_Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
here it is:
http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/31538

judging from previous ones:
http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/31537
http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/31536
http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/31535

b:surrender Im not saying that this will actullay be the next item....but It would sure explain alot..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
Post edited by _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If that's really it.... b:fatb
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • BarbaBlanca - Lost City
    BarbaBlanca - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol am thinking 1000 dq points for that and we get 1 mirage in return awesome we just made 10k lets go grind some more and get 10k mores VVVVIIIIICCCCTTTTORRRY

b:shutup
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CubanKingLeader
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Glad I can get mirages at anytime from soloing some squad mode TT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can just see the meeting they had when they decided on this.

"everyone loves mirages! we should make the players able to buy them."

"Yes that is a great idea but there are already so many ways for them to get mirages."

"Good point. Hey what if we removed Fairy boxes from solo TTs? I am sure the players would be much happier with the option to buy the mirages instead of playing the game to get them."

"Okay it is settled. We dont want our players to actually play the game so that is a great idea! Good job everyone."
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If this is indeed what the new dq item will be, I personally think it's a fantastic idea and showed that PWI thought ahead. The whole DQ system was introduced because our version was unfairly impacted by the dq price nerf. Them removing mirages completely from solo mode TT and our GMs finding a way to lessen the impact for our servers makes good sense. Especially since gold farming isn't nearly as pervasive on our version of the game so constantly stopping us from farming does nothing but hurt the free to play players.

"Yes that is a great idea but there are already so many ways for them to get mirages."

"Good point. Hey what if we removed Fairy boxes from solo TTs? I am sure the players would be much happier with the option to buy the mirages instead of playing the game to get them."

"Okay it is settled. We dont want our players to actually play the game so that is a great idea! Good job everyone."

Farming DQ items is playing the game, outside of the instance and on the underused world map, no less. It even teaches you how to AOE grind. Most of the people who get dq points earned them through farming, after the medals and other cash shop desirable items were removed. Some still buy dq points though, I suppose. People still bought mirages when fairy boxes were in the game as well, so that's a moot point. This really isn't putting in the hands of the cash shop, it's giving players another option for farming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Remember, changes aren't made by the team here, and anything put in the DQ shop is their way of trying to mitigate damage to our game from what China tries to put into effect on their version. This is a great example (if it is the item) of the GMs showing that they don't want players to get hurt by the Mirage removal from the TTs.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Remember, changes aren't made by the team here, and anything put in the DQ shop is their way of trying to mitigate damage to our game from what China tries to put into effect on their version. This is a great example (if it is the item) of the GMs showing that they don't want players to get hurt by the Mirage removal from the TTs.

I'd rather have a pink horse for 150k DQP. They can lie and claim it was special made for us again IDC b:dirty

edit: opps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If this is indeed what the new dq item will be, I personally think it's a fantastic idea and showed that PWI thought ahead. The whole DQ system was introduced because our version was unfairly impacted by the dq price nerf. Them removing mirages completely from solo mode TT and our GMs finding a way to lessen the impact for our servers makes good sense. Especially since gold farming isn't nearly as pervasive on our version of the game so constantly stopping us from farming does nothing but hurt the free to play players.

Farming DQ items is playing the game, outside of the instance and on the underused world map, no less. It even teaches you how to AOE grind. Most of the people who get dq points earned them through farming, after the medals and other cash shop desirable items were removed. Some still buy dq points though, I suppose. People still bought mirages when fairy boxes were in the game as well, so that's a moot point. This really isn't putting in the hands of the cash shop, it's giving players another option for farming.

The only issue that may make or break this idea is the DQ point cost. If it is reasonable, sure it can be an ok addition, its overdone, well.....rage QQ will begin, as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only issue that may make or break this idea is the DQ point cost. If it is reasonable, sure it can be an ok addition, its overdone, well.....rage QQ will begin, as usual.

I actually agree. If done correctly, this is a huge step forward. If done badly, this could be a breaking point for many players.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Just one problem with that..... they knew about this before they took the fairy boxes out (or KNEW they took the fairy boxes out). Or should i say frankie pretend to jsut find out and say he'll look into it.........

This better not be a ridiculous frackign price for a miniscule amount of mirages.....
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hmm. It would be extremely hard not to do so though, me thinks.

Let's see the price of vendoring a condensed orb is 35 dq points and 3750 coins. Buying it from another player if the player is selling for NPC value (yeah right) works out 107 coins per point, roughly i believe.

