Is it bannable for using a air pets onwater bosses

Options
killerleo
killerleo Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
i want to know if it's Bannable to use air pet on the water boss by raging tide!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's a clever use of game mechanics. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It used to be bannable if you are using the pet in such a way that the boss can not attack back. I guess PWE doesn't care about pet glitches any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It used to be bannable if you are using the pet in such a way that the boss can not attack back.

What kind of BS is that?

I mean, the whole idea of using an air-pet on an air- or water-monster is to stay clear of the danger. If the boss doesn't have a ranged attack, or the range is lower than your heal, that's THEIR design choice. They should have known that the game has Venomancers and air-pets.

I will most certainly NOT stand in stupid locations just to allow some monster to hit me. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a pet.

[ Not that I have an air pet that can survive a boss, so it's a bit of a theoretical thing. Works great for normal monsters, ESPECIALLY if they are melee-only ]

EDIT: and there are monsters that are actually designed to deal with Venomancers --- some monsters with ranged attacks can ignore the aggro rules and fire at me instead of the pet. Originally I thought that it's some kind of piercing missile, but they still fire at me even if I'm nowhere near the straight line between the monster and the pet. So just because the monster won't move to you doesn't mean you're safe...
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What kind of BS is that?

I mean, the whole idea of using an air-pet on an air- or water-monster is to stay clear of the danger. If the boss doesn't have a ranged attack, or the range is lower than your heal, that's THEIR design choice. They should have known that the game has Venomancers and air-pets.

I will most certainly NOT stand in stupid locations just to allow some monster to hit me. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a pet.

[ Not that I have an air pet that can survive a boss, so it's a bit of a theoretical thing. Works great for normal monsters, ESPECIALLY if they are melee-only ]

EDIT: and there are monsters that are actually designed to deal with Venomancers --- some monsters with ranged attacks can ignore the aggro rules and fire at me instead of the pet. Originally I thought that it's some kind of piercing missile, but they still fire at me even if I'm nowhere near the straight line between the monster and the pet. So just because the monster won't move to you doesn't mean you're safe...
    Asterelle is right... It seems you're talking about bosses with AOE.
    There is a glitch on certain bosses that if you fly right above them and send you pet to attack, the boss will not attack back, while the boss does receive damage
    and that is glitching.
    Using an airpet for watermobs without using that specific glitch however is perfectly fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mowriyah - Sanctuary
    Mowriyah - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As long the mobs / bosses, whatever u fight, can fight back then there should be no problem.
    Myself i tanked a waterboss in heaven with nix for my 99 culti (maybe culti 100, i dont remember) the boss was damn annoying, it just DIDN'T wanted to move so i could only hit it with bash, no normal attacks... Imagine how long time that take when boss have 1mil+ hp and only able to use bash every few seconds.. The boss used magic and was able to hit nix, so i was just healing my pet like crazy whole time. I'm glad my nix got lvl 100 now also...
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Using air pet for water mobs wont be a banable offence if the pets is being hitten. ( Which means it has a chance to actually die) I have done it many times at my 60s (not water pet) and noone found it illegal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A long time ago - back when people would "grind" for levels...
    There was a glitch where venos could attack mobs from the sky and not take any damage and it made a bunch of people QQ and it was made bannable.