Auction House (player ripoff) bug(?)

Options
DredOpal - Heavens Tear
DredOpal - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
It's nice to see so few players online after being screwed by PW support. I worked weeks to get up to 2 immaculates that I could sell for ~800k apiece. After the sales and the ~50k each that I would have to pay the AH, I should have earned myself exactly 1.5 Mil coins. But, in spite of the gems selling, I got not one coin from the sales.

This was my second complaint about not receiving money from the AH on sales. The first complaint I reopened a couple times, because I was blown off by the support person and not really given an answer except that their logs showed I'd gotten the payments. Though, those were only a couple of about 140k each.

But the last, 1.5 mil was too much. I got the same blow off as the first time. The logs showed that I got my money. But, it was no mistake, because I had only a little more than 1.8 mil in my account. I should have had 3+ mil after the sales. That was weeks of work building up my gems in AH to that point.

At first, it appeared someone would talk with me, except they scheduled a meeting without getting my acknowledgement - so I didn't know about it. They did seem to actually be interested in getting my input when I told them that I was having problems with my computer at the time and couldn't at the moment meet them. They told me, "Take your time and let us know when you are ready." But, 3 days later they closed my ticket again.

Until this month, I haven't played since last January. It was kind of funny, because at the time of the ripoff, (even though I was making money buying and selling gems at the AH) I'd been planning to spend about $100 real money at the Boutique. Not that PW would consider that a lot probably, but I'd only spent $40-50 before. Now, I wouldn't give them another dime.

Gold at the time was selling for about 430k each, so they ripped me off for close to $3.48 of what equates to real money. Maybe a bit more if you include the first complaint/ticket.

Additionally, there were other times that I'd have left 10 or so items in the AH overnight and came back in the morning to find I'd only received 5-6 payoffs or fee returns. I wasn't tracking each of the sales, and it appears that it wouldn't matter, because the support people would just say their *logs* showed that the money had been sent to me.

But as I say, the last was different. I had listed two immaculate (citrines I believe) for 790-800k each and they sold apparently as I didn't get them back. I'm not exactly sure now, without looking at the ticket, but the amount they were listed for would have meant a return to me of 750k each. Or, 1.5 mil for both. It's too large an amount to have made a mistake with, and yet PW Support just blew me off.

So, I'm happy to see that many people apparently have quit playing the game. I'd be happy to submit my complaint for a class-action lawsuit if one came up. It's hard to tell if PW is stealing back money through the auction house on purpose, or just the incompetence of the support personnel. But, the rudeness of the support personnel makes it seem like a known problem. Because no one was really interested in resolving the issue.
Post edited by DredOpal - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    uhhh it took u weeks to get two immacs??? You can buy tokens for 10k each and MAKE immacs from the PW agent by the bankers for like 700k each. I'm surprised you even sold those for 800 lol

As for the lost money.... u sure u didnt' hit delete real fast by accident after opening the mail? This is one bug I've NEVER heard of before...

Btw u coulda gone and farmed mats or something and made a mil or more (depends how much u get) in a day..... if you're THAT bored.. ijs
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Same, never heard of this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • DredOpal - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, I gave u the benefit of a doubt, and checked. You apparently no nothing about what you're talking about. The PW Boutique Agent doesn't sell tokens. If you check the AH, immaculate citrines are still selling for about 800k, sometimes less. That's how I made my money, by buying the lower priced and selling for the higher.

I don't see how you could make a million in a day farming, unless that's all you did for hours each day. I didn't want to spend hours and hours every day farming, but I spent a lot of game time looking for people selling gems at low prices, and then turning around and selling for a bit higher. And yes, it took weeks of doing that to get up to 1.5 mil in coins.

After a year and a half of playing, I no longer click delete on a message until I get the contents. It took only a couple mistakes like that to get in the habit of taking the items first. But still, I'm not an idiot. I would known if I did that and never would have submitted the ticket in the first place. Just as if I'd spent the money upgrading my skills, which can also deplete your money.

I put the items in the AH before going to bed, in the morning when I logged on, there was nothing at all in my mailbox. And, there was no sales listings in the AH either.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Farming earns you 1 mil in 1 hour if you know how to do it

No, the PW boutique agent does NOT sell tokens, players do, often found in catshops around the one in west, on my server at lease. You buy the tokens from the players and trade them.

If you didn't even know that much, I'm assuming you're just incompetent and can't understand the way the game works...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL i didnt' say the boutique agent sold tokens u dolt..... holy hell rofl

and ok u dont' wanan spend hours..... so spend a couple hours.. and make a **** load more then the time u wasted in WEEKS trying to make two fracking shards... b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    1) Buy Tokens from catshop for 10k-10200 each

2) Turn them into immacs

3)????

4)Profit

And are you sure you're mailbox wasn't full and that it didn't just go to the queue? I've had mail show up after I've deleted mail before. I've used the ah for years and have never had a single problem with it.

I think ( can't login in check atm) it costs like 14 tokens to make one flawless citrine/garnet shard. 14*10200=142800 to make a flawless shard. I think it takes like 4-5 flawless to make an immac. I think it's 5 if i recall correctly. 5*142800=714000. Bam, you got your 800k immac shard to sell. -__-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The issue of course is not how to make money, the issue is that the AH has a bug that steals money from players, and that PW support people do nothing about it.

If you made a million farming in one minute, but never got the money through the AH, you would still make $0.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The issue of course is not how to make money, the issue is that the AH has a bug that steals money from players, and that PW support people do nothing about it.

If you made a million farming in one minute, but never got the money through the AH, you would still make $0.

The only "bug" from the AH is that the AH takes it's fee twice, once when you put the item up for sale and again when they send the coin back to you. So selling stuff for less than 1k in the AH is utterly pointless. Are you sure you didn't put the shards in for 800 coins rather than 800k coins, you wouldn't have necessarily noticed a couple of zeros missing. And when it took it's fee it might have taken the whole thing . I'm not entirely sure that's even possible, but considering it does return the fee taken from your item I guess its not outside the realm of probability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, I gave u the benefit of a doubt, and checked. You apparently no nothing about what you're talking about.
    Oh look, another snarky, self-assured, know-it-all who is quick to insult players who know more than him, because he's already convinced himself that PWI MUST have ripped him off, because he doesn't makes mistakes.

I've generated about 20 billion coins of total wealth as a merchant over the years, and encountered exactly 0 bugs that cost me any profits. The one time I did discover a trade related bug (the one where a cat-shop sometimes doesn't record purchases correctly), PWI quickly responded and confirmed that the error only affects the display, and not the underlying transactions.

When you consider I make my profits 5% at a time, that means I've literally had about 400,000,000,000 coins pass through my fingers at some point or another, and not 1 coin has ever been lost to a cat-shop / Auction House / NPC / etc... / bug.

The only time I've ever lost any money was due to a failure of the equipment that sits on top of my neck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited November 2011
    Options
    1) Buy Tokens from catshop for 10k-10200 each

2) Turn them into immacs

3)????

4)Profit

And are you sure you're mailbox wasn't full and that it didn't just go to the queue? I've had mail show up after I've deleted mail before. I've used the ah for years and have never had a single problem with it.

Thank you for the polite answer and info. After I go through my mail and take all the items, I then delete the mail, so no, my mailbox wasn't full. When I logged in the next morning, it was empty and the gems were gone from my AH sales. Yes, I waited a while for the mail to show up and it didn't. And now, it's been 11 months and still hasn't arrived;)

Are you absolutely sure that you've gotten the money back for every single transaction? I too made hundreds of sales without "noticing" a problem.

I suspect that these may have happened during heavy game/server times, and that the game logs show nothing, but possibly the actual OS logs might show a problem. But, the second part of the problem was the support people being unwilling to work with me.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I sell in the AH every day; cause when I grow up I want to be WarrenWolfy (at least I want to have your bank account man - oh and thanks for the guide......)

....but no, I've never experienced the problem you've described. Once, however I couldnt send an alt something in the mail because it was locked out through lack of use. It worked fine once I logged back into that alt account. Something like that maybe?
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only "bug" from the AH is that the AH takes it's fee twice, once when you put the item up for sale and again when they send the coin back to you. So selling stuff for less than 1k in the AH is utterly pointless. Are you sure you didn't put the shards in for 800 coins rather than 800k coins, you wouldn't have necessarily noticed a couple of zeros missing. And when it took it's fee it might have taken the whole thing . I'm not entirely sure that's even possible, but considering it does return the fee taken from your item I guess its not outside the realm of probability.

Yes, I do know about making mistakes and have laughed at people selling single items for 500 coins. When I put an item up for sale, especially when the listings comprise 1.5 million coins, I double check what I've listed. Had I listed them for 800 coins, the 500 fee is taken from my account at that moment, not from the sale. Then, the fee the AH takes, calculated based on the selling price is taken. IE: I should have had some mail with cash from the AH sale in my inbox. Even if the fee was all or more than I'd asked for, I should have had an "Item Sold" email in my box.

The "bug" you talk about is not a bug, it's the way the game functions. What I'm talking about is a *real* bug.
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if the game started to lagg and your pc a scan or something, game it freezes and you might be surprised on how many buttons/windows you clicked without seeing them 1 by 1 by mistake if you are not patient or careful ..till the game reverts to its default fps or speed ,whatever.
    I was almost to delete some mails by mistake when game lagged !!

i never got in return 0 coins from auctioning something.

( before working with AH or mail check if the game is ok on ping or you didnt lagged in the last time)

I cant say this is impossible but ppl can or did lose/deleted/sold items by mistake bcoz of the lagg too. And devs i guess cant return items back bcoz they dont know if/when you lagg , you cant prove it in time and also its not their fault if its from ISP or internet speed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've sold things in the AH probably hundreds of times more often than you and can confirm there is no glitch. The AH always mails you back coins or the original item. The problem is on your end or perhaps the problem is someone else who has access to your account and stealing from your mailbox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To those who have written and said they have 0 loss at the auction house, and have made several thousand sales there, I'd like to see your tracking records. Because I'd bet that you have lost a couple. But, my guess is you haven't tracked them, and are only guessing that you've never lost them, because you didn't notice.

As far as the "token" issue. In checking the best price I could find per token was $10595 each. It would cost you 147830 coins for each Flawless you bought, you would need 5 to make an immaculate. Then, if you sold it for 790000 (I'm thinking that's what I sold mine for, but it has been 10 months), you would get a return of 750000. I'm not counting the 500 listing, but you can add it if you want.

5 Flawless @ 147830 each = 1 immaculate @ 739150

======
    10850 profit

You can only sell 2-3 immaculate each day for this price. So, let's see at 3 a day that's 32550 profit. If you managed to sell 3 a day every day for 46.08 days, you'd make 1.5 mil. Or, something like 6.5 weeks.

If you actually could find a place to buy tokens consistently at 10k per (which I seriously doubt as your consistent buying would drive prices up) and got the immaculate at 700k and then sold it for 790k @ 3 per day it would take you 30 days. Or, 4.28 weeks. That was my breakpoint BTW. I never paid more than 700k for an immaculate.

So, yes to make 1.5 million took weeks.

As far as the farming, only high level items I saw were selling for 6k - at least they were listed at that, selling is a different matter. To make 1 million coins it would take 166.66 of them. Not counting the auction fees. These items were also high level, so I'm not sure I was even in the areas where I could have farmed whatever vague item you are talking about. The items I saw were metals, of which, you only get 1 per stop. I seriously doubt even with the fastest mount that you could farm 166 of these specific items in an hour, much less put them up for sale & sell them. Unless you are talking about farming in a specific instance, where I haven't been yet, then I believe your troll to be BS.

And, sorry, it's not been caused by lag or user error. I didn't click any button too many times, or delete any mail. As I have said before, I put the two gems up for sale in the AH as my last action for the night, checked the listings, and logged out. In the morning when I logged in, there was no mail - you know the envelope icon at the top right of the screen. So, I thought they didn't sell. But, I went and checked the AH, and the items were gone; ie: no longer up for sale. I logged into mail, just to see if they were not indicating on the main page, but there was no mail in the inbox.

I've been working with computers, programming and support of same, since the 1970's and do most things in a careful step-by-step manner. Even responding to the first responder here, while I was a little brash, was made that way, because I checked and his response was written and posted 6 minutes after I posted the original post. So, my response was colored a bit by being irritated that 6 minutes wasn't enough time to read and carefully digest what I was saying, as well as the person being critical in the method that I made game coin.

The gems were correctly and successfully posted in the AH.
    At some time they apparently sold.
    I received no email regarding sale of same, nor the money for them.
    PW support, other than telling me their logs showed me getting paid have made no effort to research the issue.

And yes, I too - long ago, got good support from the PW support people. But, not for these last issues.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh, and to the last person - PW support confirms that no one has **** or used my account, and for the rest of your post read my previous response that no one else has EVER not gotten paid by the AH. From my experience you are deluding yourself, because you haven't actually manually tracked every one of the thousands of items.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh, and to the last person - PW support confirms that no one has **** or used my account, and for the rest of your post read my previous response that no one else has EVER not gotten paid by the AH. From my experience you are deluding yourself, because you haven't actually manually tracked every one of the thousands of items.

It's hard to miss not getting anything from the auction house. You don't have to manually track many AH sales to remember that you lost coin.
    The gems were correctly and successfully posted in the AH.
    At some time they apparently sold.
    I received no email regarding sale of same, nor the money for them.
    PW support, other than telling me their logs showed me getting paid have made no effort to research the issue.

Well "logs showing you getting paid" IS getting some research on the issue. They can't really research anymore into the matter. The rest of your post wasn't really directed at me..it does take awhile to raise 1.5mil in the 70s as a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Welcome to PWI support.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    10850 profit

Really? You really sell only 2 items a day for THAT profit? In that case farming is much more of an option to get coins.. Go and kill some mobs for DQ Items.. That will get you 3k+ for an item + DQ-Points.. Even below the higher lvl it's worth it.. Economy in that game is bad any way.. If you wana resell, get sth that gets you more +. Selling shards is definitly not the best item for that.

I did several trades with AH too and also NEVER had an error and I play PW for almost 4 years now..
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's hard to miss not getting anything from the auction house. You don't have to manually track many AH sales to remember that you lost coin.

If you don't think that when you put 20-30 items up for auction every day for a month and occasionally have 1 or 2 payments missing, and that you can remember every single item you put up EVER, without manually tracking them, you are simply not facing reality.

Well "logs showing you getting paid" IS getting some research on the issue. They can't really research anymore into the matter. The rest of your post wasn't really directed at me..it does take awhile to raise 1.5mil in the 70s as a cleric.

Since it was submitted as a Bug Report, only checking the game logs IS insufficient research. Especially, when they blow you off without asking questions to see whether you know what you are talking about. And, actually none of my post was directed at you since your prior comment simply reflected that you hadn't seen it. I don't expect everyone to have noticed it. And, actually not getting something from the AH is less noticeable than if you received a notice reminding you that you'd had something there. I mean, if you put up 20 items and come back the next day and have 19 emails with money, what is to remind you that you actually had 20?
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Really? You really sell only 2 items a day for THAT profit? In that case farming is much more of an option to get coins.. Go and kill some mobs for DQ Items.. That will get you 3k+ for an item + DQ-Points.. Even below the higher lvl it's worth it.. Economy in that game is bad any way.. If you wana resell, get sth that gets you more +. Selling shards is definitly not the best item for that.

I did several trades with AH too and also NEVER had an error and I play PW for almost 4 years now..

Reading comprehension = NOT
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Welcome to PWI support.

Yes, thank you:) That's a big part of it alright.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dred, I haven't noticed that type of bug before. I'm a casual AH seller but I'll keep my eyes open in the future.

TBH, and not a slam against you, you may have missed something in the transaction.
    ( I won't list as others above have already done that.)

While I'm no friend of PWI support (or lack of support), they normally refund or replace coins or items that are lost to bugs rather quickly. (quick in pwi means 2-3 weeks)

I don't know about HT but in LC, shards just don't move in AH... so if you are selling them, good on ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dred, I haven't noticed that type of bug before. I'm a casual AH seller but I'll keep my eyes open in the future.

TBH, and not a slam against you, you may have missed something in the transaction.
    ( I won't list as others above have already done that.)

While I'm no friend of PWI support (or lack of support), they normally refund or replace coins or items that are lost to bugs rather quickly. (quick in pwi means 2-3 weeks)

I don't know about HT but in LC, shards just don't move in AH... so if you are selling them, good on ya.

Thanks, I appreciate an open answer/statement. I am certain that I made no goofs on the transaction. But, feel free to doubt.

PWI made no offers of restitution, just posted a response stating that the logs showed that I'd received the money and closed the ticket without seeing or asking whether I had further response. And, when I reopened the ticket, they set up an appointment with me for a weekend I was out of town. And, when I didn't show for the appointment I didn't know about, they closed the ticket. I reopened the ticket and told them I'd like to meet with a GM, but that my computer was having issues and it would take a few days to get them resolved. Their response was no problem take your time and let them know when I was ready. Three days later they closed the ticket again. I would liked to have met the GM and shown them that I only had 1.8 mil in my account, so that they would realize that I couldn't have gotten or not gotten 1.5 mil without noticing.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've seen threads like this a couple of times recently. My though it always, "how full is your mailbox?"
    I mean, we see people posting all the time that they can't get a quest or item and it turns out that their quest list is just full.
    How full is your mailbox? How many Jones/O'Malley's Blessings have you got stored there?
    There is a limit, I believe it's 30 system mails and 20 player mails. That means that if you have 25 blessings in your box, and have 10 auctions going, when they finish, 5 won't be able to be delivered to you.
    I don't know if the system queues them so that you will receive it after you make room, but with the way the rest of the game is coded, I'd bet not.

I never set auctions i don't have mail space for just because that thought scares me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How full is your mailbox? ...

This was answered in a previous post - I keep NOTHING in my mailbox. It was empty when I put the 2 gems into the AH the night before, and it was empty still when I logged in the next morning to find no new mail and nothing up for sale in AH.

The ONLY "user error" that happened was when I imagined that PWI Support would help with the issue. Believe it or not!

I do agree with you about the game coding, and my guess is that the system was too busy and the AH sales were made, the mail delivery queued, the log notated and then because it was too busy it dropped the queued mail. Not sure whether this is Unix or MS, but I have worked with a Mail Admin that could go back and find this lost mail on a Unix mail server. That's one of the reasons that I know that things like this can happen. Don't know on an MS system, but it's probably just lost then, though there might be some log somewhere showing some kind of problem at the time.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If you don't think that when you put 20-30 items up for auction every day for a month and occasionally have 1 or 2 payments missing, and that you can remember every single item you put up EVER, without manually tracking them, you are simply not facing reality.
    In the words of Bugs Bunny: "Eh, he don't know me very well, do he?" b:chuckle

I tend to take my merchanting kinda seriously. For example, I have sold thousands of pigments in the Auction House. Not only did I manually track every single transactions, I recorded every transaction's quantity, selling price, and speed-of-sale in an Excel spreadsheet.

While I haven't kept most of the notes, I did publish the final results at PWI-Insider.

It's possible that you have, indeed, discovered a new bug. However, if that's the case then the bug is certainly something new that was introduced in the latest patch. You can be reassured then, in the fact that soon there will be other players suffering from the same bug who will collaborate your story.
    Not sure whether this is Unix or MS, but I have worked with a Mail Admin that could go back and find this lost mail on a Unix mail server.
    The servers run on Linux, and is multi-threaded.

All transactions are journaled, which is why even the most mundane transactions can sometimes take several seconds as the various threads wait for each other to confirm each step of the transaction. That's why items that for whatever reason are lost, bugged, or duped get corrected automatically by the server, usually by re-logging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Like WarrenWolfy said, could be that you found a new bug. Something similar has happened to me before, but that is my mistake. I see that an item has been sold, i open the mail, jump for joy and close the mail. Luckily when i have to repair items i find 0 coins, i hurry over to the mailbox and open that mail again, click on item and get my money.

In the above scenario, could be that you forgot to click on item to receive the money and the mail expired after 2 days.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Like WarrenWolfy said, could be that you found a new bug. Something similar has happened to me before, but that is my mistake. I see that an item has been sold, i open the mail, jump for joy and close the mail. Luckily when i have to repair items i find 0 coins, i hurry over to the mailbox and open that mail again, click on item and get my money.

In the above scenario, could be that you forgot to click on item to receive the money and the mail expired after 2 days.

even if you open the mail, until you take the item out, the 2 day timer does not start
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear
    ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I have done approximately 2 AH sales a week, on average, over the last 3 years. Though I don't use the AH for selling as often as others on this thread do, I can guarantee that I have tracked every single sale attempt. I have never lost a payment on a single transaction.

On the other hand, to address another post on this thread stating in effect that there are no bugs that affect merchant coin receipt: There are, actually, two somewhat related issues wherein money can be lost if you use a lighter shop. I have ticketed both these bugs:

1. During the early days of the lighter shop, you would not receive your 10-million notes, nor the coin equivalent, on a sale of 10 million or more from a lighter shop if your inventory was full at the time of transaction - even if you already had a stack of 10-million big-notes in inventory before that. I believe this is now fixed, but I have not had the courage to risk 10 million coin to experiment and verify.

2. If you happen to close your shop just as a 10-million or greater purchase happens, AND YOU MOVE your character immediately, the 10-million notes, which are actually posted to your inventory via an internal quest, do not arrive, ever. Apparently the transaction quest chain is tied to your location, and moving causes that internal quest to fail. You do not receive the money after relogging either, which was what the ticket response had asked me to check.

The first time I ticketed, a GM, BearClaw I think, did spend time investigating the issue and talking with me in-game. They even checked whether I had mailed money to someone else, or dropped coin onto the ground. They finally closed the ticket with an admission that I had not received precisely 10 million (one big-note) that I should have, but that they were under no obligation to compensate me. There is a thread on the forums where I discussed this issue in detail, if you search for posts by me.

The second time I ticketed, which was much more recently, they simply did not respond.

This may well indicate a reduction in support quality within PWE over time, or some sort of ticketing overload.