It This Way. If Cash Shoppers Did Not Pay Into The Game As Much As They Do, You Would Not Have A Free To Play Game. It Would Be A Pay Monthly Game In Order For Perfect World International To Keep It Running. So Think Of The Rank 9 Gear As Something For The Cash Shoppers To Obtain, That Only Cash Shoppers Can Get, And Its A Way Of Thanking Them For Making The Game Free To Play For Everyone Else. You Can Still Get Twilight Temple Gear And Nirvana Gear Without Cash Shopping, And Both Of Those Are Still End Game Gear. The Only Gear That Is Even Better Then Nirvana Gear Is The Rank 9 Recast. So Its Not As Big Of A Deal As You Think. Also Remember That The Gear Does Not Make The Character, Your Skill At Using The Class And Learning All The Skills Is Whats Going To Make You Good In Player Vs Player Mode. Someone With Good Nirvana Gear Or Even Rank 8 Recast (which Are Both Obtainable Without Cash Shopping, The Rank 8 Just Takes Awhile To Build Up The Rep, But Its Possible Without Cash Shopping) Could Take Down A Rank 9 Recast Character Easy, If He Or She Does Not Know How To Use The Class Or Skills Very Well. I Have Seen Rank 9 Characters Killed Be 80+ Characters Because They Power Leveled, And Never Learned How To Use The Class Or Skills Very Well. If This Does Not Help And You Still Feel The Game Is Unfair Because Of Cash Shoppers, Then Just Quit And Go Elsewhere. Why Stay Playing A Game Your Not Having Any Fun With. Fun Is The Only Reason To Play This Game.

Wall Of Text O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if you're gonna be cocky with all your maxxed out gear, just because someone doesnt have the good gear, its sad.
    i'm a cashshopper, and i help everyone i see.

and what's wrong with buying gold? it's our money, go out and get a job if it's that big of a deal.

MONEY IS WORTHLESS UNLESS IT'S SPREAD AROUND. SO GRAB A NEWBIE AND HELP EM OUT:)
  • reddragon999
    edited November 2011
    Options
    gallax13th wrote: »
    if you're gonna be cocky with all your maxxed out gear, just because someone doesnt have the good gear, its sad.
    i'm a cashshopper, and i help everyone i see.

and what's wrong with buying gold? it's our money, go out and get a job if it's that big of a deal.

MONEY IS WORTHLESS UNLESS IT'S SPREAD AROUND. SO GRAB A NEWBIE AND HELP EM OUT:)

Completely agree,
    That is the attitude that more cash shoppers should have.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Details? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Some valid points here.
    I to have a peeve towards those who level/buff themselves to the max, to the point when they are like a freakin atom bomb when they attack, then deliberately PK way below them for shytes n' giggles. A really strong peeve actually. Describing what I would do to them if I met them in real life would probably get me banned, and possibly arrested. Lets leave it at that and agree that those such players need to be dealt with.

Thats just one example.

Also, another thing that bugs me are those who may not be able to afford to get gold who constantly complain that it is "unfare" how CSers can get all the good stuff, and they have to make do without... (used to see it ALL the time in the Farm Town forums as well)

As stated, games such as this NEED people to buy Zen to keep going. The game cannot run itself for everyone on just two cups of coffee! I wonder if they have any concept of just what goes into running such a game? The IT staff alone would be sizable.

Yes, I am a CSer. Over the past two months, I have spent a total of $460 on this game. I do not lord over the game, I do not PK n00bs, (ok, there was two I did, but one of them was b!tching SO HAARD that I was an @$$hole cause I would not drop what I was doin to walk him through everything, and when I told him to shut up, he brought a friend in that was higher than him to try to PK me. I PKed the 2nd one, then PKed the loudmouth because he EARNED it). Other than that, I try to actually help out others. I have gifted items to friends, and when people ask for help on quests, I offer when I can.

Maybe certain changes to how the CS and other reward systems might help the game. Then again, if you make these changes, how will it effect those who spend a lot of money on the game? Will they stop spending money? If that happens, will PWI have to start charging a monthly fee?

Always remember, there are usually MULTIPLE consequences for every action, and normally all but one will be unwanted.

Still, if in the end, the game is improved, then it needs to be considered.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    btw half the R9 out there arent cash shoppers, their merchanters >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    btw half the R9 out there arent cash shoppers, their merchanters >.>

lol, my sales skills are ****, so if I make R9, it's gonna most likely be through CSing (I dont care really, as long as I have fun)
  • Cathyx - Raging Tide
    Cathyx - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I played pwi very long time and i noticed long time ago how rude cash shoppers are they try to lie,steal,insult no cash shoppers and they dont have any moral or something how to be friendly to others...
    Example: first they are bying something then i link item what they asked for even with super low price and they want more lower price they starts insult in world chat or insult in pms lol and this was just one lil piece about that area xD

and sorry my bad english b:surrender

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People will be rude if they cash shop or not. I know several full r9 people that never spent a dime, they just merchant smart. There are posts on merchanting here on the forums, check it out. Start small and work your way up. It will not happen over night. I to have put real money in the game, but not really crazy with it. All the gear I have I farmed for, I didnt CS for it. Most of the money I spent on the game was for misc stuff and things for guildies. I have heard rumors of people selling cars and taking out morgages on their homes just to get the best gear b:chuckle. The key is not to spend the coin you get and save every penny of it, and look at the merchanting threads.

A friend of mine took him 7 months to farm a full R9 set, It takes patience, without it your lost b:surrender
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Echina - Lost City
    Echina - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    People will be rude if they cash shop or not. I know several full r9 people that never spent a dime, they just merchant smart. There are posts on merchanting here on the forums, check it out. Start small and work your way up. It will not happen over night. I to have put real money in the game, but not really crazy with it. All the gear I have I farmed for, I didnt CS for it. Most of the money I spent on the game was for misc stuff and things for guildies. I have heard rumors of people selling cars and taking out morgages on their homes just to get the best gear b:chuckle. The key is not to spend the coin you get and save every penny of it, and look at the merchanting threads.

A friend of mine took him 7 months to farm a full R9 set, It takes patience, without it your lost b:surrender

now i know why people cash shop. 7 months? that is crazy..... so it takes a year or 2 to get r8 and r9. what the hell. its not even worth your time. you can marry and have a kid or finish your master's degree in college with that time...
    b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]