rank 9 and sage bp

Options
RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Assassin
OK, this is my demon sin http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/1599/20111107062640.png

Is there anybody out there with actual video evidence that sage blood paint would make me heal faster than my gof kills me when fighting something that will stay alive awhile like night spike prince tanso?

I hate to have to go an make myself yet another buff alt, but if it works I suppose I must. Geuss I should just go try it out, but I kinda would like to see someone post a real video instead of all this blah blah math..
Post edited by RunningTiger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    OK, this is my demon sin http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/1599/20111107062640.png

Is there anybody out there with actual video evidence that sage blood paint would make me heal faster than my gof kills me when fighting something that will stay alive awhile like night spike prince tanso?

I hate to have to go an make myself yet another buff alt, but if it works I suppose I must. Geuss I should just go try it out, but I kinda would like to see someone post a real video instead of all this blah blah math..

Your hit goes from requiring you to deal 2.5x your max hp in damage down to 1.67x your max hp in damage to break even (negate the GoF 5% hp). Anything more then those numbers are a heal.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Traz got it right. It looks like you have 14750 hp, meaning each 5% GoF dings you for 588 hp. 5% hp loss is 2.5 times your 2% heal, which is where he gets the number "2.5", and if its sage 5% hp loss is 1.67 time your 3% heal. So with 14750 hp you need to do 36,875+ dph with demon bp or 24,573+ dph with sage bp to have your bp still heal you while you zerk. This shouldn't be too hard, considering its a zerk and you have 88 attack levels and a 35% crit rate. Also, GoF procs 30% of the time meaning about 70% of your attacks won't take any hp, allowing you to heal while being attacked by bosses.

This is where the argument of shards come into play. DoTs would mean better paint heals and essentially 2% more damage when zerking per DoT. Vit shards provide more hp, 95% of it remains when zerking but 5% of the added hp is also lost. Vit shards help increase defenses and lower damage taken by bosses which you are also trying to cover in your paint heals. JoSD means you have less hp to lose from zerk strikes, but less hp total, however the boss would also do less damage to you making paint healing from his attacks easier. Can't really say which is best because its different for each person and for different situations.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hmm so essentially I need sage bp to heal to counter act my procs an definitely don't stay unsparked for very long or im killing myself. I should have made my wife play a sage sin instead of a bm...still seems like it may be worth it to put a sage bp alt on my barbs account then to bp us both. Currently I just use bloodfrenzy if I start procing too much, but it requires me to reapply bloodpaint afterwards...Which isn't a total loss since it boosts evasion temporarily or i just switch to my g13s..

Yeah im sharded all attack levels except my cape an pants are vit stones, I only went so much vit because it is nice to have in tw an I tw with this sin. Yes, I have tw class alts an I hate playing them.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just take off your helm when you TT or w/e o_O
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Trying to think of ways to increase your dph and therefore increase your paint heal...
    Are those rank 8 pants? If they are Lunar would bump you 5 attack levels and a -.05 interval. Sparking more often would help cover some of the hp loss, too.

Not sure sage culti would helps that much with rank 9 daggers, considering your average dps is higher with demon dagger devotion but only by about 1% so not much of a difference.

Looks like you have G13's and TT99 HA ornies on switch, but you have a defensive build on now (3.33 aps, G15 cube neck/R9 belt), but can switch to 4.0. Which do you tend to fight bosses using? Just assuming you can always switch daggers for a second when fighting bosses till you heal back up.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Trying to think of ways to increase your dph and therefore increase your paint heal...
    Are those rank 8 pants? If they are Lunar would bump you 5 attack levels and a -.05 interval. Sparking more often would help cover some of the hp loss, too.
    TT Nirvana pants, actually.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ahh, not always used to how the female gear looks since I play (mostly) male characters.

Had another thought, though. You have dropped to a lower aps for more defensability and possibly more dph, but lowered your overall dps. On one level this works, since less attacks means being dinged by GoF less, too. But on the otherhand you may be preventing yourself from doing sparked attacks more. Permasparking seems to be a requirement because 36,875+ dph should not be difficult to hit on even [?] bosses with r9 daggers, as long as you have mediocre refines, but it would be much more difficult to hit that when unsparked.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just take off your helm when you TT or w/e o_O

+1. Sometimes, less is more.