500 dq points=100k, works out to 200 coins per point, roughly i believe.

So lets use a base price of 154 coins (about the average price per point between these two) as how much coins it costs to get something from the dq shop. Mirages should cost slightly more than NPC value to keep people from constantly vendoring them, but still be in that price range.

If they charge 65 dq points, that would work out to a cost of about 10010 coins. That's probably a bit too low, considering you also get money from NPCing the drops. So possibly 100 dq points per mirage stone would be more fair?

Problem with that is, that's like 4 dq items. You can get that easily on any standard bh run, anyone can get that by accident w/o trying hard at all. That would make them far too easy to obtain. But when you start getting towards 500 dq points, you run into the problem that the npc price of 500 dq points is 100k. 100k per mirage stone would have people raging.

So what would be a good price then....hmmm.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

so what would you call them putting a cerberus pet in as the new DQ item?

also your sentence doesnt agree with itself, how can they use DQ items to mitigate when they dont have any control over it. both assertions are half true at best anyway, first, the PWI team does control the DQ rewards, their control merely has oversight from china, since they pissed china off giving away MoGs, second, DQ rewards dont mitigate anything, the system itself was an attempt at mitigation, but the rewards themselves are garbage, outside the D/S card which they are pretty much selling now anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hmm. It would be extremely hard not to do so though, me thinks.

Let's see the price of vendoring a condensed orb is 35 dq points and 3750 coins. Buying it from another player if the player is selling for NPC value (yeah right) works out 107 coins per point, roughly i believe.

500 dq points=100k, works out to 200 coins per point, roughly i believe.

So lets use a base price of 154 coins (about the average price per point between these two) as how much coins it costs to get something from the dq shop. Mirages should cost slightly more than NPC value to keep people from constantly vendoring them, but still be in that price range.

If they charge 65 dq points, that would work out to a cost of about 10010 coins. That's probably a bit too low, considering you also get money from NPCing the drops. So possibly 100 dq points per mirage stone would be more fair?

Problem with that is, that's like 4 dq items. You can get that easily on any standard bh run, anyone can get that by accident w/o trying hard at all. That would make them far too easy to obtain. But when you start getting towards 500 dq points, you run into the problem that the npc price of 500 dq points is 100k. 100k per mirage stone would have people raging.

So what would be a good price then....hmmm.....
    Before mirages were easily obtained, they went for anywhere from 30-50k (if I remember correctly). This would come out to (averaged out) 250DQ points. I think that it would be reasonable to put the price of them anywhere between 200 and 300 DQ points, without hurting either market too badly.
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so what would you call them putting a cerberus pet in as the new DQ item?

also your sentence doesnt agree with itself, how can they use DQ items to mitigate when they dont have any control over it. both assertions are half true at best anyway, first, the PWI team does control the DQ rewards, their control merely has oversight from china, since they pissed china off giving away MoGs, second, DQ rewards dont mitigate anything, the system itself was an attempt at mitigation, but the rewards themselves are garbage, outside the D/S card which they are pretty much selling now anyway.

Just because they use it to mitigate damage, doesn't mean that it can't serve other purposes as well. There are so many things in this world built for one purpose that can be used for another one in a pinch. Duct tape is a hand tool used for fixing a variety of things, but it can be used for arts and crafts. http://ducttapecrafts.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/flowers.jpg Cooking knives in our homes are used to cut vegetables, meats, and other food items. But it can also be a handy weapon if you ever need to defend yourself.

Also to mitigate damage=make the damage less severe. They can't control being damaged, but they can control their response to it. The dq system was implemented to mitigate damage from the dq price nerf and they do. Those dyes? You can buy 500 dq points for 100k. When gold is at 1.2 mil, random dyes cost 216000 from the boutique, around 250000k from another player. Get it from the dq system, thats only 200k per random dye and you can pick how many you want to buy. Makeover scrolls are also WAY cheaper now. For those of us who love to customize our character, that is a huge savings. At any rate, even if you don't use all the items it doesn't change the fact that they are there for the taking. That they have lessened the damage by offering players savings on some items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Before mirages were easily obtained, they went for anywhere from 30-50k (if I remember correctly). This would come out to (averaged out) 250DQ points. I think that it would be reasonable to put the price of them anywhere between 200 and 300 DQ points, without hurting either market too badly.

erm i've been playing QUITE a long time (tooka year break but still) i dont' rememebr mirages even trying to spike over 15k

They're usually 12K... when fairy boxes came out they dropped to barely over Npc price.

