Short TW

Dsholder - Dreamweaver
Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Tideswell (East)
Short TWb

Has any factions on different servers experience TWs like this one? I'm referring to a faction with less members, going up against a stronger faction that's being 3-way ganked. Our faction has attacked first, but the stronger faction has successfully steamrolled.
[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
Post edited by Dsholder - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    I'm not sure what happened from different perspectives of other individuals, but I'd like people to post small snippets of what they remember from the TWs that they had this weekend.

Example:

Person123453355445 "I was flying through the air to heal my squad members when a blademaster came up to stun me; the blademaster had physical marrow on, so after my Absolute Domain finished I one shot the blademaster with tempest"

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Lol zan

I had to leave early during the dyna war due to rl issues, but the time that i was there i thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i fell asleep in my chair ~half an hour before TW meeting b:surrender

b:angry i blame mitachi - you usually do something like that
    i like potato
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol i dont get it. is that a QQ thread from ds again? like when u lost against IT ? XD

6 in ur squad, and 4 are multiclient. and i saw 2 lvl 105 R9+12 noobs atacking crystal.

b:laughb:cryb:bye
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm frankly confused....I'm nearly positive it is some sort of QQ based on you lost.

Did you seriously think you would last any longer than you did against the faction that owns like 75%+ of the server map?
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    lol i dont get it. is that a QQ thread from ds again? like when u lost against IT ? XD

6 in ur squad, and 4 are multiclient. and i saw 2 lvl 105 R9+12 noobs atacking crystal.

b:laughb:cryb:bye

This isn't a QQ thread. Can you read? Did you see anyone complaining ? OR did you see someone asking a question such as, "Explain small snippets of your TWs this week that you remember." Open your mind for crying out loud.

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    It's a "me am Dsholder n wuntz attentunz, plz luk wut i type so u ken see dat i do stuffz in da game n will think i haz valid oppinunz"

I like how he posted this in DW while asking if anyone from other servers had a similar experience...
  • Jsteno - Dreamweaver
    Jsteno - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    20:00 - Gladio attacks Regenesis, Dragon Wilderness
    20:03 - Dynasty attacks Regenesis, Hidden Orchid
    20:06 - Spades attacks Regenesis, Silk Ridge

ok im not sure whats the ? but this is a simple allocation of forces is all to make this happen .

say regen pulls 120 for tw's just saying if they do then this is a way they could do it they send 80 to first fight have 40 going to send none to 3rd yet . they go into first one grab catas dont set anything up rush down b take out crystal. this can be done in as little as 5 mins if the other factions has less then 30 equally equipped players. they in mean time in battle 2 turtle w there 40 till other 40 shows up and then can either send 40 to 3rd fight or continue to turtle against a equal matched faction till they take 3rd out then full force that battle. hence they win all 3 .

The times set up very nicely for a 3 way gank and not knowing gladios numbers and such but based on time it took regen cant have been a great turn out. this would only work best if it was the 3 highest faction in game other then regen pulling it off and then the first 2 would have to turtle at first to make regen spread out. longer each faction held regen off the better it would go for them . but even then its a chance thing but possible for a longer tw vs regen
    edited November 2011
    This isn't a QQ thread. Can you read? Did you see anyone complaining ? OR did you see someone asking a question such as, "Explain small snippets of your TWs this week that you remember." Open your mind for crying out loud.

thing is we know u ds, biggest QQer on server lol
    linking that vid is just a way to "hey look at me im DS we lost QQ regen sux cause sent too many ppl QQ"
    i remember that from ur war against IT b:pleased
    gladio LF 5 aps bm and 5 aps sin for tw b:pleased
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    linking that vid is just a way to "hey look at me im DS we lost QQ regen sux cause sent too many ppl QQ"

They have 5 aps barbs too. Go run and tell that homeboy.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Regen had 5aps wizards too. Go run and tell that homeboy.
    i like potato
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I experienced pretty decent tw, 1h is just long enough:). i know that regenesis didnt put all out and tw was rather like pk-fest, but i liked it that way, cause i was abel to test first time my decent geared seeker.
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Your sig is kinda creepy cat...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Let's humor this attempt of "conversation"

A 3 way gank consist of (hopefully) 240 people trying to take down a 200 member faction. In reality, I've never seen any faction keep over 70% of their roster TW active, at least not in Dreamweaver.

Regenesis has sent a max of 132 to deal with 3 way ganks, this weekend, we had a bit less than 110 in the 3 wars, which explains why we took so long to wrap up Dynasty and Spades wars.

In practice, to split an active roster of 132 players (110ish this weekend) to 3 wars would be suicidal, there's no way we can hold Dynasty or Spades with 35ish members. With the current rank environment and how they have progressed tactically, we are required at least 50+ to hold a TW against them, with all the tactical limitations this includes.

