Partying with higher level

JianDan - Sanctuary
JianDan - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
hello

I am a level 32 seeker and was running around near Heaven's Tear killing some level 30 stuff. This level 42 archer was doing the same thing and so he wanted to party with me. After joining the party I started getting double digit xp like 10-13 per kill.

Is this person trying to take advantage of a noob and steal all his xp? He knows I am way lower level than him.
Post edited by JianDan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fraire - Heavens Tear
    Fraire - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    hello

I am a level 32 seeker and was running around near Heaven's Tear killing some level 30 stuff. This level 42 archer was doing the same thing and so he wanted to party with me. After joining the party I started getting double digit xp like 10-13 per kill.

Is this person trying to take advantage of a noob and steal all his xp? He knows I am way lower level than him.

no lah, he prob doesnt need the Exp from killing the Mobs, he just want to finish the quest.
    because for higher level to party with lower level, the Exp gained by higher level will be cut down drastically too..
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wrong..... although i haven't bothered to check myself.. it's been said over and ovver and over .... and over.... and over.... and over that the LOWEST person in the party is the only one who seriously gets their exp nerfed.

Of course the exp gets split up more and more when u have more people , but say u got a .... lvl 80 and 5 lvl 100's, the lvl 80's gonna get nerfed.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ROFL!!! Its unfortunatley, a side effect of having a higher lev on squad, when your Xp gets reduced, and sadly you can have a high on squad, thats clear across the world map at the ther side of the world, and it would still snarff on your Xp... Thats why so many serious (Quest Grinders) only ask for our help when they need to kill "bosses, Bh's, Fb's & etc."......

But if your thinking that hes getting all the xp, hes getting likely getting even less then you since he was so much higher then the mobs, you two were dropping....

The higher ones character's are over mobs, the less ya gets Xp wise... Sometimes when ones really high all ya get is like (1 xp) off of many lower mobs....lolol

b:chuckle

Anyhows, the only way not to suffer the xp drop, is just too squad with peaple who are at yours and the mobs levels, though the larger a squad gets, even that type~the more it still cuts into Xp gains for each person on the squad, anyways.....
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Wrong..... although i haven't bothered to check myself.. it's been said over and ovver and over .... and over.... and over.... and over that the LOWEST person in the party is the only one who seriously gets their exp nerfed.

Of course the exp gets split up more and more when u have more people , but say u got a .... lvl 80 and 5 lvl 100's, the lvl 80's gonna get nerfed.

^ this

oh btw although your exp gets nerfed, the higher level will not gain more exp than they would unsquadded (your lost exp is not being transferred over to them, it is simply lost in the system) so you can't say they're taking advantage of you

killing mobs just for exp as opposed to quests at that level (save zhenning, but that's a different story) will get you nowhere anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.