Also, don't forget in your calculation that 14750 is with Barb buffs, and the 5% from GoF should only apply to your unbuffed HP just like the 5% add from necklaces.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah, when i'm boss fighting I do switch out the orns back to lionhearts. Actually I have runs where I hardly proc at all an runs where I proc alot. Generally when I am having a tuff time and some boss is acting up alot is when it chooses to proc alot an then result in me getting killed. I mostly have a cleric healing me so it doesn't matter, but it is an issue sometimes an it does **** me off alot. The proc is great for pvp, but I can think of ones I'd rather have for pve. Oh an both my g13s an rank 9 are +12 with garnets which is why I was trying to tell the guy in the post a bit lower that g13s have never lost thier usefullness, while if I had rank 8 did-because I have them all an nt math.

Still, seems I should make myelf a sage bp alt to help.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If cheze gets enough heals from the same dags to solo harpy, I don't see why the hp loss from zerks should be an issue.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    If cheze gets enough heals from the same dags to solo harpy, I don't see why the hp loss from zerks should be an issue.

Then again, cheze was charmed in that video.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options

Cheze has 4.5k more HP then razor has. When It comes to dealing with 5% hp loss, if you can get to that crazy amount of HP like cheze had in that video or more, you don't really see any alarming charm ticks when doing bosses like you do if you have 14k or less (if you're hp sharded not DoT). I have over 16k and I'm stuck in the middle. I don't quite have enough to completely shrug it off but I have enough that it can work. I have a sage bp slave though, so for me it's a much different story then razor.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cheze has 4.5k more HP then razor has. When It comes to dealing with 5% hp loss, if you can get to that crazy amount of HP like cheze had in that video or more, you don't really see any alarming charm ticks when doing bosses like you do if you have 14k or less (if you're hp sharded not DoT). I have over 16k and I'm stuck in the middle. I don't quite have enough to completely shrug it off but I have enough that it can work. I have a sage bp slave though, so for me it's a much different story then razor.

The "danger" with GoF is to proc a few times in a row, especially if you also are taking damage. Like you discribe, it's pretty much the effect of being stuck between :
    - Have high enough bloodsuck per hit to cover up the hp loss of GoF, and
    - Having high enough hp to absorb the GoF hp loss togather with the damage taken, to generate them back on non-proc'ed hits.

The bloodsuck per hit is really important if you don't have insane hp.

But well, considering someone won't adapt a whole character just for a GoF proc on the new daggers, there are only 3 leverages :
    - Increase DPH, where the OP is pretty much at the top it seems. Or directly the bloodsuck per hit by getting sage bp.
    - Limiting hp by taking off hat, but since the OP solo's 3-x a lot I think, that won't really be an option. Instead of making charm tick or get killed by the proc, it will be done by spike hits of the boss.
    - Limit damage taken. Idk if OP can do better on this part, but I guess all ornaments are already refined a lot. Maybe with O'malley blessing ? I swap with that. Sometimes the optimal damage isn't the best solution.

Anyway, I suppose you know at least 1 sage sin with sage bp. Ask if you can try it out a couple of times and see for yourself. I don't think a video post will teach you much, as gear will always be different. Same for proc rate, and bosses mood.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I honestly intended to increase my hp a bit more If they ever mess up an put +11/12 orbs on sale cheaply again when I have a bit of gold stashed away. It's really not too big of a deal cause on certain bosses, I do just switch back to my nirvana g13 daggers since they are +12 an they do keep me full of life.

The proc is barely noticable if charmed or if working with a clerics ih/bb, however outside of 2x you will never see me charmed with more than a cheap magic charm...and if those get any more expensive I won't even be using them. The idea is to be killing profitable stuff, not spending it on charms. Charms for me are really only for tw.

Chances are Ill end up making a sage bp alt as I am convinced now it'll help alot an it's not like leveling up a sin is that hard when I have a sin as main.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I honestly intended to increase my hp a bit more If they ever mess up an put +11/12 orbs on sale cheaply again when I have a bit of gold stashed away. It's really not too big of a deal cause on certain bosses, I do just switch back to my nirvana g13 daggers since they are +12 an they do keep me full of life.

The proc is barely noticable if charmed or if working with a clerics ih/bb, however outside of 2x you will never see me charmed with more than a cheap magic charm...and if those get any more expensive I won't even be using them. The idea is to be killing profitable stuff, not spending it on charms. Charms for me are really only for tw.

Chances are Ill end up making a sage bp alt as I am convinced now it'll help alot an it's not like leveling up a sin is that hard when I have a sin as main.

For r9 yeah, I would never be uncharmed, but the G13s I use with trio 3-3 (bm/sin/sin) I haven't used any charm (even on arma) the last 20-25 runs. If I was solo'ing I don't think I'd use r9s on a few of the bosses, but it would be interesting.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary