antidote?

Noircir - Momaganon
Noircir - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello everybody!

I am on the quest right now where I have to kill 25 of those poisonous ghouls, but they always poison me and I die thanks to it, is there any kind of antidote?

Thank you very much in advance!
Post edited by Noircir - Momaganon on

Comments

• Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hello everybody!

I am on the quest right now where I have to kill 25 of those poisonous ghouls, but they always poison me and I die thanks to it, is there any kind of antidote?

Thank you very much in advance!

The short answer is that there is a cure, Clerics with the purify skill, Seekers with Quid Pro Quo and there are also Genie skills. HOWEVER, they are higher level skills.

The poison is not very long lasting, the easiest way to survive it is to make sure you are stocked with HP Pots and make sure you have adequate Vit to boost your HP.

Another tip that works well for any class is to make or buy Life Powder. It is a player made Apothecary item that you can use from Level 10. It gives you 50HP heal per second for a whole 10 minutes!
    At lower levels it makes you almost invincible because it is healing you so much compared to your HP pool.

For comparison the highest level Cleric Regeneration Buff only regenerates 10HP per second.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The short answer is that there is a cure, Clerics with the purify skill, Seekers with Quid Pro Quo and there are also Genie skills. HOWEVER, they are higher level skills.

The poison is not very long lasting, the easiest way to survive it is to make sure you are stocked with HP Pots and make sure you have adequate Vit to boost your HP.

Another tip that works well for any class is to make or buy Life Powder. It is a player made Apothecary item that you can use from Level 10. It gives you 50HP heal per second for a whole 10 minutes!
    At lower levels it makes you almost invincible because it is healing you so much compared to your HP pool.

For comparison the highest level Cleric Regeneration Buff only regenerates 10HP per second.

in combat, thats cut by 3/4, so its only healing 12.5 per second in combat
    still, it may be enough
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Noircir - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    Thank you very much! This really helps me a lot.
    But theres still one question left, how do I get Life Powder? Do I need to look through cat shops, so i might find it? Or is there any other way to be able to obtain it.

Thanks once again :3
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thank you very much! This really helps me a lot.
    But theres still one question left, how do I get Life Powder? Do I need to look through cat shops, so i might find it? Or is there any other way to be able to obtain it.

Thanks once again :3

Life Powder is a player crafted level 1 Pot. You can buy it from other players, but it isn't easily found in Catshops and often quite expensive (about 5-6K each on HT server.)

To make it, get the Apothecary Skill Quest from your Elder. Once you learn the skill, you will need 15 Nectar and 10 Golden Herb to make 5 Life Powder at the Apothecary NPC. You can easily harvest these herbs outside starter cities, or buy them from Catshops. Nectar tends to be expensive to buy because it is used in many different Pots.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    whats your class and gear? what are your stats?

technically the game shouldnt send you to mobs that keep on killing you, much less give a super toxin that you keep on dying =/

wondering if your gear/stat is part of the problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ruquel - Dreamweaver
    Ruquel - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You will need apothecary skill to make life powder. Gather herbs and manufacture at Apothecary NPC's. Make sure to buy a pickaxe from a merchant.

Simply speak with the Elder of your city and he will assist you.

Life Powder (5)
    Increases HP recovery rate by 50 per second for next 10 minutes.
    Recipe: 15 Nectar, 10 Golden Herb

At lvl 45 you can also make level 3 anti poison potion and there all sorts of pills and potions that you can make...

Just go to any apothecary npc and select manufacture... you will see a list including the anti=poison you're after ;) I use it a lot

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Crafting_Reference

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Crafting
  • Noircir - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    whats your class and gear? what are your stats?

technically the game shouldnt send you to mobs that keep on killing you, much less give a super toxin that you keep on dying =/

wondering if your gear/stat is part of the problem

Class: Seeker
    LV: 22

VIT: 26
    STR:65
    MAG:10
    DEX:29

Armor:
    Corona Set LV 4 (two stars)
    Top: Physical Defense-412 All others-175 each (wood, fire...)
    Pants: Physical Defense-353 All others:150 each
    Helmet: Dex+35
    Weapon: Attack 41-61 (Not the best sword, I know ^^'')
    And some other stuff like belt, talismans and so on. Tried to use mainly the ones which push my defense.

And yeah I kinda have all the skills you can get till level 22

I've already got the apothecary skill to LV 1 so I will make some life powders now :3

And thanks again to everyone who replied so far!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tip on venomous ghouls: Don't open up with your ranged skills, causing them to continuously poison you. Run up and start whacking them at melee range (you can use your ranged skills once you're in melee range), so they will (mostly) whack back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Tip on venomous ghouls: Don't open up with your ranged skills, causing them to continuously poison you. Run up and start whacking them at melee range (you can use your ranged skills once you're in melee range), so they will (mostly) whack back.

this. they'll poison you once as you run up usually, but after that its pretty much melee attack.

as others have said, life powder/lots of pots.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • benni40
    benni40 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i need help,
    i am new and have the problem that i cant wear new items...

i am lvl 18 and must wear items for lvl 1 cause ! : i dont have enough strenght for them ...what can i do now to wear them ...
  • Noircir - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, using this techinque in combination with the life powder works fine ^^
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    benni40 wrote: »
    i need help,
    i am new and have the problem that i cant wear new items...

i am lvl 18 and must wear items for lvl 1 cause ! : i dont have enough strenght for them ...what can i do now to wear them ...

1) Don't hijack other people's threads. Start a new one.

2) Hit C to open up your character sheet, then adjust your stats so you can wear higher level gear. At level 18, you should have earned 17x5=85 stat poins you can apply. How many of which you should put where depends on your class. If you've already dumped all your stat points in stats other than strength... well... you could buy a reset note, but at your level it isn't worth it, start a new character, and pay attention to what stats you need for your class's gear this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Class: Seeker
    LV: 22

VIT: 26
    STR:65
    MAG:10
    DEX:29
    looks like your problems got answered already

just a FYI tho, in red, dont add anymore MAG >.> u will regret it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan