Melee Fox Form

Options
amazingbomar
amazingbomar Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Venomancer
I want to be a pure Fox Form Venomancer. If I go heavy armour, would I have enough MAG to wear current magic weapons, or would I have to wear underleveled armour or weapons?

If I go light armour, would I have enough strength to deal decent damage in Fox Form?

What's the lowest amount of MAG to wield magic weapons?
Post edited by amazingbomar on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    3 mag/level for magic weapons, 2.5 str, .5 dex/level for heavy armor. That's a total of 6 stat points per level, and you only get 5. You have to troll AH for +stat ornaments/cape/hat/-req armor or weapon to wear at-level heavy armor and magic weapon.

Even with that, you won't deal as much damage as a pure melee class. Light does less but with slightly greater crit%, but no where near as much as a pure light class (archer/sin)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • amazingbomar
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If I went light, would I have extra points to add to strength for more damage?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Not without trolling AH for +stat ornaments/cape/hat. Light is 1 str, 1 dex per level, which with the magic weapon 3 mag/level requirement puts you right at 5 stat points per level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amazingbomar
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Not without trolling AH for +stat ornaments/cape/hat. Light is 1 str, 1 dex per level, which with the magic weapon 3 mag/level requirement puts you right at 5 stat points per level.

Well thank you for the information, I'll do that.
  • amazingbomar
    edited November 2011
    Options
    At level 8, what should my stats look like? What should they be at level 9?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Up to level 19, you'll have no problem finding enough stat points for even heavy. When you get the level 20 gear is where you'll start to run into difficulties.

As for what your stats should look like... just visit the tailor (for armor) and blacksmith (for weapons) to see what's required for gear your level. It's a lot easier (and less irritating to others) than asking every few levels on the forum or in faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amazingbomar
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I put in stats according to 3 magic per level from level 1 and then I put in dexterity and strength to wear gear my level, but I still have 6 points left. Is something wrong? My magic seems higher than the requirement for magic weapons at my level.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nothing wrong, just the first 3 sets have lower stat requirements. Once you hit 20 and it's 10 levels per set is when the stats start to bite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm a HA fox form/aps for giggles, but I was pure until 80 when I restatted. I found it easier to do that rather than having to decide between armor and weapons from level to level. I have a lot more dex than required for a HA fox form because I'm also aps - I have just enough magic to use the level 43 legendary glaive. Melee mastery makes up for the lack of str you might have. You get a significant pdef bonus from fox form but you can still wear -int or -chan year because both are available in LA. Also being LA will allow you to have better weapons (due to having more magic) which will have better damage for fox form. You also get the nicer magic defense without sacrificing a lot of pdef. So all in all, if you're aiming pure fox and not aps I'd say go LA instead of HA because the xtra str won't serve as kindly as xtra magic.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What's your base phys attack in fox, Pheos? My 93 heavy/arcane veno has 2889-3841 with a +3 89 legendary magic sword with a single immaculate garnet and a single might ring (need the adds from a magic ring and 2 pieces of TT80 HA to equip 2 pieces of OHT heavy armor.) Does the APS add enough DPS to make up for the lost patk from using a 43 weapon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What I see is most of the Venos comparing a LA or HA build with their Int/Cons Veno, I belive that a true hybrid Veno can become good, using both Int and Atk rings (or that one that gives both, aside from the rank ring).

This is my LA Veno from another PWI:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9002/exampleuo.jpg

I don't have too much money so my char Isn't great, but I love to play with her, I can play in melee or ranged range according of the necessity, I belive that Venomancers are made for we play with them in this way, full Human or Full Fox is wrong, we don't see any other char like this, like a full sword BM, full axe BM, full tiger WB, full Crossbow Archer, full Earth Magic Wizard, so Venomancers shoudn't be full Fox or full Human too.

I also asked here, if the -atk speed reduction from the light armor don't worth for the attack that we lose going LA and they said to me that no, but I'm still not conviced.

Edit: for equip light armor and have the weapon of your level, you religiously have to put 3Int/1Str/1Dex for level.
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree with Yami - my bm is all branch, and we only hurt ourselves by ignoring our skill trees (but I do quite frequently see pure sword bms). N naw May, my attack isn't nearly that high with my wheel, but I APS in human form with gorenox vanities. The -int bonus in fox form only puts me at like 1.43 whereas the same amount of -int + the -int on vanities puts me at 2 aps. It's nice because I can amp and reduce the boss' pdef before dding with fists. I wish there was a magic wep with -int P:
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You can wear full HA and use a current level mag weapon.

My veno is 98, wearing full TT90 HA and using a lvl95 magic sword. The pdef is epic in Sage foxform. I only used enough dex to meet requirements of HA as it seemed a waste for a bit of crit when I could use those points for higher strength and making sure I could use a current level mag weapon.
    As others said, troll the AH for +stat gears and it can be done easily, and in most cases pretty cheap. And if you are going to do while levelling from 1, also look for HA gear that has -% requirement . -%req gear can be had stupid cheap, as most classes don't require it and so its not really in demand.
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Band from heavens jails with engravings are what makes my build possible. Even without needing a lot of dex they can be very useful because they can allow you to restat out the dex you do need for heavy armor assuming you don't switch rings.