Seeker stats

Selty - Lothranis
Selty - Lothranis Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Seeker
if i was to create a seeker what stats should i up and focus on?
Post edited by Selty - Lothranis on

Comments

• Akaichan - Raging Tide
    Akaichan - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hmmm not easy to answer since seeker is a very flexible class. Can use heavy and light armor as well. Light armor gives you more dexterity and more magical defence, but I make my seeker heavy armor and with more vitalty to tank.
    It depends on what you want to do with your seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    solo and pk build - lvl 102 seeker 54 vit 320 str 3 magic 150 dex (close i dont have my game open)
  • Selty - Lothranis
    edited November 2011
    So what should I up each stat up by every level?
  • HildieGarde - Heavens Tear
    HildieGarde - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So what should I up each stat up by every level?

Read the stickied Guide http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1067881

Personally I recommend the Vit Build and cap Vit at around 50-60.
    VIT-based Formula ("common" formula): 5 STR | 3 DEX | 2 VIT(every 2 levels)

This formula focuses on using your extra points for survivability, which will help against both physical and magic mobs. I highly recommend using this from the early levels and capping your VIT when you think you have reached a comfortable setting. After that, you may want to switch to a damage enhancing formula like the ones below.
  • paradox666
    paradox666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    currently running a 5str 4dex 1vit build and ive gotta say that im loving this stat spread ya get a nice balance of everything and the hp boost will hold me till i bother refining i hit hard, crit pretty often and im not squishy.

also dont skimp on on your 2nd skill and its aura i have the 1st 3 skills maxed and am loving the damage im seeing.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you got the money the best build is low vit high strength and make up for the missing HP with armor refines.

If you don't have the money adding some vit helps, maybe one point per level at most.

Dex should be capped at a multiple of 20. 160 should be enough for any sword in the game.

You need strength because that determines the power of your attack. Skimping on strength will hurt you. It will make you weak, so to speak.

Any point put into magic is a point wasted.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • showley1990
    showley1990 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    what about magic points for mages and psycics?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    what about magic points for mages and psycics?

for magic classes adding magic makes them do more damage, so that's good of course. This is the seeker section though, for seekers magic doesn't add any damage so its pretty useless.
  • KreepSolo - Lost City
    KreepSolo - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:chuckle love the seeker!
    im running the str build, 5str 3dex 2vit (every 2lvls) And LOVE IT!!!
    get hell'a lot of crits!!!
    using heavy armour get lots of Pdef my suggestion, if your using heavy armour
    get an Elemental belt (3star or better) just for the extra resistances b:laugh

*Edit - cap'd vit at 50 (when you get tome + better gear)
    you will have all the Hp needed!
  • Selty - Lothranis
    edited November 2011
    Cappying Vitality at 50?
  • killerclown81702
    killerclown81702 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    What if you have messed up can you redo your skills?
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011

You don't need to fix your skills, you can just max them all (eventually)
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I am assuming you meant attribute points (Strength, Magic, Vitality, and Dexterity) not skills (Northern Sky Waltz, Staggering Strike, etc...) as it is a whole lot easier to mess up on the former than it is the latter. This is because as has been mentioned with regards to skills you can eventually max them all up. As for attribute points, I will admit that it is in fact easy to mess those up if you are new to the game. This is something the designers of the game took into consideration when they added the Reset Notes to the Cash Shop. These are items that assuming you don't mind spending 3 to 15 U.S. dollars, let you reset between 5 and 200 points to either 1 or all 4 of your attributes, depending on the type that you purchase. Also depending on what level you happen to be, it may be necessary to buy more than one of these items or different combinations of different types of them.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This is my build and lots argue on "thats not right for a seeker" lol yet its my pvp build and it has yet to let me down so why not. And like sumone said earlier havin sum money for the right shards and all that helps when it comes to hp when having no vit but im not gonna list all my stats seeing as i cant open game right now but this explains it fine...

NO VIT....Just enough STR for gear.....THEN ALL DEX....and yes im HA seeker....never really seen an LA seeker that just sounds crazy imo lol.

even without any points in vit im at 6600 hp so far and once i hit r8 im sure itll go up. I might even restat and take even MORE points OUT of str and throw into dex once i get all my r8 cuz after lookin at it...stats req for rank gear is almost non-existent....and just about all pieces add points to STR anyway.
  • Selty - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    So what is the best build for a seeker then? and what class of the seeker stat should I level up, I want to make a powerful tank good with special attacks and normal. But continues on having a good build.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So what is the best build for a seeker then? and what class of the seeker stat should I level up, I want to make a powerful tank good with special attacks and normal. But continues on having a good build.

I would say 5 STR / 3 DEX / 2 VIT split between every two levels until you have either 50 or 60 VIT and once that is achieved start focusing on 6 STR / 4 DEX until you have 160 DEX. Once that is done, put all of your points into Strength from then on out. That should pretty much optimize any Seeker on the market as far as stats go. In the Skills Department that is really up to you, but I recommend focusing on your Attack and Defense Level Debuffs and their respective attacks in the beginning, as well as Heartshatter and it's kin if you are planning on focusing on being a tank of any sort.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Selty - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help is what I needed to know :D
  • Selty - Lothranis
    edited December 2011
    My level 9 seeker has

vit 15 Str 23 Mag 5 Dex 14

Im using the build 5str 3 dex 2 vit till I get about 50 vit, then do 6 str and 4 vit till about 160 dex and put them all onto stre after i reach that? is this an ok formula?