New Expansion in CN

Kerona - Sanctuary
Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Edit: It seems my post was combined with the other thread concerning the new skills in the expansion pack. The new skills are quoted here at page 85. The latest pages of this thread are screenies and random bits of information concerning the Chinese Test Server's official release of this expansion. That server is in the bug finding and testing stage, but it is open beta. The official CN servers get the patch sometime this month.

AS OF YET NO NEW RACE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED/MENTIONED ANYWHERE OFFICIAL. THERE IS NO NEW RACE.

This patch is now live on China's Main Servers (not just test servers).

A new expansion was announced in CN today, titled "Perfect World: Underground" oooor "Perfect World: Legend of Night" (seen both on the website). Here is the backstory or blurb that was posted on the splash page for the new expansion. Not much else has been revealed inside yet. If anyone would like to translate feel free, my translate-fu is weak. And yes, this is official, posted on the CN site itself.
In the past, God created "Perfect World", with seawaters stretched the East-West horizons forming the [Location name] Sea. One day the blue skies stretched thousand-miles, a pulse of rain poured from God's hand materialised into [Location Name], "Perfect Land" completed. But no-one knew, this kind-hearted Creator, took the gentle breezes of [Location name] Village, the fertile soil of [Location Name] City, floating clouds of [Location name] City, the flowing waters of [Location name] Sea; fused them together forming an alternate world, bounded by layers of Seals.

Perfect World, bustled with life and energy. But prosperity leads decline; beyond the face of peace laid a deadly disaster waiting. The ten commanding Elders held a secret council at [Location] Tower. Because, there was seen an extraordinary ray of lunar light at the Western skies, below this light was the location of this new alternate world, [Untranslatable: "The Five Elements rebelled"?], released a weird, vicious breath. This breath; always attracted to the Evil Spirits in the Netherworld. This evil power multiplied day after day, soon the space-time twisted. The power of the Evil Spirits quickly consumed the soul of the Creator, the balance hung between mission* and betrayal; and before anyone can react, the whole Spirit world became consumed by this evil power.

* - translator's note: this "mission" is used in the context of "Life's Mission", as in someone's destiny, so to speak.

The Creator collapsed, the seal to the alternate world went with it; the gateway that linked the two worlds: [location] Village; collapsed into the ruins overnight. The Evil Spirits soon landed showing their terrible faces [<-- that's what the text said, although it doesn't appear to make sense in engrish]. The Creator soon became convinced that the Darkness is the real purpose of this world; personally destroyed the Perfect World he built himself. Under the rule of Darkness, the Demons regained their freedom, their armies given godly powers, eager to play a part in this world-destructing war.

Citizens of Perfect World did not even have the time to mourn the loss of the Creator to be presented with never before seen danger that befell on them. The enemy: The Creator itself, his Spirit Army, the unlimited darkness.

The horns of the ghosts blew, the Lord of Dark Worlds arrived commanding its army, for the war with death. Can they [The players] withstand this union of 5 armies? Curse, Collapse, Betrayal, Destiny. Light vs Evil, Man vs God, how will fate plan out? Unlimited Darkness? Or fight for a new Perfect world!
- Translated by Chaotic Shelly's Friend

Only other information posted on the site was from a news post. (The first and second paragraphs.)
《Perfect World: Legends of the Night》. In continuation of the classic gaming; a new background story, fun side-missions, brilliant new equipments and stronger skills have been introduced! In addition to newly added items and inventories that will greatly enhance player's strength, also newly added is "ultra-kill" PK-mode; which will become key to final victory. Not only that, all ten class skills have also been greatly enhanced; these new upgrades will deal unprecedented power to enemies, new and old. And to top it all off - new side-stories that will greatly test players' team-work and skills; and finally a boss-rush that will develop lots of new playing strategy. More epic content will be included in 《Perfect World: Legends of the Night》!
- Translated by ChaoticShelly's friend!

Hope it is ok that I'm asking for a proper translation of Chinese text, not posting in Chinese.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kerona - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FeelHarmony - Sanctuary
    FeelHarmony - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Perfect World: Underworld
    Cool, Michael_dark was right about that
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seems like new dungeons and new gears etc - rather than a proper expansion (i.e. update the freaking old classes graphically etc.). Kind of like the 9-Trial kind of thing.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2011
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2011
    A friend of mine translated the Chinese part to English:
    《Perfect World: Legends of the Night》. In continuation of the classic gaming; a new background story, fun side-missions, brilliant new equipments and stronger skills have been introduced! In addition to newly added items and inventories that will greatly enhance player's strength, also newly added is "ultra-kill" PK-mode; which will become key to final victory. Not only that, all ten class skills have also been greatly enhanced; these new upgrades will deal unprecedented power to enemies, new and old. And to top it all off - new side-stories that will greatly test players' team-work and skills; and finally a boss-rush that will develop lots of new playing strategy. More epic content will be included in 《Perfect World: Legends of the Night》!

