Solo

indiejoe
indiejoe Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
All I'm really interested in is soloing. I see that venomancers and blademasters are supposed to be the best for that but I'm not sure of the stat advancement. Any help is apreciated.
Post edited by indiejoe on

Comments

• Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    indiejoe wrote: »
    All I'm really interested in is soloing. I see that venomancers and blademasters are supposed to be the best for that but I'm not sure of the stat advancement.

Well, soloing Perfect World is quite difficult compared to most other games, as a lot of progress is linked to dungeon bosses. Myself, I have a lvl 82 venomancer. I have completed FB19 and FB29, and I think I've still failed FB39 last time I tried. Obviously, I've not even tried higher dungeons, although I have tried to do the non-boss quests as much as possible (basically, if the quests only involve monsters before the first boss they are usually manageable at some point).

Also, I don't have access to maps that are being unlocked by killing bosses, several quest chains are blocked because of a boss, and lots of "kill that boss"-type quests have expired before I could even think about trying them.

I very much doubt that a Blademaster can solo anything, as he'll have to go face to face with the monsters. I can't claim Blademaster experience, though.

As for *my* Venomancer, I just used the standard glass cannon build. I use Arcane armor (i.e. the light, mage-type armor). I did not touch Dex, and raised Str to match armor/weapon requirements (currently it's at 44). I kept some spare points (currently I have 77 unallocated points), and dumped the others into Mag. I did not raise Vit (unsure about this, though. Hence the unallocated points) because basically, if something kills me with 5 Vit it will also kill me with 50 or 100 Vit, it might just need a few more hits. Bosses dish out insane damage and they have a ton of hitpoints, so Vit isn't going to make a difference: if the pet dies, so will I. Hence, Pet Heal is what keeps me alive, not Vit.

I'm strictly operating as a Pet-user. I don't have a lot of offensive spells and bad mana regeneration; plus, higher tier offensive spells are often AoE which would be suicide anyway since as a solo player I have to keep aggro on the pet. Occasionally I throw a spell or two at a target to speed up things, but I have to watch my mana and the aggro. That way, gear doesn't actually matter all that much, which means the lack of boss-killing ability and production levels (insane requirements that are difficult/impossible to achieve) also doesn't matter all that much.

EDIT 1:
    ( Plus, higher tier spells are extremely expensive in both spirit and money --- without dungeons, both of these are not easy to come by. So for now I just keep it, rather than blowing it on spells that I might not ever use ).

EDIT 2:
    ( Same for the genie. Mine is lvl 38 right now, and I haven't done anything with it. Back when I cared, it seemed the whole genie thing is just eating tons of resources without providing anything useful in return for a solo player )
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    indiejoe wrote: »
    All I'm really interested in is soloing. I see that venomancers and blademasters are supposed to be the best for that but I'm not sure of the stat advancement. Any help is apreciated.
    Well, soloing Perfect World is quite difficult compared to most other games, as a lot of progress is linked to dungeon bosses. Myself, I have a lvl 82 venomancer. I have completed FB19 and FB29, and I think I've still failed FB39 last time I tried. Obviously, I've not even tried higher dungeons, although I have tried to do the non-boss quests as much as possible (basically, if the quests only involve monsters before the first boss they are usually manageable at some point).

Also, I don't have access to maps that are being unlocked by killing bosses, several quest chains are blocked because of a boss, and lots of "kill that boss"-type quests have expired before I could even think about trying them.

The previous poster is incorrect.

It is quite possible to solo in Perfect World. The difference is that certain places won't be accessible solo or won't be possible till you are a much higher level than the dungeon or Boss. I can't recollect any essential Boss I wasn't able to solo on my Veno if I waited till I was high level enough.

There are a few places that REQUIRE you to be in squad mode, but you can often do this with a character on a 2nd account. Also, there any many players who will squad with you to help simply because they are bored.

Venos are very easy to solo. Probably the easiest class in the game, but they get VERY boring at high levels. I have soloed using my Veno up to FB/BH79 (a dungeon for level 70-80s), although it is much more fun and easier when you party up. (Killing a Boss solo in BH79 takes something like 20 minutes, just hold down the pet heal button and go have a nap. In a partb that same boss could be killed in a couple of minutes)

How easy depends on the Pet you have. I have a Hercules which is a very expensive but strong pet. Expect to add several levels if you want to use free pets. (this is only applicable after level 50 or so) It also helps if you have good equipment.

If you want to solo on any class be prepared to spend a little on the cash shop because unless you buy Charms (to automatically replenish HP and Mana, it is going to be very slow).

The other way to solo is to have 2 accounts, have a healer either Cleric or Mystic on one and a Tank like class on the other. Then play both of them simultaneously. If you have a decent PC you can run both on the same computer and Tab back and forth.
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2011

EDIT 2:
    ( Same for the genie. Mine is lvl 38 right now, and I haven't done anything with it. Back when I cared, it seemed the whole genie thing is just eating tons of resources without providing anything useful in return for a solo player )

Another correction to avoid misinformation. Genies are very useful and in fact essential if you know how to use them and what skills to add.

You can add Holy Path which boosts your speed to escape from mob. Tree of Protection or Second Wind give you HP heals even on classes that cannot heal themselves. Absolute Domain makes you invincible from damage for a certain period of time. Cloud Eruption gives you a Spark (Chi) which is essential for certain skills and so on. The Zeal Genie has a starter skill that allows you to single pull mob from a crowd. Even on a Veno I use it.

The nice thing about Genies is that they can be used on any class and even traded. A few skills are class specific, but not many and not essential ones.
    I very much doubt that a Blademaster can solo anything, as he'll have to go face to face with the monsters. I can't claim Blademaster experience, though.

As for *my* Venomancer, I just used the standard glass cannon build. I use Arcane armor (i.e. the light, mage-type armor). I did not touch Dex, and raised Str to match armor/weapon requirements (currently it's at 44). I kept some spare points (currently I have 77 unallocated points), and dumped the others into Mag. I did not raise Vit (unsure about this, though. Hence the unallocated points) because basically, if something kills me with 5 Vit it will also kill me with 50 or 100 Vit, it might just need a few more hits. Bosses dish out insane damage and they have a ton of hitpoints, so Vit isn't going to make a difference: if the pet dies, so will I. Hence, Pet Heal is what keeps me alive, not Vit.

I'm strictly operating as a Pet-user. I don't have a lot of offensive spells and bad mana regeneration; plus, higher tier offensive spells are often AoE which would be suicide anyway since as a solo player I have to keep aggro on the pet. Occasionally I throw a spell or two at a target to speed up things, but I have to watch my mana and the aggro. That way, gear doesn't actually matter all that much, which means the lack of boss-killing ability and production levels (insane requirements that are difficult/impossible to achieve) also doesn't matter all that much.
    No offense Yindra, but I don't know why you are trying to give advice to Beginners if you have no clue how to play your class or any other. Sorry, I just had to add this because I cannot bear to have such misinformation spread to Newbies.

I have played almost every class and I can tell you that if you know how you can easily solo ANY class from 1 to 40+ without breaking a sweat. Once you get past 40 and need certain tough bosses to advance, some classes become much easier, Venos, Seekers, BMs, Barbs and Mystics in that order IMO are fairly easy mid game. End game, 100+ BMs and Sins solo just about everything, but mid game Sins have a harder time than BMs.

Venos (and any high Mag class) have VERY high mana regeneraton, and they have skills to generate mana. The reason Yindra is having such a hard time is because she has 77 unallocated points. If she were to put all of them into Mag her healing and mana pool and regeneration would jump like mad.

I personally have about 30+ points in Vit on my Veno. It is not true that if your Pet dies you die. If you are skilled, you can revive your Pet or summon a backup Pet before you are killed. That is where the extra Vit and Genie Heals can help.

Yindra complains about not being able to do FB39 and General Feng on a level 82 Veno. That is totally ridiculous. Those bosses are simple at that level.
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    As someone who prefers to play as a Lone Wold as well, I too have had difficulty with bosses. I WILL say that teamwork really does make things go so much easier, especially if you have a good team. It also helps if you have your character's stats and armor/weapon choices done right.

I know for a fact that I could easily have done both my BM and BB characters a lot better. Heck, I'm still learning what works and what doesn't, and I am having fun.

My advice, based on my limited experience, is just to experiment and have fun learning what you can do. And browse, Browse, BROWSE and BROWSE some more. I have found out a good bit of info here, and also found many times that I would not have wasted gold on certain things, had i checked here first.