So all in all, you can pick this up:
    1- the first TW slot will always be forced to a 5 minute bash. The defending faction has 2 options:
    Force a crystal bash like gladio did, and lose.
    Try to defend for over 6 minutes and force us to decide who gets a free land: first slot of third slot.
    2- the third slot is always the one that will either get a free land or a big force in their faces, depending how the first and second wars are goin.
    3- the second slot has the most fun TW.

When we fight Dynasty and Spades, we have been splitting our roster evenly under our new management, to make sure TWs are more fun for everyone. Back in my days, I'd be cycling 80 people systematically to finish TW 1, 2 and 3 in under 20 minutes total, but I must admit, splitting our roster is a fun challenge for both attacking factions, as it is for us playing defense.

Sadly, gladio was aware that they couldn't hold 80 regens for over 5 minutes (TW lasted roughly 4 minutes and 30 seconds, a record for us) so they decided to trade crystals by running A-C catas.

Now this strategy worked for Dynasty in the past, because they understood that B path is shorter than A-C (by simply using logic. Something other factions seem to lack) so instead of sending all their forces A-C they kept a small defending force in B, that managed to slow down the cata push enough so that their side catas would reach the crystal before ours.

Gladio didn't even build B road towers... When I reach their base they were just making B gate towers...

Hope you addapt your tactic in the future, for a faction that brags about being the best in the server, that was a very poor display of TW smarts.

Did I do it right?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Let's humor this attempt of "conversation"

A 3 way gank consist of (hopefully) 240 people trying to take down a 200 member faction. In reality, I've never seen any faction keep over 70% of their roster TW active, at least not in Dreamweaver.

Regenesis has sent a max of 132 to deal with 3 way ganks, this weekend, we had a bit less than 110 in the 3 wars, which explains why we took so long to wrap up Dynasty and Spades wars.

In practice, to split an active roster of 132 players (110ish this weekend) to 3 wars would be suicidal, there's no way we can hold Dynasty or Spades with 35ish members. With the current rank environment and how they have progressed tactically, we are required at least 50+ to hold a TW against them, with all the tactical limitations this includes.

So all in all, you can pick this up:
    1- the first TW slot will always be forced to a 5 minute bash. The defending faction has 2 options:
    Force a crystal bash like gladio did, and lose.
    Try to defend for over 6 minutes and force us to decide who gets a free land: first slot of third slot.
    2- the third slot is always the one that will either get a free land or a big force in their faces, depending how the first and second wars are goin.
    3- the second slot has the most fun TW.

When we fight Dynasty and Spades, we have been splitting our roster evenly under our new management, to make sure TWs are more fun for everyone. Back in my days, I'd be cycling 80 people systematically to finish TW 1, 2 and 3 in under 20 minutes total, but I must admit, splitting our roster is a fun challenge for both attacking factions, as it is for us playing defense.

Sadly, gladio was aware that they couldn't hold 80 regens for over 5 minutes (TW lasted roughly 4 minutes and 30 seconds, a record for us) so they decided to trade crystals by running A-C catas.

Now this strategy worked for Dynasty in the past, because they understood that B path is shorter than A-C (by simply using logic. Something other factions seem to lack) so instead of sending all their forces A-C they kept a small defending force in B, that managed to slow down the cata push enough so that their side catas would reach the crystal before ours.

Gladio didn't even build B road towers... When I reach their base they were just making B gate towers...

Hope you addapt your tactic in the future, for a faction that brags about being the best in the server, that was a very poor display of TW smarts.

Did I do it right?

Yes you did it right. Do you remember any specific moments during your TWs Andres, this weekend? Also you mentioned cycling systematically in the past, but with the way the other factions have accumulated skills and gear, would you believe this to be possible anymore if three factions ( Dynasty, Spades, Gladio, or Tempest) attacked Regenesis? I'm referring to "would it be possible to systematically cycle players to achieve a 20 minute time-frame of the TWs"

We understand that Lane B is shorter and that it's possible to delay players, but you have to think that Gladio had far less members than Dynasty did in the past during the attacks. It'll be possible to slow Regenesis down on lane B in some TWs in the future I'm sure, but as of this weekend it wasn't a great possibility. Some of the execution didn't go through as planned.

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011

1. Open your mind. Think of the possibilities.

2. I'm not saying Regenesis sucks, they are pretty great in TW, especially since they defend all of their land attacks. If I recall, Intandem would only defend the weakest faction attacking them to guarantee a success.

3. The video was made for a few purposes. I'm sure Andres got the purpose. It showed how much damage was done to Regenesis Crystal before they Defeated us. You see, Regenesis did 12m damage, compared to our 4m damage, mostly because of the lane trade-offs.

4. I called out Intandem in the past because of their TW behaivor in being cowards of defending against the weaker (Factions who would attack with less than 20 people in the instance), rather than give any effort in defending against factions such as Regenesis or Equinox. The faction became weaken as a whole, the leaders abandonned their roles, some went to other games. As of this date Intandem has different leadership and may be able to redeem themselves in TW.

edited November 2011
    1. Open your mind. Think of the possibilities.

2. I'm not saying Regenesis sucks, they are pretty great in TW, especially since they defend all of their land attacks. If I recall, Intandem would only defend the weakest faction attacking them to guarantee a success.

3. The video was made for a few purposes. I'm sure Andres got the purpose. It showed how much damage was done to Regenesis Crystal before they Defeated us. You see, Regenesis did 12m damage, compared to our 4m damage, mostly because of the lane trade-offs.

4. I called out Intandem in the past because of their TW behaivor in being cowards of defending against the weaker (Factions who would attack with less than 20 people in the instance), rather than give any effort in defending against factions such as Regenesis or Equinox. The faction became weaken as a whole, the leaders abandonned their roles, some went to other games. As of this date Intandem has different leadership and may be able to redeem themselves in TW.

oh i am open minded, just amazed that the best faction wth the best players on server do TW like that b:pleased
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Well I'm gonna tell you a story,

There was this faction we fought once that did one thing to us in TW that cost us 1 land that weekend.

As 1 of our cata barbs was entering their B gate, I saw 2 wizards casting and 2 sins pop out of stealth and squish the poor barb. By the time the barb rezzed up, their faction had already destroyed the catapult the barb was pulling.

We pushed them back to crystal, setup with 3 catas, but then one of our other barb setup wrong, and was attacking a tower. While all of this was happening, they had catas on a side lane that entered our base, we had to remove some squads from offense to defense, because it wasn't certain we'd win the crystal bash.

The third war began, so we moved all offensive squads to it, as we assumed that the catas in their base would be enough to finish off the job. We assumed wrong, our catas died with no support. I (I was leading TW back then) suddenly put the faction in the risk of losing 2 TWs until BB overcalled me and ordered to not join the third war, and come back to the first war.

Since then, our tactics of cata protection changed. But the story still stand for proof that, given the correct circumstances and the right time. You can make a difference in TW with 4 people, or 12 people.

Let me give you a more recent example. This weekend, after we ended TW vs your faction, our squad was ordered to go to Dynasty war, we were making a cata push on a side lane, when BB ordered us to move to spades war, apparently spades dropped our crystal to 8m or something. We moved 1 squad I believe. Suddenly, Spades war was controlled, and we would eventually make catapult pushes into their crystal to finish, while Dynasty war became what CatManDoo described on another thread as a PK fest, which was really our own way to turtle xD

See this is the main problem of "the resistance". When Ajay was leading Equinox, the 3 factions attacking us (as in Calamity) had a purpose. They knew from the start who was meant to delay a push, to split a roster, and who was meant to take a land. This was reflected on their bid-order... They had accepted that role silently, because it was better for them to see us stand at +1/-1 landwise at the end of the weekend, than seeing us +1/0. You don't see that anymore.

The more we keep fragmenting the server underdogs with Gladio, Emergence and Tempest. The least likely are Spades and Dynasty to succeed, in what it is by now, a very decent attempt to make us lose. I'm telling you, if Gladio, Emergence and Tempest was to either merge into 1 faction, or be absorbed by Dyna and Spades, we might just have very interesting TW weekends coming up.

Edit: I remember everything about TW. I watch my TWs again after I'm done, during our post-TW meetings to go over my mistakes. This week mistakes were fun xD

1- We were ordered to leave Dynasty war around 10 minutes into the war, after stopping a Dynasty A lane push that had their 3 wizards in the lane. I left the war, and moved to Spades war, but by mistake clicked on the territory inside Dynasty. Now here's something funny. Since the TW map is the same for every instance, I saw the dots of my teammates near me, but couldn't see my teammates. That's when I finally read the name of then instance, facepalmed, and went out again.

2- I lost my buffs 30 minutes into the Spades war, I saw the veno coming for the purge, and I clicked on my bar key where I normally put my absolute domain (I don't use the genie bar to click for skills, as it's sometimes buggy or just laggy, I use my skillbar instead). I forgot I had taken my genie out before TW to reset some points :( so domain never came up, and I got purged.

3- After my first death, I towned and ran out unbuffed our C gate to support a catapult push, I didn't see Spades had 3 of their rank 9 archers out on C lane. So I died pretty fast. I was frustrated (first deaths in TW in over 2 months), so I used my rez scroll without thinking. Rezzed up unbuffed and sealed within firing range of 3 rank 9 archers... gladly my squad was within range, so I lived through, or I'd have been pissed x.x
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Jesus Andres give us a break, just be rude, blunt and both barrels. Nobody wants to see 'all a dat' you're turning this into work damnit.
    PWI b:bye
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Jesus Andres give us a break, just be rude, blunt and both barrels. Nobody wants to see 'all a dat' you're turning this into work damnit.

I live and breathe TW, or any kind of organized PvP honestly, I'm sorry if my passion offends you b:sad

I'm not always rude :P I'm generally forced to be rude, but most of the times, I'm a really decent guy, should you or anyone look for my advice, you'll always get it in the most friendly way I can possibly offer it... If it's within my reach, I'll always help, disregarding faction tags or allegiances.

Now if you're a ****, of course I won't even give you a chance... Let's just say I believe same personalities clash b:chuckle

My recollections and pointers, like any other post from anyone in this forums, are just an opinion, you are free to read it, not read it, critique it, agree to it, disagree to it... I don't agree with most of the stuff that you say too :(
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011

Lol thats pretty two faced of you to say.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    I live and breathe TW, or any kind of organized PvP honestly, I'm sorry if my passion offends you b:sad

I'm not always rude :P I'm generally forced to be rude, but most of the times, I'm a really decent guy, should you or anyone look for my advice, you'll always get it in the most friendly way I can possibly offer it... If it's within my reach, I'll always help, disregarding faction tags or allegiances.

Now if you're a ****, of course I won't even give you a chance... Let's just say I believe same personalities clash b:chuckle

My recollections and pointers, like any other post from anyone in this forums, are just an opinion, you are free to read it, not read it, critique it, agree to it, disagree to it... I don't agree with most of the stuff that you say too :(

You're a jerk and I hate you. Now give me free stuff? b:cute
  • seaspray0
    seaspray0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    First, gratz to regenesis for having such a big powerful faction, there's no denying that. The vast majority of the players are helpful in the game and nice, so nothing personal.

But here's my perspective. I know several factions that'd like to even hold 1, just 1 territory. As long as Regenesis holds so much of the map, it doesn't leave much pie left and it makes regenesis look very greedy in the eyes of alot of players. The more even the pie gets sliced, the better I think it will be for the game in general. But how TW's are run on different scheduling, it's somewhat unfair. You have 1 faction able to hold so much, yet easily defend it because they can throw alot of power into one place/time unless they're all scheduled at the exact same instant (or like the 3 above, very closely timed).

Maybe the map needs to be reset more often. Or something. Perhaps every faction in the game attacking regenesis on 1 weekend on every territory. That's the only way I see smaller factions even standing a chance to get on the map the way it is now. What's the point of TW if you have one faction constantly dominate the map? If regenesis is going to hold that much territory, the burden of defending it should be alot higher than what it is now.

To the 3 factions that attacked regen, you have the gratitude of alot of people.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    seaspray0 wrote: »
    What's the point of TW if you have one faction constantly dominate the map?

This is what will happen anyway every time a server gets a reset. One faction will control the whole map just like it is on every other server. It's not Regen's fault that we control everything, i remember at the start of reset no one attacked us, so we attacked, we were never denied atleast one tw a weekend. But we only started getting attacked when it was too late, when we already started controlling the majority of the map.

Personally the whole tw system is flawed in my opinion, maybe if our lazy devs put a limit on how many lands one faction is allowed to control it could change things.

Also the money that we get from lands pay for our charms (barely) so its not alot really.

Also why do you have to necro such an old thread let it go lol.
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This is what will happen anyway every time a server gets a reset. One faction will control the whole map just like it is on every other server. It's not Regen's fault that we control everything, i remember at the start of reset no one attacked us, so we attacked, we were never denied atleast one tw a weekend. But we only started getting attacked when it was too late, when we already started controlling the majority of the map.

Personally the whole tw system is flawed in my opinion, maybe if our lazy devs put a limit on how many lands one faction is allowed to control it could change things.

Also the money that we get from lands pay for our charms (barely) so its not alot really.

Also why do you have to necro such an old thread let it go lol.

its not your fault that your born ugly its your parents fault
    cool sotry bro b:bye

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    pwiqq wrote: »

Someone ban pqiqq forum access already lol he posts 3 of the same QQ starting threads in general all the time just to start trolling and the insults gah.....Now he has made me start QQ FFS
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011

Simple example of why the adult world has the emotional maturity of a 5year oldb:chuckle
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011

It was my fault you were born ugly. Did your mom ever tell you how you got that hideous indention in your forehead? Go ask her son.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Oh, god, I'm gettnig flashbacks to Starcraft tournies with these posts. "If faction A has said build order, then they can successfully defend against blahblahblah."

Now if only PWI accounted for and allowed cheesing, outside of rank 9 gear...