Perfect World and Nexon Announce Strategic Alliance

Options
archoeyrda#7167
archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Beijing China (November 10, 2011) - Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD) ("Perfect World"), a leading online game developer and operator based in China, and Nexon Korea Corporation ("Nexon"), a leading global online entertainment company and publisher of microtransaction-based massively multiplayer online games ("MMOGs"), today announced that they have jointly established a company in Korea (the "New Company") to manage and operate online games in Korea.

"We are very pleased to build a strategic partnership with Nexon," commented Mr. Michael Chi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Perfect World. "This strategic alliance will help us further expand our user base and provide the highest quality services to local players in the Korean market. The introduction of more of Perfect World's online games into the Korean market will help further strengthen our international reputation as a comprehensive online game developer and operator. More importantly, we believe Nexon's creativity, strong desire to challenge itself, and customer-centric culture will bring sustained growth opportunities to the New Company. Together, through the mutual beneficial resources created by this partnership, we look forward to providing our quality entertainment to more players."

Mr. Min Seo, CEO of Nexon Korea Corporation, added, "We are very excited about establishing this New Company with Perfect World to bring more of their titles into the Korean market. This partnership will combine Nexon's deep experience in publishing online games and well-established competencies in the Korean gaming market with Perfect World's rich and attractive content, and renowned R&D and operational capabilities. We look forward to introducing more exciting titles and providing world-class services to Korean players through this New Company. We are confident that this will be a rewarding move for both Nexon and Perfect World."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So...maybe now we get GM's that actually help players O_O?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We aren't Korean. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So...maybe now we get GM's that actually help players O_O?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL!!!!!!one!!! you funneh.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nexon is famous for banning other regions than US and Canada, so it might not be so much of a good thing.

Nexon, I know how it works... same as PWI, idiotic updates that most of the time do not fix anything, sales sales and more sales, players QQ in their forums and they do not even reply to them, and so on~

Guess it's the perfect match, YOU CAN KISS THE WIFE! b:cute
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that has nothing to do with us .............. bring games into the ""KOREAN"" market

we are the ""un-important"" market
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL!!!!!!one!!! you funneh.

^^^ THIS. PWE is completely, absolutely, 100% independent of Wanmei, Nexon, and whatever this new ish is. All they do is pay money to them to be able to have exclusive rights to have an official server presence in the US and apparently France and Germany. >_>

If, say, you wanted to make PWUK, you could license it and go through Wanmei and voila, all new players in the UK would be required to use your server for an official update provided server, you would be IP banned from PWE. You'd have a (convoluted, but existant) line to the Devs, direct, official updates from Wanmei, and (probably no) forewarning of future updates and content. May also have options for suggesting future content and patches.

>_> Don't assume that ANY news pertaining to Wanmei involves, impacts, or in any way, shape, or form effects PWE or our version of the game in a positive way.

If anything, the company will be diverting even more resources away from PWE translations, patches, and future content and into new projects.

PWI WAS a flagship game for Wanmei 2-3 years ago. The Flagship has Sunk, thar.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KOREA HAS B&S! do you EVEN think they will play this oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo*insert 10000000000 o's here*oooooooooooold game.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Doubt koreans would play whatever they're releasing over there. The only game they play is Starcraft. o.o
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Meanwhile in the Evil Online Gaming Corporation headquarters on some skull-shaped island in the middle of the atlantic ocean:

Nexon: How about we charge money...
    PWE: But we already-
    Nexon: ...for everything.
    PWE: Brilliant!

*diabolical laughter ensues*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Doubt koreans would play whatever they're releasing over there. The only game they play is Starcraft. o.o

Zerg rush kekeke.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Zerg rush kekeke.

Siege tank b:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Siege tank b:cute

You must construct more pylons.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is this even true ? or its some troll joke?. Where did you hear this from? Wammei site?b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nexon is famous for breaking stuff when "fixing" other stuff. After every update they do, servers are crashing, players get locked out of their accounts and experience various crashes. They've only gotten worse and worse at managing stuff.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nexon hugely fails as a company, their games also suck, guess it's a perfect match.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Oh them lol. They locked my new account for a new game moments before i can install the game. Lawl i guess they must of sensed that i am not going to cash buy their game lol.b:laughb:laugh.

I guess Nexon + wammel are made for heaven!.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You must construct more pylons.

but the humans dont use pylons b:shocked
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ew. I quit Maplestory because of their money-grubbing (it's worse than PWI) and now the two evil companies combine.

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]