APS bm or axe bm?

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Blademaster
Hi everyone i was just wondering if i could get some advice on my bm thanks in advance.

Ok so here is my problem. I have full nirvana HA and second stage axes with zerk and warsong ornies on my barb.
I checked this build on my bm (vit build btw have str and dex for armour on this build thats 252 base str 54 base dex and rest into vit) and i had around 16.5k hp unbuffed
http://pwcalc.com/5426641c1cb944ac = bm set up for max hp

But when i restat for aps (2.86 unsparked, that is me with -int robe tt99 phys ornies deicides and rest of my barbs gear. With this build i have around13.5khp unbuffed.) I refuse to go any higher aps wise because that would involve losing nirvana gear and that would just **** up my hp.
http://pwcalc.com/1ea655dac83818c3 = bm set up for aps

So what i was hoping i could get advice on is: Should i keep my bm pure axe build for the extra hp or should i restat to 2.86 base aps but lose like 3k hp?
If it helps i will pve with this toon but it will mostly be pvp thanks in advance for any responses
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    For PvE go aps.
    For PvP 4.0 aps is fine but get 200 dex with gear on, even if you use axe 90% of the time.

Btw, in PvE getting more aps at the sacrifice of a little hp will probably help you survive better because you can use skills and still remain permasparked, you can spark resist boss attacks, and your increase in dps combined with paint means better heals.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Separating aps and axes is soooo last year. It's all about 5.0 axes now: http://pwcalc.com/3a03a77bcb1f2aef
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I am 2.86 without cloud eruption. This means that when we have 2 or more bm's, i spark first and the 5aps ones with cloud eruption do spark+hf. Next time when the other bms spark, i do the hf. After the hf i have to use cyclone heel to get my sparks back to triple spark with the rest next time.

During bh runs i tend to hf first, there isn't enough time for me to spark usually. It takes about 15 seconds to get 1 spark back with cyclone heel to spark again. It takes the next 10~15 seconds to get the 2 sparks back for the next hf. So in a hf cycle you can spark if 4 aps, 3.33 is much harder to do.

If you have BP and 4 aps, a mystic can keep you alive at most bosses. Don't need a cleric. 3.33 aps is a losing battle to get your 3 sparks back without genie. Plus BP heals quite well if you cancel out magic attacks from bosses.

All the above is for PVE only and my experience with it, i don't pvp, so can't help there.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Thanks people
    Btw Aasaf if i do go for aps it will mainly be so i can have a half decent damage ouput compared to pure axe. Atm if i am fighting a boss i hf/glacial spike instead of sparking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Demon spark dmg will be greater than axes, i think. The reason why I hf is because there are 5 other players in the squad, and if my 5~15 seconds of low dmg increases their damage more, i will use hf. Works especially well when people spark and use their max attack skill.

For example when you spark your dmg goes from 4.2k (minimum) to 11k(minimum) (mob/boss lvl dmg reduction and all the fun stuff will change those numbers) axes are 5.8k minimum. That is why i prefer to have 4 aps, i can spark and hf in 30 seconds. If i have 3.33 aps, i miss out. If the squad is good i use a hf macro b:avoid. It's all about having fun. Sometimes the macro gets stuck and i blame someone in the squad b:chuckle.

In truth dmg = weapon refine+shard. I use +5 deicides with perfect garnet. I find the dmg is fine as a dd support role. It is no where good enough in nirvana, trials, pq, fcc as the main tank/dd. +10 deicide would get you there though. Your gear is far better than mine, your hp is good, if you use lvl 10 bell with demon/sage marrows, that will keep you well buffed. If you use those axes on your aps build, you will instantly be a great dd/tank all round in delta, metal, fire, lunar, seat, abba, vana, fcc, tt, trials and pq.

Another drawback of 4 aps, barbs will have a hard time to keep agro if there is no other higher aps person in squad. Just be mindful of that little fact, sometimes clerics heal barbs when you are tanking b:chuckle. To test out whether you are ready, can always try tanking bh69, or if you feel daring to check whether the gear is good, do a tm run with friends.

If you have preference for specific gear pieces, you'll have to change the setup somewhat to keep 4 aps. If you want cube neck, you lose -0.05 int, that means 2 tt 99 HA or LA pieces.

A better option might be to get the tome instead, and change out the 2 tt99 HA ornaments. I restated the builds so the max dex with items is 200, and the rest is in str.

Your build

Put tome, elemental warsong belt+cube neck

Put tome, elemental warsong belt+cube neck+Lunar ringsx2

Put tome, elemental warsong belt+cube neck+Sky cover ringx2

Put tome, physical warsong belt+elemental cube neck+Lunar ringsx2

Put tome, physical warsong belt+elemental cube neck+Sky Coverx2

All the above builds depend on the tome. The sky cover ring can be farmed(80% chance at best), gives me something to do with all my gear and not be bored. Also depends on how much money you want to spend to alter your build slightly. Will cost you 300~800m more.

Dex should always be in intervals of 20, learnt that from Sakubatou. So either 200 or 220, it makes crit rate go up by 1. I set it to 200 in the builds. What you gain from your build and the last one is more HP(1k increase), slightly more phy def (160 more, better gains at higher refines compared to original build), better mag defense (500, before you only get mag resist from the ring, now the cube necklace will provide it), accuracy went up by 1k, attack lvl went up by 5, dmg went up as well, crit rate crossed 20% mark (mental thing, 1/5 shots).

In my opinion both your proposed build and the one i gave at the end are amazing and should play well. The proposed changes will only be coin sink, but do look into the rings if bored with the bm and have nothing to do. Get a sin+cleric, and should take 40~90 minutes to do pq once. You could get it from packs as well or buy the rings, but i like to farm, stops me from complaining that there is no end game stuff to do.

See if the builds help you see how different pieces change, if it doesn't don't bother with them. Sorry about the length, the post ran away from me.
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    As im sure you can tell from my gear it hasnt finished yet. I agree i need that tome but the main reason i picked out phys tt99 ornaments was so i could put them on in a pinch for pk say if a sin with +12 r9 was sparking on me. Thanks for the help Aasaf i know what to do now.

This is going to be me endgame http://pwcalc.com/ab20586b8937a838
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Glad to help, just wanted to point out two things. If possible get your weapon to +12 rather than +10 only, you can do that at the cost of refining the cape in the start, lvl 12 item will not refine as well as lvl 15 for hp. Another if you are not opposed to the idea, you can take out points from vit and restat them to str.

The difference in present setup would be you would do more dmg, 772 more from restat alone and lose 1k hp (you can refine 3 vana pieces to +11 or 1 vana piece to +12 to get hp back). If you also do +12 to your weapon you do 2615 more dmg (when pure str) or 1 222 when having vit.

I was planning on getting +11~+12 weapon before doing anything else. Others might give better cost/benefit analysis of having 2 r9 pieces vs 1,3,4,5. I don't know about rank gear.
  • Angelstealth - Harshlands
    Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Both.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Popular BMs go both ways.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Popular BMs go both ways.

Hawt b:dirty