Patch.. (dont know where to post this, but anyway)

MissKazami - Heavens Tear
MissKazami - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
How is it possible for a patch of 11-12MB to take sooo damn long to download? when it usually takes 5 minutes??? Its telling me 3hrs!! This is not possible. And no here is nothing wrong with my pc, I tried on both. The internet is also working good as usuall, the internet access/connectivity is working fine as well... etc etc, everything is fine, here.

Is there another way for me to download the patch without waiting this long, Ive tried stopping it and waited about an hour and a half and tried again, it still does the same...
Post edited by MissKazami - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    it's because the update servers are overloaded with everyone else downloading the patch. They can only manage so many download threads at once.

I usually do the manual method if this occurs.

Edit: just took me about 30 seconds to download.
    Also, you would typically post something like this in the Technical Support forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breitling - Raging Tide
    Breitling - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Something is wrong somewhere. it took me about two minutes to download it.
    Proud Executor of Rapture

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a good timepiece, a cleric is there when you need it.

Alt: Behike
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Manual patch is much faster and easier than the automatic patching, it also solves most problems about patching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • MissKazami - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    it's because the update servers are overloaded with everyone else downloading the patch. They can only manage so many download threads at once.

I usually do the manual method if this occurs.

Edit: just took me about 30 seconds to download.
    Also, you would typically post something like this in the Technical Support forum.

Manual method meaning you download patch here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

right?? because that is where I download mine. It is faster as usuall. So I always do it this way... but I dont know why it's taking this long. Ive heard that the cables (those sea things) is broke again and has to be fixed, it is a worldwide problem. I dont know if it already has been fixed, but can this be the case why it takes so long to install??

Is there a way to torrent download a patch? because my torrens doesn't take this long...
    edited November 2011
    It's still saying about 2-3hrs but its already at 28% so I guess I'll have to wait then. But thanks anyway though. I really hope whatever the problem that it gets fixed. an I will double check everything here again...

So ya thanks again. =]
  • Thoragor - Sanctuary
    Thoragor - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Sounds like the problem is mostly on your end. Maybe you need to reboot your equipment or something.
    edited November 2011
    Thread Closed. Thank You
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Manual method meaning you download patch here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

right??

Yes, the link with the tiger next to it, halfway down the page. NOT the big client download at the top of the page.
    Is there a way to torrent download a patch? because my torrens doesn't take this long...

A torrent isn't really viable for an 11 megabyte file when you have the capacity they do to serve the patches over the web.

(And from the post just above mine, it looks like you resolved it already. This reply is partially for other people looking.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Next time, disable your Anti Virus Program(s) and do it again, I'm from Europe and could still load it in about ~15 seconds o.o so it has nothing to to with PWEs servers, but sounds typical for overprotecting Anti Virus software =D

Hope that helps xDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Closed by request of OP.