Naming and Shaming - *removed* on RT server

Options
GlottalStop - Raging Tide
GlottalStop - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Since PWI support ticket system doesn't seem to work, I'll will post this here.
Hopefully a GM will read this and take action.

-removed-

On Raging Tide server, -remvoed- needs to be banned for scamming. Will he be? Probably not. But GMs need to know what is happening in game. I know there have been many reports and much discussion about him scamming players.
Yes, I realize everyone is responsible for protecting themselves and most do. But sh*t happens. This also does not mean scamming and attempted scamming should not be severely punished.

GMs I will be more than happy to take this off forum and discuss what happened this evening, if you are interested and intend to investigate this player's actions.

Again, yes, everyone is responsible for themselves but this does not mean this behavior should be ignored. Doing so drives away good players and leaves your game to thieves and trash, thus destroying your entire product and reputation. (Yes, -removed- is trash).
Post edited by GlottalStop - Raging Tide on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What problem are you having with the ticket system?
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

probably the same problem everyone else has; scammers, botters, hackers, ini changers etc are reported but never punished.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

IT takes too long. In the days(weeks) it takes for a ticket to even be noticed(ignored), scammers continue their scamming, and find ways to evade getting punished by switching to alts, modifying or blocking their IP address, etc. I strongly find this "naming and shaming" rule to be detrimental to this game's well-being. Because I believe we should be allowed to warn other players of scammers, so they know who to watch out for.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    what an idiotic rule is that.. naming players should be allowed, we can see our names on forum avatars as well.... and if someone does something ingame, he does it in public, so there is no need to hide they ingame names at all... idiotic rules from idiotic game-staff
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • GlottalStop - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Franki,

You glossed over the entire post and you're only response is about the ticket system?
    Really? What a shame.

An error appears saying my login credentials are invalid. They are the same login credentials that's allowing me to post here so they *are*valid.

But I guess you missed the point on this one, or just don't care.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    probably the same problem everyone else has; scammers, botters, hackers, ini changers etc are reported but never punished.

You really need screen shots and not just one but a few that more than prove users are violating TOS. They cannot be iffy but have to MORE then prove it.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You really need screen shots and not just one but a few that more than prove users are violating TOS. They cannot be iffy but have to MORE then prove it.

Tbh I agree with the others on this one. I personally have had a good experience with the ticket system for normal problems, but I have seen cases where several people have sent in tickets with pics about bots or scammers and nothing was ever done. Certain things they don't seem to take very seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    Options

What problem aren't we having with the ticket system?

It's becoming blatantly obvious that you guys are overloaded. Also, the lack of round-the-clock support for a "International" game is hideously appalling.

Personally it looks like you need to hire a few more people to work on support tickets. I've personally applied a few times, but never receive a response, even automated.

Also, maybe add a specific forum for naming and shaming =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

uhm, lets see: beside the fact that nothing ever gets done through it in a decent time frame (or when it's done it's waaay to late to matter) I personally think is a good system.
    b:victory
    /sarcasm

gold scammers are still WC-ing for weeks. Scammers are still running their business.
    Goonz glitchers are still ingame with "105" (some posting on alts on forum, 'cause it's pretty obvious they glitched), reported bugs never gets fixed... and I could go on honestly.
    I have to admit, ticketing works for trivial stuff like quest issue, fashion, mounts, etc. I had a few of them solved.
    For anything else though, the system is useless.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    franki what the news on goon glitchers punishment b:chuckle
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

This is THE MOST PATHETIC answer I have ever seen from any GM in any game.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    frankie disapear D:

frankie where art thou?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hmmm lets see...... No one replies to the tickets and if they do it takes them about a month or 2 to send a reply back. b:angry

Oh and Frankie... Start doing your d*mn job!! b:angry

I want eatwithspoons back b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tiana__ - Sanctuary
    Tiana__ - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well that has made me laugh I have to say.....what a wonderful response from Frankie proves the majority of stuff posted here never gets read. Been waiting for over 2 months for a ticket I submitted along with many screenshots of items stolen but has the issue ever been resolved...NOOOOOO course it hasnt. Ticket system is appauling and I have never seen such poor customer support in any game Ive ever played but Hey whats wrong with the system is all the GM can come up with lol
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

...seriously?
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Did you read his post?
  • GlottalStop - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think this game has really hit its downward spiral and it's time to jump ship.

It's clear this game has been put out to pasture by the developers. They are in maintenance mode only with no time/effort spent to monitor the game economy and social structure (for lack of a better term). I suppose in their minds they have done the work, now it's time to sit back and cash in.

I say good luck with that. I'm choosing to spend my money elsewhere. I have a general rule in life:
    There is too much competition out there. If you can't provide good service, I'll go find someone who can.

These games are a dime a dozen, PWI. You can't stick your fingers in your ears and go la-la-la and hope the problem goes away, Frankie. The problem will only continue to grow.
    You can't so grossly ignore your end consumers and expect to make money. There is a reason the stock price has dropped almost two-thirds in six months.

So...Maybe I'll see you all around in a better game.