Big whoop.... so merchants weren't getting 1-2k more per mirage....the 5 WHOPPING catshops usually around the elder.... yet there was SUCH a influx they HAD to take out the boxes and I'll bet u my toon the price of mirages in this failtastic rewards page is going to make people hit the freaking fan tomorrow.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    erm i've been playing QUITE a long time (tooka year break but still) i dont' rememebr mirages even trying to spike over 15k

Then you haven't been playing for as long a time as you think. After the Snowmen back in 08, the mirage market had "crashed" .... and by that, we mean mirages had dropped to "as low as" 20-25k depending on server.

And that was AFTER we felt they had become common back then. Before they went for a good bit more.

And they had remained at 20k with plenty of catshops buying for that high (that's right, they could be sold for more than 20k) for at least half a year or so before dropping to the 15kish price range. It wasn't til another few months after that that we started seeing people buying for 12k, since it was around then that people were really starting to farm with high-end gear of the time and mirages were becoming common as dirt.... and then there was the TW pay nerf... b:laugh
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    wait...... you're right i do remember them at 20k....... MAYBE 25...
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If its mirages il just ****ing cry.

Save up all my DQ points to get refine aids and then realise I need to do it again just to get some mirages when previously I was stacking 36 a day and actually managing to refine things with some effort but without hating it for being mentally difficult. Thansk a bunch.

Id rather it was something useless like Subs.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Lol Kritty you realize the OP is trolling? Just because something is in the DB does not mean it has to be used.

In any case Frankie said the item wouldn't be available until the 9 trials content and all item IDs in there are in the 32000's or 33000's. That mirage ticket is too low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    just to refresh everyones memory.......mirage prices dropped out when they came up with the BH 100 rewards of 50 mirages. when the BHs first started i got mirages probably 4-5 days a week. Then the morons that decide things around here decided to pay TW in mirages and that was the end of mirages value. AT that time people on my server were actually selling mirages for NPC price. since they reverted the TW pay back to coin the price has gone back up a little. but now the BH reward has gone up to 55 mirages instead of the old 50. wont kill the market again but they will never go up to what they used to be.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    just to refresh everyones memory.......mirage prices dropped out when they came up with the BH 100 rewards of 50 mirages. when the BHs first started i got mirages probably 4-5 days a week. Then the morons that decide things around here decided to pay TW in mirages and that was the end of mirages value. AT that time people on my server were actually selling mirages for NPC price. since they reverted the TW pay back to coin the price has gone back up a little. but now the BH reward has gone up to 55 mirages instead of the old 50. wont kill the market again but they will never go up to what they used to be.

Whats keeping mirage prices down now is fairy boxes and the mirage trade in for nirvana talisman. Every level 100 caster can get 5 mirages a day for doing nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    speaking of DQ points...i tried to find the answer but couldnt....what does the demon/sage event card do?? it says redeem for 50 event points. WTF are event points...i wanna guess celestial shards but im sure im wrong...can sumone help me out here?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    speaking of DQ points...i tried to find the answer but couldnt....what does the demon/sage event card do?? it says redeem for 50 event points. WTF are event points...i wanna guess celestial shards but im sure im wrong...can sumone help me out here?

50 event gold.
    When the game gets back up, hit O then click the event tab at the top. You can buy the stuff in there with event gold.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when the game's back up Press O for the boutique.. look in the top left.. click the blink event "tab". that's the in game .. twice the price.... not as much stuff EVENT boutique u use that event gold in.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I actually find the event boutique useful for tele stones tiger smilies and other bits and bobs not that its the best thing but keeps stuff easy to get for basics in travel and some refine basis. I even got **** fash for my male alt char was kinda amusing.b:chuckle
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ooohhh ok i gotcha...i thought u meant gold at first...was gonna be happy...ive checkked out that event tab a couple times...didnt look like that much stuff id really want in there but ill look again..see if its worth spendin dq points on that or not. thanks for all the answers tho
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i grinded my butt off for a week in the last month long 2X... got two cards to get my psy hisown 2.0 wings....... and almost 50 left over for tele stones.. smileys or w/e.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

THIS

youre smart, i like that b:pleased
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Matgatg - Sanctuary
    Matgatg - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just checked, nothing yet there. Tune in next week b:victory.