Looks like, to me, most importantly - all classes are getting skill updates (barbs agro fix at last?) - wonder how it will effect everyone.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    A new expansion was announced in CN today, titled "Perfect World: Underground" oooor "Perfect World: Legend of Night" (seen both on the website). Here is the backstory or blurb that was posted on the splash page for the new expansion. Not much else has been revealed inside yet. If anyone would like to translate feel free, my translate-fu is weak. And yes, this is official, posted on the CN site itself.

(Erm, edited out the quotes the forum won't let me post the block in Chinese for some reason. Here is the link to the splash page. The tab about the new expansion is the one at the top, marked "Seventh".)

Only other information posted on the site was from a news post. (The first and second paragraphs.)

《完美国际:黑夜传说》在延续经典玩法的同时,更加入了全新的背景故事、刺激的副本任务、绚丽的最新装备、强悍的人物技能等全新玩法。游戏中新增了全新的极品装备来提升玩家的实力,而首次加入的超杀系统更是玩家在游戏中面对挑战,赢取最终胜利的关键,不仅如此,在资料片中十大职业的能力还都进行了大幅度的提升,实力提升后的各大职业将发挥超强的实力来对抗敌人,而且在此次资料片中,新加入的副本更是对玩家团队实力的绝对考核,玩家在这里将面对七大BOSS的挑战,众多全新的玩法,更多精彩的内容尽在《完美国际:黑夜传说》!

Hope it is ok that I'm asking for a proper translation of Chinese text, not posting in Chinese.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1843875&extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1843804&extra=page%3D1

second is most interesting talking about 3D gameplay with 16:9 better graphics. Hmmm this could be interesting O.o
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hmm new gear huh ibn rank10 so trials are dead and forgotten for most off us
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    u forgot the new race and the 2 new classes b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    edited November 2011
    u forgot the new race and the 2 new classes b:victory

Probably because it doesn't say anything about any.
  • seyeko884
    seyeko884 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Epicccc
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    "Underground",and"Perfect Night",reminds me of one thing:

Necromancer Class

I want it.period.

:D
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    "Underground",and"Perfect Night",reminds me of one thing:

Necromancer Class

I want it.period.

:D

We already have "Necromancers" here on the forums <.<
    Mods could tell you about it xD

But seriously, I would love to see this kind of class :p
  • Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear
    Fiddlydum - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    New upgraded skills: Black Ice Dragon Strike Barrage. For the cost of 3 sparks continuously cast Black Ice Dragon Strike till mana is depleted or skill is canceled.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    New upgraded skills: Black Ice Dragon Strike Barrage. For the cost of 3 sparks continuously cast Black Ice Dragon Strike till mana is depleted or skill is canceled.

hah that would rock, but they would set it so that it take 3x the mana to cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:chuckleb:victory.

Glad I didn't go all out on my r9 when they FINALLY released it---
    re
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    A friend of mine translated the Chinese part to English:

Looks like, to me, most importantly - all classes are getting skill updates (barbs agro fix at last?) - wonder how it will effect everyone.

So... Sin skills are also getting an update ? b:sad b:cry
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yeah it is about time sins get a continous aoe skill-barrage of daggers:)
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:infuriated
    MAYBE ARCHERS WILL GET USEFUL SQUAD BUFF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I think we'll get an announcement for our version after maint. We always did right after CN's announcement, if memory serves me correctly.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Whatever the skill updates, you can bet your life PWE will find a way to build a coin sink or two into them (mirages to cast buffs, anyone ?) b:bye
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Well the sin class only has one skill -auto attack- Does this mean more -interval potential? b:shutup
    re
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    nuuu two demon spark auto attack
  • CaliGurl - Dreamweaver
    CaliGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i like it i like it come on come on come on
    Earthguard Gurls we're unforgattable b:kiss
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Give us EPs a new skill... something to increase our p-def 1000% please.

Make the EG's third eye worth something. How about an AOE detection buff to see all those 105 sins?

BTW, anyone else see Warsoul packs coming out soon? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    How 'bout the stealth nerf be.

-Can now only stealth against other Assassins.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I find funny how the tideborns in mermaid form have the "roll" animation with "X" outside of water, because you can't do It inside of the water, seens that they planed something for that form, but they gave up.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    "ultra-kill" PK-mode

b:shocked
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I find funny how the tideborns in mermaid form have the "roll" animation with "X" outside of water, because you can't do It inside of the water, seens that they planed something for that form, but they gave up.

I like to head to where small ones are grinding in the water (rare) and go Mermaid form... then 1-shot mobs around me by throwing water balls ... it is rather funny...
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Probably because it doesn't say anything about any.

they are working on a new race, have some chinese speaking ppl in faction here b:avoid
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So how about ultra pk mode means there is no safety lock,scrolls, or anything to keep you from droping when you get pked......
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    We really need an upgrade, especially for the six original classes. I hope clerics get more attack skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
This discussion has been closed.